Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest problematika

Does only in my case I must to type "sudo bash" to enter in "cd /media/disk_/" and untar some updates "o2b3update.tar.gz", or that is normal behaviour? So, is it normal to run as root in terminal to utar updates?

Guest forajido
question For devs:

another question: in setting/wireless and network/mobile network the "network operators" return a error...I can not manually select!

you confirm this problem?

The same for me. The only way to scan networks is reboot and do it in WinMo and then get into android again.

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Can I create a ext4.tar.gz from my actual ISOm to create an SD instal ext4?

My ISO is a lot improved to my likes, and don't want to make everything again

Guest ohheyitskatrin

I followed the instructions from the first page and get up-to the 8th step opening the haret file a second time (from my storage) and just get the error Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-bloc(179,10) Can anybody help?

Guest BassBionic
1) I am getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" + googleframework errors at startup and adw launcher is not started. I have cleared data/cache of contacts, calendar, calls and more but the error is still there. The install is useless now, but I would hate to reinstall, since this is actually the 4th time I have to reinstall because of this error (the other times however were a bit different since adw launcher was started). Any ideas?

Got the same error.

I installed Froyo on My Storage. It worked great for a few days. I tested some applications, installed a game etc. I still use WM so I have to start Android everytime when I use it. After playing with it for a while I made a reboot and suddenly I got this error after entering my pin code.

Could it has to do with the Gmail synchronization? It's the only thing I've checked (for the first time) before rebooting besides the apps I used before without problems.

Guest ohheyitskatrin
I followed the instructions from the first page and get up-to the 8th step opening the haret file a second time (from my storage) and just get the error Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-bloc(179,10) Can anybody help?

finally fixed this and did everything :mellow: but as soon as the android logo comes up my phone freezes swithches off and its back to windows mobile. Any ideas why?

Guest PuCiNhOOO
finally fixed this and did everything :mellow: but as soon as the android logo comes up my phone freezes swithches off and its back to windows mobile. Any ideas why?

2D / 3D libraries?

Guest BTGDelta

You should be able to do it if it is an normal iso image (sorry, didnt try android images). Worst case, you could still do a manual install by extracting your files to ext4 formatted SD card (by using a linux livecd e.g) and then editing your startup.txt so that it would point to your sd card.

Guest Doc Lorenzo

Regarding error android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Got the same error.

I installed Froyo on My Storage. It worked great for a few days. I tested some applications, installed a game etc. I still use WM so I have to start Android everytime when I use it. After playing with it for a while I made a reboot and suddenly I got this error after entering my pin code.

Could it has to do with the Gmail synchronization? It's the only thing I've checked (for the first time) before rebooting besides the apps I used before without problems.

Yes I believe for most part it has something to do with either a bad contact, mail or calender entry. However, I were not able to correct it by clearing all calender/mail/contact data from both android and google, so there must be something else that can cause this. And I've had that error with 4 installs now, only two of them where I synced with google.. - I have reinstalled again and so far no error.. even with syncing

Guest BTGDelta
Regarding error android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Yes I believe for most part it has something to do with either a bad contact, mail or calender entry. However, I were not able to correct it by clearing all calender/mail/contact data from both android and google, so there must be something else that can cause this. And I've had that error with 4 installs now, only two of them where I synced with google.. - I have reinstalled again and so far no error.. even with syncing

Someone told that this error could be depending on the filesystem you use, giving a hint that installs on ext4 partitions usually dont have this error. (Personally i don't believe that, but sometimes solutions for kernel and application stability issues have more in common with voodoo and superstitions than with real IT ^^)

Guest xibianliang

Yes, you can. i did exactly that and eliminated the Wifi problem occurred in the original version.

Guest Leeds

Hey guys, I just bought a 4gb SD but I can't get Froyo to work on it..

I did a clean install following the guide by l3ong91 on xda but at the welcome screen (configuration), where I have to click on the android to start the configuration process, I click on it but nothing happens.. then, I get this message: "Process system is not respondig (force close / wait)" it doesn't matter wich one I press, I get the same result.. freeze and after a few seconds = SOD

The problem is not 2d/3d libs because I installed them :mellow:

Any idea what this might be?

I might format the SD and try again..

Edited by Leeds

Guest micmac

I did a clean install following the guide by l3ong91 on xda but at the welcome screen (configuration), where I have to click on the android to start the configuration process, I click on it but nothing happens.. then, I get this message: "Process system is not respondig (force close / wait)" it doesn't matter wich one I press, I get the same result.. freeze and after a few seconds = SOD

The problem is not 2d/3d libs because I installed them :o

better to use SD class6 or better :mellow:

Guest tony_2000sg

The problem is not 2d/3d libs because I installed them :mellow:

I had same problem with Kingston 4gb SDHC class 4 when I installed Beta 2, but the speed is ok on Foryo, still slower than my another 2GB SD card.

Guest firefly2k3

The problem is not 2d/3d libs because I installed them :o

Did your SD card heat-up during the first run? Happened to me a lot on my earlier Class4 card.

Workaround: Believe me I'm not joking...remove the battery cover and hold the phone in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator (or in front of your aircon while cooling) during first boot until the setup completes...yeah your hands get a little numb :mellow: ...but worked like a charm for me with not even a single "force close".

~Firefly

Guest micmac
Did your SD card heat-up during the first run? Happened to me a lot on my earlier Class4 card.

Workaround: Believe me I'm not joking...remove the battery cover and hold the phone in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator (or in front of your aircon while cooling) during first boot until the setup completes...yeah your hands get a little numb :o ...but worked like a charm for me with not even a single "force close".

~Firefly

i believe u, overheat is not good in electronic :mellow:

Guest Leeds

Workaround: Believe me I'm not joking...remove the battery cover and hold the phone in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator (or in front of your aircon while cooling) during first boot until the setup completes...yeah your hands get a little numb :o ...but worked like a charm for me with not even a single "force close".

~Firefly

Wew, yeah, my SD runs very hot at the start, much more than my old 1gb SD, I believe you are right, that might be the problem

Haha, I might have to put some gloves on

I'll try that and see if it works :mellow:

I have exactly the same SDHC as you tony_2000sg, it's good to know that it works on it, thanks :D

Thanks all!

Edited by Leeds

Guest Leeds

Hmm, unfortunatelly the freezer thing didn't work.. :D

But one thing is for sure, my phone was ice cube freezing :mellow:

I formated the SD using 'SD Formatter' and did a clean install but it always crash at the same place :D

Is it possible that during cache build (first time running haret from o2beta folder) something went wrong and now it wont let android run properly?

Maybe SD overheating at that time too?

Or maybe my SD is faulty?

I would leave my phone inside the freezer during the whole instalation but that would probably make it FTD (freeze to death) loool

Well, this is bad, did anyone else experienced this problem with Kingstom SDHC 4Gb (Class 4)?

Any help is welcome :o

Thanks

EDIT: It's weird cuz I can click on emergency dial and that change language option on the start screen, both work pretty smooth but I still get SOD after a few seconds..

Edited by Leeds

Guest alexovy

After about a week of really nice functionality, I finally have an SOD.

The problem is that now, every time my phone goes to sleep, I have SOD and I have to remove the battery.

Guest forajido
After about a week of really nice functionality, I finally have an SOD.

The problem is that now, every time my phone goes to sleep, I have SOD and I have to remove the battery.

I'm afraid you'll have to re-install. I often make a backup of the whole system so, when it happens to me, I don´t lose all data. Only format my Ext4 partition and untar my backup.

Guest MoMufc

hi guys, im having problem with my clock. i cant seem to change it. it default set to moscow time. anybody know how can i change this. it would great help. and what is this APN, and how do i set it up? im using eclair 2.1

Guest barryhamsy
Yes, you can. i did exactly that and eliminated the Wifi problem occurred in the original version.

can share with me?

And my live wallpaper error on screen was (process com.android.wallpaper)

know why?

Edited by barryhamsy