Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest erikcas
Updatings aren't present! All working out is stopped?

If you insist to see the updates, change the amount of days of history in the box right, just below the top of the screen.

If that makes you feel comfortable..... :D

Edited by erikcas

Hi, haven't tried skype yet because it is known issue that Skype works pretty well on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) but does not on 2.2 (FROYO).

Well... on my brother's phone it works without problem, he have an lg gt540 with android 2.1, so it should be work with froyo...

Guest sambosat

Anyone can direct me to dual boot program. I found the Gen.Y DualBOOT but when I installed it it says no android present. Do we have to install it first then install android or what?

Guest superdupersianz
Anyone can direct me to dual boot program. I found the Gen.Y DualBOOT but when I installed it it says no android present. Do we have to install it first then install android or what?

You will have to place the files to the correct destination in order for Gen Y Dual Boot to be detected.

DUAL BOOT WIN-MO AND ANDROID ON OMNIA 2

1. Get Gen.Y DualBOOT from megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRPO9CC7)

2. Only use "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card.cab" and delete other cabs.

3. Install cab on "Device Storage" (otherwise doesn't work)

4. Copy/move Haret.exe ,default.txt, zimage to root of SD card.

Guest sambosat
Unmount SD card in "setting - Sd card & phone storage - Unmount SD card"

install

Mount SD card in "setting - Sd card & phone storage - Mount SD card"

Hi can you unmount and install while the file is on the SD card itself. How can we go about that

THanks

also how can I use the phones internal memory please

Edited by sambosat

Guest sambosat
You will have to place the files to the correct destination in order for Gen Y Dual Boot to be detected.

DUAL BOOT WIN-MO AND ANDROID ON OMNIA 2

1. Get Gen.Y DualBOOT from megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRPO9CC7)

2. Only use "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card.cab" and delete other cabs.

3. Install cab on "Device Storage" (otherwise doesn't work)

4. Copy/move Haret.exe ,default.txt, zimage to root of SD card.

Thanks for the info and the help

Guest osmington

its gone very quiet lol, maybe something will happen soon ?

what do you guys think ?

anyway, i'm still enjoying the current build, very stable.

Guest andylau

what do you guys think ?

too quiet,i dont think so,but i'll keep waiting and suporting for the devs

Guest bu11d0g

Wish the dev team was more communicative lol

If u're not working on something and u're taking a break or something, just let us know and we'll (at least i will) stop annoying u!

If u are working on something, let us know from time to time what it is so we don't keep asking :D

Guest sahcan

dear guys

Normaly i am useing 2-3 days my phone with winmo. but with froyo max. 12 hours this is so BÄ°G PROBLEM. other stabilty and etc okey.

Guest ilmigliore

How many are waiting for a version that allows genuine Froyo everyday phone.

But for several days now I see that action on the forums were down, the page is still developing and there are even minimal changes, and it seems that developers have stopped or otherwise no longer have a great desire to complete the project.

I would not want their initial enthusiasm has been arrested as soon as they saw a version that went pretty well ... in short, consider their challenge won by Froyo operating at 70%

Is a real shame if they could bring to complete the project would not only the gratitude of a few thousand people (like me maybe you would be willing to donate some € for gratitude) but may also present itself as developers for the same manufacturers like Samsung .

I hope you make a further effort to correct the final bugs in the OS (longer battery life, camera, direct calls, etc..) finally to receive the thanks due from all over the forum.

Thanks

Edited by ilmigliore

Guest Sinistersky

what do you guys think ?

it is indeed very quiet :D i hope the devs are taking a break instead of working... :D

Guest n4m3less
ext4 without journal,you can have a try by insteading sd.cpio.gz in o2beta with file below

not work! return error "internal flash not mount mmcblk0p5"

i have create 2 primary partition in my storage, one in fat32 and one in ext4. why not work your sd.cpio.gz?

Guest shoarmabakpao

I think the dev's want to surprise us but hey, let them rest :D

They have done alot already on making a stable port on our Omnia 2!

They have also learned new things I think so mabey if they like they could be asked for a high post on coding as seen their level of skill :D

Guest osmington

just adding a little something, i have no idea if it is related to our android or not.

as you guys know, windows has had its problems for us with omnia 2, so the end result will be a victory by the dev team i have no doubts.

when running my phone with windows i have recently been having another problem in that the phone will give me emergency calls only.

i spoke with my phone provider (vodafone UK) about this. after a long time their solution is that my simcard is the problem right now.

they are sending me a new one so i will use it and see if it makes my phone more stable.

will it have any improvement on android ? sometimes talk, mail and market etc. crash which is a bit inconvenient lol but bearable, then when i re-boot to windows i have the above problem.

i know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone have any similar experiences ?

i will continue to use android as much as possible anyway, i like how far the team has come with it and am happy enough. :D

Guest Bogeyman13
hi..

does anyone manage to solve unmounted sd card problem?

i follow instruction from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in.../t-1040025.html

replace the 2 files but still my sd card not detected in froyo

i install using auto install in sd card

please share your solution guys..thanks alot

When installing use 2D/3D libraries on this site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

Use the one that includes SD card fix.

Guest Bogeyman13

I'm having some trouble with Sygic Aura on Froyo. Textures on buildings (landmarks), ground and sky are not displayed. I tried v2.1.3 and v3.0. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by Bogeyman13

Guest lol = ^_^
I'm having some trouble with Sygic Aura on Froyo. Textures on buildings (landmarks), ground and sky are not displayed. I tried v2.1.3 and v3.0. Does anyone else have the same problem?

With the 3d drivers we have now, yes.. That's normal..

Guest Sinistersky

why do you guys keep wondering when things dont work...lol...nothing works properly on this froyo build, that's why it's beta... :D

Guest elbee72
IS there any hope that this will be able to worc on SCH-i920?

there is a thread dedicated to this, but we lack i920 owners who have linux/computer skills and some time to test experimental builds. This way the small diffs to i8000 can be found and corrected, so basic functions will work (except cdma phone part, that's the next phase). Also suggested to collect donations to buy devs a 2nd hand i920 so they can apdapt/test themselfes, but no reactions so far. i920 can come to android if the i920 community becomes more involved (like b7610 and i8000 community).

Guest llaa51

I want to remap the back button to the winmo hangup button and the lock/power button to the winmo hangup button, and also to remove any button config on the winmo camera button (keeps crashing when I accidentally press it) I tried following the keymapping below:

Keycodes/Button:

key 158 - Camera button

key 139- Middle button

key 217 - WinMo Back button, near the Camera button

key 231 - Call button

key 115 - Volume Up button

key 114 - Volume Down button

key 116 - Lock and Hangup button

The Functions you can use to map to the keys:

BACK - Back function

MENU - Menu function

SEARCH - Search

HOME - Home function

CALL - Start a call function

VOLUME_UP - Volume up

VOLUME_DOWN - Volume down

POWER - Lock/Screen off function

CAMERA - Start the Camera

Unfortunately, when I restart android, the keymapping doesn't change and worse yet, if I lock the phone, it does not wake up no matter what I do. So, can I know the new keymapping pls (if any) or if it's still that, can I know how I should map it or what I'm doing wrong?