Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest TheThingx

Are the developers ok? i'm worried, no tweets, no TRAC updates/changes. forget the project a little, is everything ok?

My best wishes.

Edited by TheThingx

Guest cuboc

andoid already tried this, but growth has still lag, there is no any phone with these features on which to make a clone of andoid for omnia, or create something he can install directly kind firmware?

sorry english "google translator"

Guest PuCiNhOOO
Hello every body i just wana post our kernel with netfilter and iptables enabled

it is a litte heavy but it works ;)

i just wana thanks voyteckst for his help :P

Is this safe to install?

What difference does this make?

thanks

Guest Sinistersky
Hello every body i just wana post our kernel with netfilter and iptables enabled

it is a litte heavy but it works ;)

i just wana thanks voyteckst for his help :P

waht does this do ?

Guest r_mangler

Hi folks,

This is my first post in this section ... However, I've been following this great community for WinMo and now Android.

Just wanted to share my experience.

After I tried the iso-install and the system felt slow I switched to the Ubuntu install on My Storage and everything is running nicely.

I barely have any SOD. Only wenn sleeping with WiFi in use or a program running that requires a lot of CPU. So far so good.

The clock sync issue I tackle with Time Sync since GMT+1 is not an option for me (still using WinMo on a regular basis, since this Froyo release doesn't support FM Radio)

Battery lasts a day or two, depends on how many levels of Angry Birds I am doing. I installed SetCPU but didn't see any major improvement.

With GPS the battery lasts even longer than under WinMo, also sat fix is quicker. I am using Locus with offline biking maps for 3-4 hours and still have plenty of battery left.

But as soon as WiFi is running or 3G battery is sucked emty in no time ..

Now I am anxiously waiting for a new release of Froyo with FM Radio enabled ;)

Then I wouldn't have to switch back to WinMo anymore.

Other things that I miss is the USB connection with Windows (or I am doing something wrong?) - Ubuntu works.

Keep up the great work,

Rudi

Guest manyooeric

Hi guys!

1st of all i'm very happy with the great work here! thank you so much.

I've tried Android 2.1 (Eclair) and it's pretty good except camera not running.

So I tried Froyo yesterday and I'm unable to boot Froyo. Anyone else facing same problem?

I stuck at the 2nd reboot after installation with the message "### request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at ##### (Date time UTC) ,,,,,,,

please guide me what I need to do.

Guest manyooeric
Hi guys!

1st of all i'm very happy with the great work here! thank you so much.

I've tried Android 2.1 (Eclair) and it's pretty good except camera not running.

So I tried Froyo yesterday and I'm unable to boot Froyo. Anyone else facing same problem?

I stuck at the 2nd reboot after installation with the message "### request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at ##### (Date time UTC) ,,,,,,,

please guide me what I need to do.

Oh sorry for asking the same question I just saw it in post 345onwards..

I already did that. Before running the installation file Froyo, i already placed o2b3update.tar.gz file in root Storage as stated in the installation guide.

Installed > reboot > run Haret again and the msg "suspend state" just keep popping out non stop.

Advise guys?

Edited by manyooeric

Guest sambosat
Oh sorry for asking the same question I just saw it in post 345onwards..

I already did that. Before running the installation file Froyo, i already placed o2b3update.tar.gz file in root Storage as stated in the installation guide.

Installed > reboot > run Haret again and the msg "suspend state" just keep popping out non stop.

Advise guys?

What Micro SD card you are using. I had this problem with an 8GB SD but when switched to 4Gb the problem was gone. Not sure if that will fix your problem

Guest Sinistersky
Yes.

please please please focus on the wifi and 3g battery hog problem...please ;) i bet if you solve this first you'll have peace while developing all other things...cuz this huge battery hog by 3g is the only thing standing from this OS being a full daily usage OS with data enabled :P

Guest sambosat
please please please focus on the wifi and 3g battery hog problem...please ;) i bet if you solve this first you'll have peace while developing all other things...cuz this huge battery hog by 3g is the only thing standing from this OS being a full daily usage OS with data enabled :P

+1

Guest alexovy

even with only 2G active, the battery doesn't last longer then 2 days, so I don't think 3G is the big consumption here.

Even if you disable data...you won't get more then 2 days.

Guest urkopi
even with only 2G active, the battery doesn't last longer then 2 days, so I don't think 3G is the big consumption here.

+1

Guest voyteckst

Like on most android phones...

Guest nachoijs

2 days is a lot!!!!

i think most of the people is asking for a better battery life with wifi/3g on is having at most 5 hours... which is not suitable for a daily use...,

am i wrong??

waiting for news, i want to be grateful to voyteckst and all the dev team!!

regards,

nachoijs

Like on most android phones...

Guest Sinistersky

running droid for the last 3 days with no data ;) got 35 % left... and 3g is big consumption...as soon as i turn it on i get from 100% till 0% in about 5 hours...

Guest Sinistersky
2 days is a lot!!!!

i think most of the people is asking for a better battery life with wifi/3g on is having at most 5 hours... which is not suitable for a daily use...,

am i wrong??

waiting for news, i want to be grateful to voyteckst and all the dev team!!

regards,

nachoijs

yup, youre right...i can't get more than 6 hours of 3g...and i need data sometimes bad...but when i see a 5% drop in a minute, i'm like ... this is bullshit ;)