Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Sinistersky
IS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO RUN ANDROID MORE THAN A WEEK?

I was not able to run any beta version of Android, more then one week. After maximum one week I have to install it again or I get lots of freezes and SODs.

Is it just me?

i've been able to run it for about 20 days now... no problems :mellow:

Guest ricvec
i've been able to run it for about 20 days now... no problems :mellow:

Hi Sinistersky,

could you tell me which 3d Driver are you using? Because my O2 is really slow and I think it's due to the drivers.

Thank you.

I WANT TO SAY TO THE DEVS THAT THIS PROJECT IS GORGEOUS AND A LOT OF PEOPLE IS WAITING FOR NEW UPDATES EVEN IF THEY DON'T WRITE ANYTHING ON THE FORUM (I'm one of them even if I'm writing now :o )

Guest Sinistersky
Hi Sinistersky,

could you tell me which 3d Driver are you using? Because my O2 is really slow and I think it's due to the drivers.

Thank you.

I WANT TO SAY TO THE DEVS THAT THIS PROJECT IS GORGEOUS AND A LOT OF PEOPLE IS WAITING FOR NEW UPDATES EVEN IF THEY DON'T WRITE ANYTHING ON THE FORUM (I'm one of them even if I'm writing now :mellow: )

regular 2d/3d driver that was for download on the xda forum...

Guest ASIDER

i tried adobe air it is working wery well thanks dev teams

is there any body try adobe flash player it may be work

i will try tomorrow i will spend time

but i dont have time for now

Guest Kanwar Raj Singh

I was not able to run any beta version of Android, more then one week. After maximum one week I have to install it again or I get lots of freezes and SODs.

Is it just me?

for me its been 10 days and runs flawlessy ...!!! get 15 hrs of talktime which is enough for me to take it to work adn thru the night and i put it on charge ..!!!

i play angry birds and friends also and msgsing and talking for an hour daily ,.. net is turned on and off for abt 15 mins or more several time in a day to check ma email and facebook account and news and wether ..!! and other things as installing of diff apps and playing arnd with the phone is also done and hasnnt dissapointed till yet..

way to go developers

Guest Extremegmx
i've been able to run it for about 20 days now... no problems :o

What?! My android last 2 days and then it just reboots or I get SoD :mellow: Running ISO version.

Guest carlospaco
What?! My android last 2 days and then it just reboots or I get SoD :mellow: Running ISO version.
First i was running also ISO, not that bad, but know i have got it about 10 days on my storage install and it runs very stable.

Guest jroon

Is it just me?

+1

Guest genexide

already in 8 days straight with no SOD or hangs. pretty happy that my O2 has been given a new life. thanks devs.

Guest 95ka

I give up after 3 days and over 20 hours of installing and reading posts. I dont know, why don't work for me. After runing haret phone restart and again and again and again. I try with my storage and sd card and windows and linux and,..... Maybe i'm not smart enough for Android.

Enjoy in ANDROID

Guest PuCiNhOOO
already in 8 days straight with no SOD or hangs. pretty happy that my O2 has been given a new life. thanks devs.

I'm using it for 6 days with installation on My Storage, with no problems.

But before that I was using it with ISO, for 2 weeks with no problems. :mellow:

Guest erikcas
I give up after 3 days and over 20 hours of installing and reading posts. I dont know, why don't work for me. After runing haret phone restart and again and again and again. I try with my storage and sd card and windows and linux and,..... Maybe i'm not smart enough for Android.

Enjoy in ANDROID

http://www.filesonic.sg/file/732622911/o2b3update.tar.gz

copy to my storage (where you find haret.exe) and boot

Guest mkmkwong

I want to share my existing Android to my friend. (Installed some apps)

How to delete my settings & share to him?

Guest xson

Anyone experience the android.process.media stop unexpectedly problem?

After my android run for 2 day, this problem easily occur when i try to change the Ringtone.

However, i am sure /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard are both exists, as i create a symbol link that /sdcard -> /mnt/sdcard

anyone know how to solve this problem?

I am running beta 3 on SD card

Guest acsel10

Hi guys,

after SD Card installation that work good for me ( exept for 3G data always stopped and started only when i have necessity, cause a problem with battery consumption and temp ), i'm trying My Storage installation and i report the bugs that i keep for my device:

- i cant import my contact from a SIM card to Andorid ( i've move them using WinMo to the SIM for import to Android ( i make this operation everytime when i've reinstall Android on SD Card with succes )); the operation finish but i cant see my contact list...it seems that joking me... :/

- i've to stop 3G data even in My storage installation cause the battery soffer the same with SD install;

- the clock time is crazy, more than the SD installation ( the system clock is good only in Data&Time menu but in screensaver and notify bar is not the same );

- the problem with the installation ( no download, that work good from market) of games like angry birds persist; so i think this games or install package have some problem with the ext4, couse in Eclair Beta, that are using on ext2 partiton the package are able to install, but i dont know how Android in My storage installation mount the SD Card.

Instead the MMS problem that i post in my recent post in this thread i've solved deleting the APNs NOVERCA.WEB and NOVERCA.MMS insert by default leaving in the list only my carrier APN. Sorry for my stupidity :mellow:

i hope this post help you Devs for your work that until now is great !

Thanks !

Guest erikcas
try and still same. But i read the text and i see: looking for /iso/fs.iso and then is None fs.iso

Can't find iso, why?

Sorry, can't help you with that. I only use "official" install from dev page.

Grtz Erik

Guest LOLOH2

Enjoy in ANDROID

use the iso version, no need to install

Guest LOLOH2

Enjoy in ANDROID

Guest LOLOH2

i have used iso version of android for a while n configured to my own liking, can anyone teach me how to convert or copy to My storage ext4 partition? tks

Guest felalex
i have used iso version of android for a while n configured to my own liking, can anyone teach me how to convert or copy to My storage ext4 partition? tks

Hi,

There are many ways to do it, here is the one I find simplest:

You can mount the iso in Linux (http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-mount-iso-image-under-linux.html).

Then you create the target partition wherever you want (SD card or My storage), you can use gparted and follow guidelines on type of partition to create (as I remember it should be primary, but I'm not sure).

Mount the newly created partition.

After that you can just copy the contents directory you've mounted the iso to, to the directory you've mounted the new partition to.

Change the startup.txt to in root of My Storage to point to the newly created partition.

P.S

You can tar the contents of the ISO (make an ext4.tar.gz with contents of the ISO), then you can use the installer provided by the devs (the SD one, or My Storage one) to do everything else for you automatically :mellow:.

Enjoy!

Edited by felalex