Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest koko5800
* create fat and ext2 partitions on sd card (with partitionmgr from windows or linux)

* copy untar ext2.tar.gz to ext2 part (from linux)

* copy zImage, haret.exe and default.txt to fat part

* edit default.txt to point to right (ext) part on sd card

there is no guide for this yet, because most people have MyStorage.

i formated my 16gb sd card to 14gb fat and 2gb ext2 and i did what you say and i copied the ext2.tar.gz from linux then run haret but it didn't work

is this the only steps ?

For anyone who wants to connect phone to PC via USB:

1. Download and install New PC Studio. I've dowloaded it from here: http://www.samsungmobile.com.hr/supports/s...areNpsUpdate.do

It's a 1.4.0.IL2 version. It will install USB driver.

2. For accessing your phone (installing apks, file management etc.) I recommend QtADB with libs:

If your phone don't get recognized after connecting to PC, disconnect it and go to Setting->Applications->Development and then disable and again enable USB debugging. Then reconnect to PC.

DroidExplorer with lastest google usb drivers (android sdk) also works.

Guest elbee72
i formated my 16gb sd card to 14gb fat and 2gb ext2 and i did what you say and i copied the ext2.tar.gz from linux then run haret but it didn't work

is this the only steps ?

Use tar xvzf ext2.tar.gz or GUI to extract files to root of ext2 fs.

When fat is 1st and ext2 is 2nd part you can use default.txt from release zip (not file from o2beta dir).

Have you tried it? Does it work?

just tried this. works really well. install pdanet first to get the driver. then connect your phone. use the sdk to install apps. just finish installing 4 apps. :lol:

Guest aposhtol
just tried this. works really well. install pdanet first to get the driver. then connect your phone. use the sdk to install apps. just finish installing 4 apps. :lol:

OK. I tried this, but on Win7 x64 it's a no go. What version of Windows do you use?

Guest aposhtol
im using xp. ill try this on my other pc win 7 64. will let you know

OK. But I think now that installing only DroidExplorer is the fastest and easiest way for the ppl for connecting and managing the phone from PC via USB.

All was working fine but I now get the setup screen after every boot. Choosing skip seems to leave the details I had previously so nothing is wiped. Boot seems to take longer than it used to.

Have logged as an issue.

Guest speedfrog

very good job devs! :lol:

but i have a problem with angry birds:

post-608080-1295653517_thumb.jpg

i moved the 2d/3d drivers into my storage before installing android, bobhero also did this.

very good job devs! :lol:

but i have a problem with angry birds:

post-608080-1295653517_thumb.jpg

i moved the 2d/3d drivers into my storage before installing android, bobhero also did this.

Try the 1.3.5 version linked in this forum. Works much better. Still smalll graphical issues but MUCH faster.

Edited by Pete B

Guest speedfrog
Try the 1.3.5 version linked in this forum. Works much better. Still smalll graphical issues but MUCH faster.

i found angry birds 1.3.5 here

and when charing the phone it gets warm.

Guest Doombringer

is this the only steps ?

I have modified sd.cpio.gz for installing directly from sd card.

I dont know if it works because I have "my storage" and a ext2 part in my sd card. try at your own risk, it may cause damage ( not likely ) or you may need to recreate your partition table ( more likely ), but I think it should work just as expected because I only changed mounted partitions, and some minor changes to keep log info while changes are made to sd card.

I did not wrote the install script, it is originally almar and his teams. All credit should go to them.

how to apply:

open beta package to your storage card.

there should be a directory named o2beta. in that directory, overwrite old sd.cpio.gz with new one. run haret.exe in o2beta directory. it should install android in to your omnia 2. after that you can run android from storage card ( not in o2beta ) haret.exe.

how to help:

if you are willing to help, open default.txt in storage card\o2beta\ and change panic 30 to panic 120 ( it means second ). If install fails, you will see "will restart in 120 seconds.". in that 2 minutes, write down the last 10 lines ( or more if you can, less if you cant ) and post them so I can try to fix the cause of unexpected end of install.

know problems: this fix makes install from sd card possible, but updating still only works from my storage. I will look into it, but in the mean time you have to install update manually.

sd.cpio.gz

Guest takeuchie

Just tested the beta (with new Zimage + 3D patch) and its great for a beta..big thanks to the dev team..u guys rocks..

Having problem when calling..it seems like when i put the phone to my ear, the sensor will turn off the screen (which is great)

but it also goes to DEEP SLEEP making the speaker and microphone turns off. ive tested this a few times..

Calling with speakers works btw as long as the phone doesnt sleep.

** Hope the DEV team wouldnt mind looking at this issues as priority because this is the most important basic function for all of us.. :lol:

- Battery life is looking good. (2% decrease for an hour of standby)

Using wifi + downloading from the market will decrease the battery fast which i think normal and it is beta anyway..

Guest lamducthien
I have modified sd.cpio.gz for installing directly from sd card.

I dont know if it works because I have "my storage" and a ext2 part in my sd card. try at your own risk, it may cause damage ( not likely ) or you may need to recreate your partition table ( more likely ), but I think it should work just as expected because I only changed mounted partitions, and some minor changes to keep log info while changes are made to sd card.

I did not wrote the install script, it is originally almar and his teams. All credit should go to them.

how to apply:

open beta package to your storage card.

there should be a directory named o2beta. in that directory, overwrite old sd.cpio.gz with new one. run haret.exe in o2beta directory. it should install android in to your omnia 2. after that you can run android from storage card ( not in o2beta ) haret.exe.

how to help:

if you are willing to help, open default.txt in storage card\o2beta\ and change panic 30 to panic 120 ( it means second ). If install fails, you will see "will restart in 120 seconds.". in that 2 minutes, write down the last 10 lines ( or more if you can, less if you cant ) and post them so I can try to fix the cause of unexpected end of install.

know problems: this fix makes install from sd card possible, but updating still only works from my storage. I will look into it, but in the mean time you have to install update manually.

may I format Sd card to ext2, I don't understand ext2. please explan me from the beginner? I have a 2gb sdcard, it is free. I need to do? Please help me step by step