Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest mrozek
Please help me out!!!

I got this annoying error when i start the haret.exe : "Couldn't open the executable". I did a hard reset but that doesn't solved this s***!

THX

Hi, alabama20. You've got a stock ROM, I guess... I've experienced exactly the same msg as yours then changed ROM to custom one and I am able to run haret with no further problems.

mrozek

Guest shoarmabakpao
Please help me out!!!

I got this annoying error when i start the haret.exe : "Couldn't open the executable". I did a hard reset but that doesn't solved this s***!

THX

Some other guy mentioned it could be a stock rom which it isn't. Try to re-check all your files and try to do the standard auto installation.

Guest alexovy
Hi, alabama20. You've got a stock ROM, I guess... I've experienced exactly the same msg as yours then changed ROM to custom one and I am able to run haret with no further problems.

mrozek

I have a stock ROM and I have no problem running froyo from first day.

Guest tjeerdos
OK!, but I have made only few simple modifications ( that match my settings :) ) :

Framework_res_O2B3__by_sgoo_.zip

All live wallpapers I have tried are working well, I don't know ...

Live wallpapers must be installed "ex novo", must have a fresh install.

does this update make the notification bar black? sure hope so.....

greets tjeerdos

Guest Sinistersky
i cant watch video on youtube and facebook application. its playing 4-5 seconds, and it stop. is it normal?

most likely yes... :)

Guest emptyara
i cant watch video on youtube and facebook application. its playing 4-5 seconds, and it stop. is it normal?

for me everything is ok.. i able to watch full video without problem.. :)

Guest n4m3less

Hi! after a week of using the phone is fine! but the native video call (3G/UMTS based videocalls) will be implemented? there is a way to make a video call?

great job devs

Edited by n4m3less

Guest emptyara
Hi! after a week of using the phone is fine! but the native video call (3G/UMTS based videocalls) will be implemented? there is a way to make a video call?

great job devs

i tried twice with fring tru data plan.. it works with our back camera.. :)

Guest Carlos_rpg

Guys, some apps does not use acelerometers correctly, is that a known bug?

app tested > homerun battle 3D

can someone confirm ?

does anyone know an app to flash ligth (very usefull in the dark!)

Edited by Carlos_rpg

Guest RizeLee

Hello friends

i have omnia2. i tried to install anroid but i take error

error line can't mount to sd ext4 etc. how can i solve problem

thx

Edited by RizeLee

Guest trentu69

Hi guys,

I’m really in need for help since this has been a problem for a while now…

A while ago I messed up the partitioning on my device trying to install o2droid on My Storage. Needless to say I mad it work for a while by simply changing the init.rc a little and the default.txt files etc.

Currently I can’t get any install method to work for me and I really want to use Android again.

Currently, basically mmcblk0p5 partition which is the My Storage in WinMo is currently mmcblk0p1

WinMo still boots because it runs off a hidden partition containing the cubic.mli if I understand this correctly!!!

I need to go back to Samsung stock partitioning, in other words the default before I messed up the partitioning table.

Someone suggested flashing a full image using Octans tool, in other words an image with all four parts Eboot, csc, phone, and pda parts. Or at least Eboot, csc, and pda parts.

Problem is I can’t find a full image for our Omnia II I8000 or I8000L :)

Can anyone please please tell me if this would work and where to find a full image for I8000 or I8000L? my original image was I8000LUGIJ6 but anything close would do…

Please I desperately need help and advice on how to go back to stock original partitioning.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Guest mkmkwong
the only issue is the fast battery draining .

Any suggestions?

You may try to use "Advanced Task Killer" to kill the task when Screen Off

Auto Kill Level: Aggressive

Auto Kill Frequency: When screen off

It'll save battery when not using (3-4% usage per hour)

However battery fast draining still exists when using 3G/WiFi

Edited by mkmkwong

Guest micmac
You may try to use "Advanced Task Killer" to kill the task when Screen Off

Auto Kill Level: Aggressive

Auto Kill Frequency: When screen off

It'll save battery when not using (3-4% usage per hour)

However battery fast draining still exists when using 3G/WiFi

when using 3g/wifi any device will drain batt juice...imho :)

Guest kenzou^
Hi guys,

I have managed to find a fix for google account, talk, and market problems. It is atleast working for me.

You can download the file here

http://www.multiupload.com/GTDLMYOI8P

You can try updating your current installation first. Though I have tried from a fresh install using Ubuntu.

You can also directly push these apk files to system/app folder as well using ADB

Best Regards,

Sami

Finally i manage to get froyo working in my omnia

only 1 problem i have...while downloading from market error of "Google Service Framework stop unexpectedly" and need to force close. It appears every 2-3 minutes

can i use this udate to fix it?

Guest MoMufc

hi guys, im a newbie. can you help me with some problems im facing with my android. everything is workin fine, except

1. how do i update or sync my phonebook. how to get it from my sim card or phone memory.

2. whenever i play, angry birds, when i exit, the main screen becomes distorted , with running images & weird wordings coming out on the screen, but the phone is still usable.

thanks alot.

Guest firefly2k3

Everyone's talking about SOD.... I had a WOD (Wake Of Death)...

After running flawlessly for 6 hours, my Froyo is not responding while on Home screen.... its been 20 minutes now... No "Force Close/Wait" pop-ups yet...

@MoMufc :

Try this post if you use Outlook: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...nmo-to-android/

HTH

~Firefly

Edited by firefly2k3

Guest carlospaco

Hello, After some days i must say that android froyo is almost perfect.

Everything works great, WIFI,3G,Market,Camera,No freezes,Batery good,angry birds RIO works great.

I had it at the first time instal with FS.ISO, it wasn't that bad, but know i have install it on, my storage for a while, that's alot better. Faster.

I have made on partition fat logical, and one EXT3 primary.

One thing that i have when i install spb shell 3d some icons and name are screwd.WHY Is THAT?

Is there somebody how has it works good?

At the moment i use go launcher. Very good also.

You did an amazing work , Thanks for that DEV

Guest voyteckst
It is called freeze :mellow:

No, it's rather problem with waking up properly. Just try to call Your "freezed" android and You'll hear signal like Your phone is online.

Guest firefly2k3
No, it's rather problem with waking up properly. Just try to call Your "freezed" android and You'll hear signal like Your phone is online.

Exactly... My wife complained that she called me around 5 times and it kept ringing but I didn't answer the call... :mellow:

Anyways... had to remove the battery and boot into WinMO... Subsequent boots to Android giving various issues like freezes, 3G not turning off etc... guess I'll have to do a fresh install...

~Firefly

Guest n4m3less

question For devs:

great job devs

another question: in setting/wireless and network/mobile network the "network operators" return a error...I can not manually select!

you confirm this problem?

Guest darkworldzz

any1 tried using WEP wifi?? i can only connect through normal wifi without security..

noob android user here, so i can only install to SD card.. :mellow: any ideas??

Guest Sinistersky
any1 tried using WEP wifi?? i can only connect through normal wifi without security..

noob android user here, so i can only install to SD card.. :mellow: any ideas??

My router is WEP protected...works like a charm... I'm advanced user... :o Still doesn't change the fact why you wouldn't be able to connect...