Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Sinistersky
AWD is slower then LauncherPro and uses more ram. I agree it has more futures but I prefer responsiveness, so for me it's not so good.

nobody is talking about ADW here...we're talking about ADW 2... read first...

Guest Doc Lorenzo

(Doc Lorenzo @ Apr 24 2011, 15:52)

I have two major issues with my froyo install (sd card install).

1) I am getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" + googleframework errors at startup and adw launcher is not started. I have cleared data/cache of contacts, calendar, calls and more but the error is still there. The install is useless now, but I would hate to reinstall, since this is actually the 4th time I have to reinstall because of this error (the other times however were a bit different since adw launcher was started). Any ideas?

2) I can no longer apply updates with the o2b3update.tar.gz file, it simply isn't applied when booting (file remains in mystorage). When is the update file applied - could it be connected to the other issue?

did you or do you do a specific update before this (under 1) happens?

Not really. One of the times it happened after a '"sudden shutdown" because there was no more battery and when I rebooted I had the acore error. A couple of times it simply happened for no apparent reason (does not occur until after a reboot however). And this time the only thing I can think of was sync with google calender/contacts, however I have cleared both the data on the phone and in google, and it actually seems as if it's adw launcher that is the issue since I can't even open adw, but since it is integrated in the system I can't uninstall it. The lock screen and programs running in the background works, since the notification bar is updated eg with gmail, but apart from that nothing is shown on the screen (black).

Guest problematika

Im trying to install Android manual on My storage. So, I created ext3 (primary), FAT32 (primary). Extract all contents form Froyo files, 2D/3D libs, extracted all contents in ubuntu...and getting error: Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown - block(179,6) ! Tried 0p5, 0p2, 0p6... What Im doing wrong? Maybe ext3 and FAT32 had to be LOGICAL not PRIMARY? Help? :)

Guest Ngage
Im trying to install Android manual on My storage. So, I created ext3 (primary), FAT32 (primary). Extract all contents form Froyo files, 2D/3D libs, extracted all contents in ubuntu...and getting error: Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown - block(179,6) ! Tried 0p5, 0p2, 0p6... What Im doing wrong? Maybe ext3 and FAT32 had to be LOGICAL not PRIMARY? Help? :)

If you format first primary ext3, then you have ext3 as k0p1, and fat32 primary is k0p2, in STARTUP.TXT make modify to mmcblk0p1 for boot.

Guest problematika
If you format first primary ext3, then you have ext3 as k0p1, and fat32 primary is k0p2, in STARTUP.TXT make modify to mmcblk0p1 for boot.

Tried, and get another kernel panic, but this time is: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel . What now? :)

Guest ritchietos

have someone try a linux swap partition on this buld ???

i know that when iam using swap whit a topaz i get more free ram (and it was more responsive for multitasking)

Guest osmington

iso version working well for me, after several reboots it seems a lot more responsive now ?

market working randomly.

battery much better 16 hours after charge 67% with moderate use of text calls & wifi

Guest problematika

Failed to execute /init. Try passing init= option to kernel . Anyone? ext3 + fat32 on my storage.

Do I get this errors because when I untar Ext4.tar.gz, I need to type in terminal "sudo bash" to apply o2b3update.tar.gz (2D/3D libs). So I must run termninal as root to apply libs...is that problem or something else?

Edited by problematika

Guest nikidd

Froyo working fine on my EURO i8000 from SDCard.

Thanks to the fixes above:

- Market working

- SD card mounted fine

Problems:

- While charging (or maybe because of the WiFi download activities) gets very hot

- Battery drain

- sometimes there are messages that certain process is not responding - usually choosing wait is good enough

- camera pictures (with the default app included in the beta) not very good

Great work DEV team, thank you very much! No SOD, stable and quite fast! Looking forward to see what the final release will look like.

Added some widgets to suite my needs, a nice remote access and outlook sync apps. I can't think of any app that I'm missing from WinMo. If you can make Bluetooth and back Camera work better that would be really, really great.

Android1.JPG

Android2.JPG

Edited by nikidd

Guest problematika

EDIT: in ubuntu ext3 partition - disk , was disk__ (double _ ) !!!!!!!! Now everything works fine! Market, SD...great! Good night! :)

Guest SrMoure

Can I remove the file o2b3update.tar.gz from my storage root after running haret.exe from the root folder or do i need to keep it there after the update is done.

I managed to install it and everything is working except for wifi. Probably i need to reboot, but i'd like to no what to do with o2b3update.tar.gz

Guest BTGDelta
Can I remove the file o2b3update.tar.gz from my storage root after running haret.exe from the root folder or do i need to keep it there after the update is done.

I managed to install it and everything is working except for wifi. Probably i need to reboot, but i'd like to no what to do with o2b3update.tar.gz

If everything worked out fine, your o2b3updaze.tar.gz gets removed after boot automaticaly, if it didn't you should find the file still there and a new error log should be there too. My WiFi works, at least after a reboot and before first 'sleep'. After locking the phone i have to reboot to connect to wifi again.

Edited by BTGDelta

Guest firefly2k3
how to do it with commander.. p|ease exp|ain.. thnxx

1. Start Total Commander

2. Open ext4.tar.gz in the left pane and go into the ext4.tar (shown as ext4) file. This will list the contents of the ext4.tar file including all the folders.

3. Open the 2D/3D libs o2b3update.tar.gz in the right pane and go into the o2b3update.tar (shown as o2b3update) file. This will list the contents of the o2b3update.tar file which has only one folder "system".

4. Drag and drop the "system" folder from right pane to the left pane

5. Click "overwrite all" files when asked for

6. Come out of the ext4.tar.gz by clicking [..] in the list of files in the left pane.

7. Click "Yes" when it says: The file ext4.tar has changed. Do you want to repack it into ext4.tar.gz?

8. You are done. Put this modified ext4.tar.gz on MyStorage root and run Haret.exe from o2beta directory. This will do a fresh install.

HTH

~Firefly

Guest dgmorland

I installed Beta 3 Froyo onto the My Storage of the phone and finally got it all starting up ok. I am having trouble adding a google account for syncing. I am getting the message "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". I have tried connecting via WiFi and 3G. I found an earlier posting with an o2b3update.tar.gz update file that may fix this. I applied it but it hasn't helped. I also saw a posting saying to register with youtube app. I did this and I was finally able to connect to youtube account but I still cant sync to main google account. If I go to settings I see my youtube account listed but it says Sync is Off underneath. Any suggestions on how to sync my main google account?

Guest tjeerdos
how can i install .apk files in froyo? adb dont detect my phone.

just put the apk file on your sd or somewhere else on your phone. and with file explorer (on your phone) you select the apk .

installation will begin .

greets tjeerdos

Guest LOLOH2
If you are having problem accessing market on the fixed iso try the following

goto setting -> applications -> manage applications

under downloaded select market

than click "uninstall update"

It should fix the market

Hi, I've no luck, I'm using the fixed iso but still cannot download any apps after trying your method. it work the first time but after a while, the Authentication failed error appeared and cannot download again. Anyone can help ? Thanks.

Guest msamitahir
Hi, I've no luck, I'm using the fixed iso but still cannot download any apps after trying your method. it work the first time but after a while, the Authentication failed error appeared and cannot download again. Anyone can help ? Thanks.

See if market is updated again. If yes than uninstall update again

Guest barryhamsy

live wallpaper patches gave me error,only certain live wallpaper works., can someone confirm with me. even with |3ong91 patch also gave an error,

Edited by barryhamsy

Guest urkopi

One question...

I want to remove my Google Account and I can't, the phone tells that I have to "Reset" the droid, I did it and it doesn't work!

I saw in a lot of pages to remove data from two apps (Google App and Market) I removed the data from the Market but I can't see the app "Google Apps"

Where is the app? How to remove the account?

Regards!