Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest kgp700

korea omnia2 google account market fix test result

test1. froyo beta1 pack+original froyo module files(.ko) +market fix patch

-> phone network is not working(telephone not working)

add google account and market working perfactly

gtalk service monitor aid is normal

test2. froyo beta1 pack+ eclair beta1 dpram.ko module, optimized for korea 3g module(multipdp.ko),other modules froyo modules +market fix patch

-> phone network is working perfactly(telephone working perfactly)

add google account and market not working

gtalk service monitor aid is 0(INVALID AID!)

result on korea omnia2

telephone not working -> google account and market working perfactly

telephone working perfactly -> google account and market not working

LOL

it's funny

i don't understanding :)

Edited by kgp700

Guest mat9v

@Javier, sontot:

What you have here is normal part of installation, as you can read, the installer finished unpacking files and is trying to reboot. It is unable to and so displays kernel panic and then waits 30 seconds and reboots. It is that way since beta1.

After rebooting you have to put o2b3update.tar.gz with 3d drivers into My Storage root directory and start haret from the same directory. And wait patiently.

Guest l3ong91
@Javier, sontot:

What you have here is normal part of installation, as you can read, the installer finished unpacking files and is trying to reboot. It is unable to and so displays kernel panic and then waits 30 seconds and reboots. It is that way since beta1.

After rebooting you have to put o2b3update.tar.gz with 3d drivers into My Storage root directory and start haret from the same directory. And wait patiently.

Agreed, ext4 partition is correctly mounted and untar...just remember the o2b3update.tar.gz

Guest bart0z

Hey, first of all it's awesome that Froyo is out!

Sadly it's not working for me. I first tried the normal installation, which worked fine, until the second boot. Then I got "google.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" one after the other, with maybe 1 second in between. So that doesn't work.

So I thought i'd try the ISO installation, but I only get a black screen after booting, nothing happens. The only time something happens is when I hold the power-off button so the shut down menu appears. But when I click that away, it's back to all-black screen.

Can anyone help? I'd love to be able to use Android on my Omnia i8000

Guest sontot
Agreed, ext4 partition is correctly mounted and untar...just remember the o2b3update.tar.gz

Done that... install o2b3update.tar.gz on the 1st boot..

And the booting keeps on looping and looping and looping and looping.... hehehe.. :)

till no ending... sigh...

Edit 1: Yesss..!! I finally managed to install froyo using the latest ISO..

Now I just need to check why the SD is not readable...

I know the answers are somewhere in this forum... Gonna look for the solution.. :)

Edited by sontot

Guest mihai_mihai

i combined 2D/3D driver update and latest market fix in here , formated sd card, reinstall froyo(dev version) aplyed the update on first start, loged in to google and everything is perfect

i used froyo untill now from fs.iso and i can say that i'm impressed with the speed of the dev original froyo

edit: 2D/3D driver update and latest market fix + sd card fix(/sdcard not mnt/sdcard)o2b3update.tar.gz

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest carlospaco
@Quato
Hey i have put those file in my system/app yesterday, and market was working good, today it doesn't work anymore. I ama desperate.

Helllllpppppppppppppp

Guest msamitahir
Hey i have put those file in my system/app yesterday, and market was working good, today it doesn't work anymore. I ama desperate.

Helllllpppppppppppppp

Is the market not opening or its opening but you cannot download ? Also try and see if google talk is working.

Additionally if you have QtADB and Usb drivers installed you can use logcat to see what error it gives when you try to run market e.t.c

Guest msamitahir
korea omnia2 google account market fix test result

test1. froyo beta1 pack+original froyo module files(.ko) +market fix patch

-> phone network is not working(telephone not working)

add google account and market working perfactly

gtalk service monitor aid is normal

test2. froyo beta1 pack+ eclair beta1 dpram.ko module, optimized for korea 3g module(multipdp.ko),other modules froyo modules +market fix patch

-> phone network is working perfactly(telephone working perfactly)

add google account and market not working

gtalk service monitor aid is 0(INVALID AID!)

result on korea omnia2

telephone not working -> google account and market working perfactly

telephone working perfactly -> google account and market not working

LOL

it's funny

i don't understanding :)

I think you can start with test2 method without market fix.

Than add apk files in the update to system app folder 1 by 1 until you can get it working

I think atleast these 3 files are necessary

AccountandSyncsetting.apk

GoogleServicesFramework.apk

and CheckinProvider.apk

Edited by msamitahir

Guest carlospaco
Is the market not opening or its opening but you cannot download ? Also try and see if google talk is working.

Additionally if you have QtADB and Usb drivers installed you can use logcat to see what error it gives when you try to run market e.t.c

Market does open , but it gives download error.

Guest Sinistersky
New Updates:

04/23/11: Today

09:42 Changeset [132] by marc Camera changes.

hope they fix the /mnt/sdcard/ thing to /sdcard... so we can install angry birds properly...instead of having to remove teh SD card

Guest andylau
hope they fix the /mnt/sdcard/ thing to /sdcard... so we can install angry birds properly...instead of having to remove teh SD card

you can do it yourself just by changing all the /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard in init.rc(4 places) and etc/vold.fstab(only one) as someone said before

here is the modified files

Guest Sinistersky
you can do it yourself just by changing all the /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard in init.rc(4 places) and etc/vold.fstab(only one) as someone said before

here is the modified files

where?

Guest problematika
Its good to know this is also working for other users.

For those using Quato's fs.iso, i have applied this update to his fs.iso

You can download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1z091asou2f7...froyo-fs.7z.001

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cbmz479sb3.&...froyo-fs.7z.002

http://www.mediafire.com/file/97x1y4pgrlc8...froyo-fs.7z.003

Additionally you can also update by extracting the o2b3update.tar.gz file on your computer and copying APK files to system/app folder on the android using ADB

Android will install the files automatically.

Regards

Sami

Can anyone report does Market works with this updated fs.iso? Because after instalation last night, market works as well, but today it doesn't work again...strange. :)

Guest TheSamuray
sorry for forgetting the files(my computer get blue a lot ) and my delay ,here it is :(

Have u used these files successfuly?

Bcoz i ve tried making these changes & my system wont start :)

i ll try using your files & see

Thanx :)

Guest Sinistersky
sorry for forgetting the files(my computer get blue a lot ) and my delay ,here it is :)

that's what i was reffering too earlier... thank you xD

Guest andylau
Have u used these files successfuly?

Bcoz i ve tried making these changes & my system wont start :)

i ll try using your files & see

Thanx :)

yes,i have used it to changed the sdcard from mnt to the root successfully ,but the angry birds app still cant be installed except the unmount-mount method.

so sad

Guest problematika
2D/3D driver update and latest market fix + sd card fix(/sdcard not mnt/sdcard) o2b3update.tar.gz

Can we update these files throught Ubuntu if we use fs.iso? Is it possible? If not, can you apply these files in fs.iso and upload it? :)

Or can someone make tutorial (guide) how to manage fs.iso? How to update that file? Which tool we need? Tnx!

And, angry birds are soo smooth! :)

Edited by problematika

Guest kgp700

post-607710-1303572243_thumb.png

my korea omnia2 is not working add google account and market, gtalk

(if telephone is working at first boot then google account and market not working,

if telephone is not working at first boot them google account and market working

it's my log during add google account

have many errors

"????????????????"is not valid imei (expect 15 decimal digit)"-> i think it's point

my imei number is 16 digit

Edited by kgp700