Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest quato7906
anyone know hoe fix the dumpstate error at the start?

When dumstate error appears press camera button twice and Android will start faster

->after that with File Explorer click on the home button(in the File Explorer application) enter the address /data/log/ and delete the file dumpstate_sys.log ,remember must enter the address manually,otherwise you cannot see the file with normal exploring,because the folders inside "data" folder are hidden.

When you start Android again there shouldn't be error.

Ekremsky.

Edited by quato7906

Guest Rapid81
Also, there seemed to be no way of shutting down or reset without taking the battery out.

If you not read the FAQ, then just do that, and reinstall the Android afetr every 2-3 battery removes. :lol:

Edited by Rapid81

The way I do it is to boot in win mo. Copy apk file to storage card. Then load android and use the file explorer to install.

tried that but when i press install. message comes up saying "application not installed".

Guest djsolidsnake86
When dumstate error appears press camera button twice and Android will start faster

->after that with File Explorer click on the home button(in the File Explorer application) enter the address /data/log/ and delete the file dumpstate_sys.log ,remember must enter the address manually,otherwise you cannot see the file with normal exploring,because the folders inside "data" folder are hidden.

When you start Android again there shouldn't be error.

Ekremsky.

thank you man! this solution must be wrote in first post!

tried that but when i press install. message comes up saying "application not installed".

Wait for others responses because I'm no expert but thats the way i installed everything that I didn't get off the market. Default is to install "unknown sources" in application settings but check that in case.

If still not installing I'm wondering whether the apk is corrupt.

thank you man! this solution must be wrote in first post!

I agree. Thankyou. I'll post it in the issues section as a solution unless someone beats me to it.

hmmmm the 3d-benchmark is way too poor on my B7610 :lol:

have anyone else done a benchmark with Quadrant?

or did i missunderstud that 3d-acceleration is enabled (with o2betaupdate)

device.png

First greetz to the devs. They did (and continue to do) really nice job with this release.

I was too pessimistic about that project but hopefully I wasn't right.

Just to share my experience till now beside all the bugs that all of you've mentioned (and I confirm too :lol: ).

Many efforts spent in managing the SD card to unarchive the ext2.tar.gz. Finally I succeed. After I loaded the 2D/3D libraries, it is even usable :)

The LauncherPro and Home Switcher programs are a MUST for this release. It functions quite better and more fluid than the home screen by default.

Quadrant doesn't want to test the device. First it says "Software OpenGLES to be used" (seems no 3D drivers at all ?!) and after it fails at 10th test of CPU which is x264 testing.

Rockplayer (media player) doesn't want to run any file because the path to the sdcard isn't somehow understandable to the program. Another media program yxflash runs the files but the playback is terribly slow.

The RAM size seems to be very low. Something like 96 MB usable for me. So because of this or something other when the phone sticks on some operation, after a minute I have a restart (perhaps, some watchdog initiates) to WinMo.

The Wifi is very instable and connects with some odd way. But it could be my cheap router that causes it. When connected it runs with a nice speed (no slowdowns).

That's all and looking forward for the next releases :)

Edited by surenz

Guest voyteckst
hmmmm the 3d-benchmark is way too poor on my B7610 :lol:

have anyone else done a benchmark with Quadrant?

or did i missunderstud that 3d-acceleration is enabled (with o2betaupdate)

device.png

On O2 I have 130, but without CPU tests (test number 10 - multimedia - crashes).

Guest voyteckst
First greetz to the devs. They did (and continue to do) really nice job with this release.

I was too pessimistic about that project but hopefully I wasn't right.

Just to share my experience till now beside all the bugs that all of you've mentioned (and I confirm too :lol: ).

Many efforts spent in managing the SD card to unarchive the ext2.tar.gz. Finally I succeed. After I loaded the 2D/3D libraries, it is even usable :)

The LauncherPro and Home Switcher programs are a MUST for this release. It functions quite better and more fluid than the home screen by default.

Quadrant doesn't want to test the device. First it says "Software OpenGLES to be used" (seems no 3D drivers at all ?!) and after it fails at 10th test of CPU which is x264 testing.

Rockplayer (media player) doesn't want to run any file because the path to the sdcard isn't somehow understandable to the program. Another media program yxflash run the files but the playback is terribly slow.

The RAM size seems to be very low. Something like 96 MB usable for me. So because of this or something other when the phone sticks on some operation, after a minute I have a restart (perhaps, some watchdog initiates) to WinMo.

The Wifi is very instable and connects with some odd way. But it could be my cheap router that causes it. When connected it runs with a nice speed (no slowdowns).

That's all and looking forward for the next releases :)

So:

- video is not implemented yet

- for ram: 256 - phone reserved part = 208, 208 - 32 (reserverd for g3d) = 176, 176 - some_other reserved = ~160 (check with cat /proc/meminfo)

- for wifi - it's beta so it can be unstable

Edited by voyteckst

- for ram: 256 - phone reserved part = 208, 208 - 32 (reserverd for g3d) = 176, 176 - some_other reserved = ~160 (check with cat /proc/meminfo)

In this case the memory size approaches the size under WinMo. Fortunately, Android manages it in a better way (but consumes almost the same amount as WinMo for OS needs).

post-597522-1295614462_thumb.png

Download statistics above.

For guys who has still install problems:

1. the very first version does not apply patch. Do not use mirrors for downloading because it can be the very first version.

2. read carefully the installation instruction before posting here.

If the forum filled up the same problems we are not able to follow it and we might be missed the really important posts.

Sandor

Can anyone tell me what is SVN?... and the SVN Update?

Thanks

if you don't know what svn is ... you don't need it :lol:

it's kind of a version controlling system (like cvs) for joint coding

Guest nanshang

who can tell me,How should I use o2bupdate.tar.gz???put it in my Storage ??or other way ....because of my bad english, i don't know the meaning of page 7 ..127..who can tell me what can i do ..thank you very much....

Guest gonzo_bonzo
who can tell me,How should I use o2bupdate.tar.gz???put it in my Storage ??or other way ....because of my bad english, i don't know the meaning of page 7 ..127..who can tell me what can i do ..thank you very much....

Yes, just put it on the My Storage and run Haret.

After update it will desappear from My Storage and it's normal.

Guest shoarmabakpao
On O2 I have 130, but without CPU tests (test number 10 - multimedia - crashes).

First try without the cpu test (test number 10 - multimedia crashes ) I got 270 points which was fine for me :lol:

Really love the devolpment of The insane Android devolpers for this phone!

Even without dedicated drivers my phone reached 270 points!

GO TEAM GO!