Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest fakhzanis

1stly thaks to developers for your hardwork. i just want to know, is that the final n stable version will be released?i hope so.i dont mind if i need to wait.just to make sure.and in my opinion,i think the eclaire ver is more stable than the froyo one.why we not proceed to publish the eclaire stable version?thank u.

Guest longsin

1stly thaks to developers for your hardwork. i just want to know, is that the final n stable version will be released?i hope so.i dont mind if i need to wait.just to make sure.and in my opinion,i think the eclaire ver is more stable than the froyo one.why we not proceed to publish the eclaire stable version?thank u.

patience wait, dont interrupt devs

Guest voyteckst

I think froyo is stable now. Problems were mostly matter of kernel. We have to do sensors in it now.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest superdupersianz

By any chance will there be an increase of RAM memory for upcoming beta? Current memory was really limited and I always get less than 50 mb. It would be best if we can have more RAM i think.

Edited by superdupersianz

Guest thanh_nha0706

By any chance will there be an increase of RAM memory for upcoming beta? Current memory was really limited and I always get less than 50 mb. It would be best if we can have more RAM i think.

I do agree with you :)

Guest mccmjoon76

Why should you want to hard reset the rom?

If WM boots fine, and from WM you can boot the kernel with haret (do you see the text output when you start haret?) then there is nothing wrong with your rom. Think it has to do more with your partition settings, maybe play with the settings in default.txt (or is it startup.txt) in the haret.exe dir.

Thanks for the tips rolleyes.gif

Been busy with my HD2 Android build lately ..

Will try the solution .. thx man smile.gif

Guest thanh_nha0706

Will be increased the speed of wifi in the new version of froyo? Thanks for al work

I find the speed of wifi in Froyo Beta 1 is ok. It downloads softwares in Android Market smoothly and quickly.

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest voyteckst

I find the speed of wifi in Froyo Beta 1 is ok. It downloads softwares in Android Market smoothly and quickly.

Wifi speed is fine and it connects immediately.

Guest PuCiNhOOO

That is nice :) nad what about the sensors? are they working better? you said that you will make new code for the new kernel :) are they better?

If my thinking is right, it means that we won't need call light animore =) is that right?

Guest mihai_mihai

i put my phone on sale.... hope that the next release will make me change my mind, and ty for your patient with us and stupid questions

htc hd2 has a sh price of 250-280 euro because of android capability, i8000 125-150 euro, and i think a lot of i8000 user will keep using it if android will be available in daily usage(omnia 2 is one of the few smartphones i had with such a big battery lifetime)

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest jasperdj

You must keep in mind, windows mobile is forced to run slow. And save as much power as possible, thats why apps run so $%&*$ slow.

Using a stable android, will be higher performance and lower battery life.

By any chance will there be an increase of RAM memory for upcoming beta? Current memory was really limited and I always get less than 50mb. It would be best if we can have more RAM i think.

Our Omnia II is well known for it's RAM issues, even running Windows Mobile, it's not Android nor our beta's fault

Unfortunately there are only a few things we can do to improve RAM right now, like downloading some aplication that manages RAM

I use and suggest AutoKiller Memory Optimizer (with agressive preset I get ~70mb after boot)

Also, try using less widgets so you get more free RAM

Overall the system runs much smoother :)

I hope it helps

Edited by Leeds

Guest superdupersianz

Our Omnia II is well known for it's RAM issues, even running Windows Mobile, it's not Android nor our beta's fault

Unfortunately there are only a few things we can do to improve RAM right now, like downloading some aplication that manages RAM

I use and suggest AutoKiller Memory Optimizer (with agressive preset I get ~70mb after boot)

Also, try using less widgets so you get more free RAM

Overall the system runs much smoother :)

I hope it helps

Yeah, I'm already using this app to deal with RAM usage. But like what you have said, 70mb is after reboot, and after that it will go down to 50+ mb, which i think is relatively low and makes the phone laggy.

I will try using less widgets next. But hopefully there is some improvements in the upcoming beta.

Guest voyteckst

That is nice :) nad what about the sensors? are they working better? you said that you will make new code for the new kernel :) are they better?

If my thinking is right, it means that we won't need call light animore =) is that right?

CalLight isn't needed anymore. It was kernel matter. Sensors are working but not all yet.

Guest lzq55555

CalLight isn't needed anymore. It was kernel matter. Sensors are working but not all yet.

good,Look forward to the new release, thank you for your efforts, I like you

Every time I play around with Android, I realize how much I do need Android running on my O2 24/7

It´s so good to hear you making big success with the Beta2. So I´m going to wait patiently until you will release it.

You are real heroes to me!

Thanks for all your great work

Guest acsel10

Hi guys

i thank every dev member for a very good work about Android porting for the O2. I ask for one feature that for me don't work, GPS component. i've followed the solution about the un-comment of elines in /etc/gps.conf but my phone cant fix the satellites. I test the GPS feature with GPSfix app, and nothing.

I ask if there is any other solution or if i have to do something of different.

i look with confidence for the new realese. Thanks guys !

Guest voyteckst

Hi guys

i thank every dev member for a very good work about Android porting for the O2. I ask for one feature that for me don't work, GPS component. i've followed the solution about the un-comment of elines in /etc/gps.conf but my phone cant fix the satellites. I test the GPS feature with GPSfix app, and nothing.

I ask if there is any other solution or if i have to do something of different.

i look with confidence for the new realese. Thanks guys !

GPS 'catch' fix within seconds.