Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest voyteckst
Thanks, I've tried that now - but I still can't access my SD card when using Android.

This is getting really frustrating...

Could someone please tell me the right config for the vold.fstab file?

Android is installed on the SD card using the auto installer. Don't know whether this does matter or not.

Currently the last line of my vold.fstab looks like this:

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc1 #/mmc1:0001

by default it hould be: /mnt/sdcard instead of /sdcard because there is needed directory struture created. Otherwise auto-mount won't work. Also in init.rc should be EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard defined.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Ngage
Thanks, I've tried that now - but I still can't access my SD card when using Android.

This is getting really frustrating...

Could someone please tell me the right config for the vold.fstab file?

Android is installed on the SD card using the auto installer. Don't know whether this does matter or not.

Currently the last line of my vold.fstab looks like this:

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc1 #/mmc1:0001

Control your FAT32 partition of SDcard, it must to be FIRST PRIMARY PARTITION, if you have LOGICAL, that try convert to PRIMARY, this very IMPORTANT for system, make sure the FAT32 SDcard is k1p1.

Guest Shadowlord666
by default it hould be: /mnt/sdcard instead of /sdcard because there is needed directory struture created. Otherwise auto-mount won't work. Also in init.rc should be EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard defined.

OK, I've edited both files, but it still does not work.

Control your FAT32 partition of SDcard, it must to be FIRST PRIMARY PARTITION, if you have LOGICAL, that try convert to PRIMARY, this very IMPORTANT for system, make sure the FAT32 SDcard is k1p1.

That might be the reason. I've checked the partition - Fat32 partition was logical. I've changed it to primary, but now Android won't boot anymore!

Hangs at [ 5.431907] r5:00000000 r4:00000000.

Apparently it's not possible to change the partition back to logical (using Minitool Partition Wizard). I'll try it once again under Linux later, but I guess I have to reinstall Android, right?

Guest Ngage

That might be the reason. I've checked the partition - Fat32 partition was logical. I've changed it to primary, but now Android won't boot anymore!

Apparently it's not possible to change the partition back to logical (using Minitool Partition Wizard). I'll try it once again under Linux later, but I guess I have to reinstall Android, right?

When your changed FAT32 from Logical to Primary, you Fat32 Partition was change from k1p5 to k1p1, That your ext4 partition ( if is logical too???) was automaticaly change from logical k1p6 to logical k1p5 ( tall to me if I'm wrong ). is necesary to modify startup.txt for correct start partition to k1p5.

I don't know, what is your ext4 partition> primary or logical?

Guest Shadowlord666
When your changed FAT32 from Logical to Primary, you Fat32 Partition was change from k1p5 to k1p1, That your ext4 partition ( if is logical too???) was automaticaly change from logical k1p6 to logical k1p5 ( tall to me if I'm wrong ). is necesary to modify startup.txt for correct start partition to k1p5.

I don't know, what is your ext4 partition> primary or logical?

Great! SD card is working now! Finally!

Thanks to Ngage, voyteckst and adaze.

Btw. both partitions on SD card are set to PRIMARY right now and I had to change the value in the startup.txt to k1p2

Guest voyteckst

Just use official beta. We tested it and it simply works....

gooood! and opengl news?

thk devs

What opengl news You want? Maybe there will be performance increase, but it isn't priority now.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest n4m3less
What opengl news You want? Maybe there will be performance increase, but it isn't priority now.

what problems there are with openGL? is a large increase in graphics performance! and to work Android 2.3 need OpenGL :mellow:

Edited by n4m3less

Guest nikkotsoi
what problems there are with openGL? is a large increase in graphics performance! and to work Android 2.3 need OpenGL :o

someone is working on the opengl for i5700

maybe our i8000 can use it ? :mellow:

Edited by nikkotsoi

Guest Agrajag

Hi.

Well, after one week with Android running satisfactorily good... I'm having a problem with market.

Periodically, the message 'The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' And the only option is 'Force Close'.

Ok. I forced and nothing else happens.

BUT, I can't download anything from Market.

The message 'Downloads is starting' appears, but the download never starts.

And the icon on the notification bar don't appears too.

I did all that I could do. Clean cache and uninstall updates, but the problem remains.

If someone have a fix for this.

[EDIT]

I given up.

Well, I did a fresh install, but now in My Storage.

I lost everything I had, but I can install again. For now, Android is much better.

I guess I should have done this earlier.

Edited by Agrajag

Guest voyteckst
i try but not work

It can be used (also maybe in the futre), but for now it's rather useless, because not ended and because of problems with memory bandwitch.

Guest jimmad
It can be used (also maybe in the futre), but for now it's rather useless, because not ended and because of problems with memory bandwitch.

by this i assume that you mean the devs are planning to release a nand rom

which will solve the problem with the ram that winmo are ''stealing" running for the drivers

Edited by jimmad

Guest urkopi

12:07 Changeset [157] by bs

Light, magnetic and proximity sensors added.

Working this three sensor with the new kernel?

Regards!

Guest ASIDER
12:07 Changeset [157] by bs

Light, magnetic and proximity sensors added.

Working this three sensor with the new kernel?

Regards!

sure :unsure: :) :P ;) thanks

Guest voyteckst
by this i assume that you mean the devs are planning to release a nand rom

which will solve the problem with the ram that winmo are ''stealing" running for the drivers

Running with nand would'nt solve ram problem. Search this thread, I already wrote what uses how much ram (phone, g3d etc.).

Guest skunk 01
Running with nand would'nt solve ram problem. Search this thread, I already wrote what uses how much ram (phone, g3d etc.).

The last issue to solve it's about the battery drain , and finally will become ready for daily use.

Edited by skunk 01

Guest urkopi
The last issue to solve it's about the battery drain , and finally will become ready for daily use.

And the bluethoot?

Regards!

Guest radie

hi guys,

have you guys fix the clock on status bar and widgets? it doesnt seem to update. is there any update fix for it?

thanks

Guest ashburn
hi guys,

have you guys fix the clock on status bar and widgets? it doesnt seem to update. is there any update fix for it?

thanks

Well, one thing that i notice. When the battery goes to 98 - 99% then the status bar clock updates. It will maintain that way when it's fully charged.

Guest quato7906
hi guys,

thanks

Hi,HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

1.Put the time Region in Windows Mobile to London GMT;

2.Set your time in Windows ;

3.Run Android and set your time,you will notice thet time works correctly then

Also I notice that after doing this GTalk detects correct time settings and logs in,and therefore MARKET Also works always,downloads & installs apps!!!.

Test it!

Regards,Ekremsky

Edited by quato7906

Guest radie

i have another problem. when trying to connect wifi to a wep secure connection, it wont connect. it kept disconnecting. no security and wifi works. any idea?