Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest emptyara
You need to remove all the partitions from the SD card and format it as one partition (FAT or FAT32).

Then you format the my storage (don't delete partition, just format) and copy the beta to my storage.

Next, you launch haret.exe from my storage 'O2beta' folder.

If it does not install, delete the partitions again and try to format from winmo.

After installing from O2beta/haret.exe, launch the haret.exe from the root of my storage.

i guess this method using to run android from SD rite??

i want it to run completely from My Storage.. I did all the step taken from previous post by other member here..

currently the problem am facing is when i trying to compress Ext2.tar.gz from My Storage through Ubuntu..

an error "permission denied" comes out when I entered "cd /media/disk/" these command..

just for info, my storage partition is set to single partition of FAT32 format.. I manage to run android from SD using method from dev. site..

Guest emptyara

Ok quick question on booting android completely from My Storage... Do i need to compile all the update in ext2.tar.gz? of just leave it n copy to /My Storage

if it is yes... this is all the part that i need zImage, haret.exe, default.txt, o2beta folder, ext2.tar.gz, o2update.tar.gz -is it correct??

but, what about other o2update.tar.gz file? since couples of update posted here..

Edited by emptyara

Guest capitancabernet
MOOD: my 3rd day trying to make android working from My Storage :lol:

I did run following the steps in post 769 page 39

the problem is the key that needs replacing, is this correct

CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 init=/init"[/b

sorry for my english

Greetings

I did run following the steps in post 769 page 39

the problem is the key that needs replacing, is this correct

CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 init=/init"[/b

sorry for my english

Greetings

Thanks for it. :lol: But it is still not working on my Omnia 2. New error for me. 'Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.'

Guest carlospaco
format the card there..it must be showing unknown partition....just format the whole card..it will be ok

Hello i am newbie here. I want it to format like that, i have us "New Volume- Fat-64KB-fast format" is that ok.

And i don't need to format it in my samsung, is that right.

Thanks

Guest ritchietos

if u have the same problem i had my call stops after 10 sec and device go to sleep if found a tool on marketplace (call light) it solves this problem for 100 %

iam running android on my storage now from the day it came out 2 gb ext2 for android and 6gb fat32 for apps no crashes and freezes its running fast and angryfrog runs good

iam using powercontrol for batery it runs 2 days now on batery (disable gps !) and i call alot

i love my omnia 2 again its fast and responsive using adw btw home replacer its more stable then the standart menu .

thx dev for the work u have done !

Edited by ritchietos

Guest carlospaco
if u have a the same problem i have my call stops after 10 sec and device go to sleep if found a tool on marketplace (call light) it solves this problem for 100 %

iam running android on my storage now from the day it came out 2 gb ext2 for android and 6gb fat32 for apps no crashes and freezes its running fast and angryfrog runs good

iam using powercontrol for batery it runs 2 days now on batery (disable gps !) and i call alot

i love my omnia 2 again its fast and responive using adw btw home replacer its more stable then the standart menu .

Hello, where do you get this call light.

Please more info

Guest ritchietos
Hello, where do you get this call light.

Please more info

search call light on marketplace on android instal and activate its runs at the background and starts on startup also

if it is runing u see that if u call the display is on and stays on

Guest carlospaco
search call light on marketplace on android instal and activate its runs at the background and starts on startup also

if it is runing u see that if u call the display is on and stays on

Ok i will look for it, and do you also have the new zimage and the nw drivers install on you phone?

thanks for the info

Guest ritchietos
Ok i will look for it, and do you also have the new zimage and the nw drivers install on you phone?

thanks for the info

yes al up to date and i removed and disabled the sleep and lockscreen on windows mobile and cpu to auto in samsung settings

in android no animations (i use adw home ) and use the old market place the new one have connecting problems somtimes (go to app an unistal updates for marketplace)

Guest carlospaco
yes al up to date and i removed and disabled the sleep and lockscreen on windows mobile and cpu to auto in samsung settings

in android no animations (i use adw home ) and use the old market place the new one have connecting problems somtimes (go to app an unistal updates for marketplace)

Ok many thanks i will give it a try.

Greetings

Guest emptyara
if u have the same problem i had my call stops after 10 sec and device go to sleep if found a tool on marketplace (call light) it solves this problem for 100 %

i love my omnia 2 again its fast and responsive using adw btw home replacer its more stable then the standart menu .

i think i used the same method with u.. i used minitool partition home wizard to format My Storage.. i did as u did 2gb ext2 and 6gb fat32. but bit confused on what type of driver i shud choose for both? either have to choose primary or logical type? - i choose fat32 as primary n ext2 as logical.. is it correct?

then, I got this problem "permission denied" in Ubuntu after I put these command "cd /media/disk/" in order to compress those files in android partition which i believed that 2gb ext2 driver.. what is the problem here?

I have a question... in the project's page, in "Features under development" says this:

-Android 2.2 (Froyo) {sleep bug}

This means that the only one bug that Froyo has in this moment is the sleep bug?

Thanks

Guest ritchietos
i think i used the same method with u.. i used minitool partition home wizard to format My Storage.. i did as u did 2gb ext2 and 6gb fat32. but bit confused on what type of driver i shud choose for both? either have to choose primary or logical type? - i choose fat32 as primary n ext2 as logical.. is it correct?

then, I got this problem "permission denied" in Ubuntu after I put these command "cd /media/disk/" in order to compress those files in android partition which i believed that 2gb ext2 driver.. what is the problem here?

and u type su before u begin e fres command in terminal ?

Guest carlospaco

one question please, did you install benchmark driver V1.1 also and where?

Thanks

P.S. Call light solve the problem , many thanks.

Edited by carlospaco

Guest emptyara
and u type su before u begin e fres command in terminal ?

ok, this how i did. first i type this command "sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/" wait for while till it finish.

then, i type "cd /media/disk/" -but i get this error "bash: cd: /media/disk/: Permission denied"

what is the problem here..? i guess it is something related with my partition rite? seem not detect "disk" am i rite?

Guest ritchietos
Hi Ritchietos

Do you mind sharing the steps when you are partitioning the My Storage? Thanks! :lol:

iam using fedora (the same as ubuntu just difrent distro)

search for kde partition manager on the marketplace of ubuntu

search u storage and unmound (in kde part...) then delete all partitions ( warning u wont be able to hard reset u winmo anymore )

then ad partition fat 6gb and the name disk0 then ad partion 2gb ext2 or ext3 iam using ext2 for now and name it disk

then apply.

do not format it in samung it wil promt a popup dont format !!!!!!

go to a windows machine and plug in u se now disk0 6gb format it to fat32 and name disk0

then copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device(disk0) in windows or linux

then go to you linux machine again and open terminal and plugin your device

type in sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

it wil ask for a pasword and pres enter

type cd /media/disk/

type after the line sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

if u dont get pasword or no premision try su where e see sudo

edit u startup.txt an replace Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"

Edited by ritchietos

Guest ritchietos
ok, this how i did. first i type this command "sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/" wait for while till it finish.

then, i type "cd /media/disk/" -but i get this error "bash: cd: /media/disk/: Permission denied"

what is the problem here..? i guess it is something related with my partition rite? seem not detect "disk" am i rite?

did u type the disk or disk0 whit caps onn ???

Guest ritchietos
just one question, did you also put the new driver benchmark V 1.1

iam using v1.2 for 4 hours now no problems yet only faster for games

Edited by ritchietos

iam using fedora (the same as ubuntu just difrent distro)

search for kde partition manager on the marketplace of ubuntu

search u storage and unmound (in kde part...) then delete all partitions ( warning u wont be able to hard reset u winmo anymore )

then ad partition fat 6gb and the name disk0 then ad partion 2gb ext2 or ext3 iam using ext2 for now and name it disk

then apply.

do not format it in samung it wil promt a popup dont format !!!!!!

go to a windows machine and plug in u se now disk0 6gb format it to fat32 and name disk0

then copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in windows or linux

then go to you linux machine again and open terminal and plugin your device

type in sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

it wil ask for a pasword and pres enter

type cd /media/disk/

type after the line sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

if u dont get pasword or no premision try su where e see sudo

edit u startup.txt an replace Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init

Alright!! :lol:) Thank you very much!! I will try it out tomorrow, and post the result again!!

Guest carlospaco
iam using v1.1 for 8 hours now no problems yet only faster for games
Ok and you have put the file on my storage that's all? Than i have everything, i know. Now we hope they fix the gprs data and camera and we will have a f...cking nice omnia. :lol:

You all have done a very great job.Thanks

Guest emptyara
did u type the disk or disk0 whit caps onn ???

yes on cap on but only for DISK0.. if we type invalid path this is what we get "bash: cd: /media/disk/: No such file or directory"

btw, already tried to format in ext3, still cant get Ubuntu to access it..