Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

mosci

How 2D/3D can be compared with CPU? :lol:

ah ok ... so it was not for 2D/3D improvement ?!

:)

CPU-Benchmark crashes on Quadrant while h.264 test.

i have no apps installed ... so i can not realy say if they open/work faster or not

for me it seems to be the same ... while open filemanager and so on.

but them dont need so much cpu-power :)

but as you can see ... the 2d/3d is going a little bit down after applying.

Guest aposhtol
Hmm.. All goes fast over 10 minutes and then all going slow... Maybe it happenes after sleep.. Not sure for now.

Maybe it's melting SOC after 10 min :lol: Anyhow, general performance is much improved and also 3D performance mesured with Quadrant. Thanks for this !

Guest redzone321
ah ok ... so it was not for 2D/3D improvement ?!

:)

CPU-Benchmark crashes on Quadrant while h.264 test.

i have no apps installed ... so i can not realy say if they open/work faster or not

for me it seems to be the same ... while open filemanager and so on.

but them dont need so much cpu-power :lol:

but as you can see ... the 2d/3d is going a little bit down after applying.

41 is about what i got before so it may just be a benchmarking error.

i have installed all update sint his thread and runn off 2 GB sandisk Microsd card.

Edited by redzone321

Guest redzone321
Maybe it's melting SOC after 10 min :lol: Anyhow, general performance is much improved and also 3D performance mesured with Quadrant. Thanks for this !

angry birds is faster .

but i agree there's still a bug with sleep that degrades performance.

41 is about what i got before so it may just be a benchmarking error.

or another difference between I8000 amd B6710

i get 37-40 before also ... up to 54 after the first update (today) .. and a little less after the second update ..

ofcause it can be a benchmark-tolerance ;-)

edit:

must be tolerance ... now i have 2d 75 / 3d 54 :lol:

Edited by mosci

Guest redzone321
performance drop also here

only if you let the phone sleep?

i notice if i don't let it sleep performance is good but if i let it sleep something happends.

Boys how these patches fill? just unzip to the root of an android, or the first decompress only those files and then throw in the root folder? and one more question. The first patch with 2D/3D wood should be removed, or you can just install the new?

sorry for my bad English

Guest bobhero

Has anyone used a keyboard with a voice to text button?

I tried the HTC version at (rls, 27, hi-res, non-froyo version) from XDA, but when I selected it as the keyboard, it would never pop up on text fields. I think it may have also scewed up my install, because android stopped booting 1-2 power cycles after.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Guest aposhtol
only if you let the phone sleep?

i notice if i don't let it sleep performance is good but if i let it sleep something happends.

I agree. After initial boot 2D/3D performance measured with Quadrant is better than that before applying "Gruven's" libs, but after waking from first sleep mode (screen off) performance measured with Quadrant is even worse than that before applying libs. Nonetheless, playing Angry Birds even after sleep gives me subjective impression of better performance than ever before.

Guest kr3at0r88

Hello,

I have been testing for a some time this beta and I am very pleased, but there are some bugs that need to be worked out.

So, THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEVELOPERS. This is the only way I can help you.

Bugs:

1. One bug I found and I think it is very important to be fixed:

When you call or receive a call if you let the phone's screen to turn off the phone enters sleep mode and all everything is stopped.

But it you don't let the phone's screen to enter sleep mode you can talk as long as you want.

I think this is because the processor goes into idle when entering sleep mode.(It's just a thaught)

2. Another one is related to wifi management. It happened twice so i'll tell about it.

"Wifi unable to start" but a quick reboot made it start :lol:

3. the times runs as if it has a mind of it's own =)) (I have no ideea whats wrong here)

I suggest an application: clock sync.

Good things about this beta release:

1. After I updated it with the 2d/3d drivers and the new zImage I found it to be very stable... I actualy mananged to use it an entire day(of course charging the phone from time to time)

2. I personalised it with many application from the market place all working well.

Thank you again developers for your hard work. I will continue to search for issues (if there are any! :))

Anyone please be free to ask me about my experiece with the beta release.

ps. i just found the new 2d/3d drivers which should make things even smoother. i will try them and come back with an opinion.

Edited by kr3at0r88

Guest Ignacio Lopez
Hello,

I have been testing for a some time this beta and I am very pleased, but there are some bugs that need to be worked out.

So, THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEVELOPERS. This is the only way I can help you.

Bugs:

1. One bug I found and I think it is very important to be fixed:

When you call or receive a call if you let the phone's screen to turn off the phone enters sleep mode and all everything is stopped.

But it you don't let the phone's screen to enter sleep mode you can talk as long as you want.

I think this is because the processor goes into idle when entering sleep mode.(It's just a thaught)

I have the same problem, i can´t talk more than 20-30 seconds. Other bug that i have found it´s that the alarm clock doesn´t work when the phone is in sleep mode.

Excuse me for my english.

Edited by Ignacio Lopez

48 pages and counting... can someone summarize all into one page? i am just being lazy to keep reading them.

but great work guys.. the dev for putting out the beta and the rest for suggestion of apps, drivers, droid explorers, etc.. it will really be good to get all the updated information at a single page though...

hope to see more update from the dev soon... get the CPU to optimize, 3G to to work.. the list goes on.