Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest ritchietos
Ok and you have put the file on my storage that's all? Than i have everything, i know. Now we hope they fix the gprs data and camera and we will have a f...cking nice omnia. :lol:

You all have done a very great job.Thanks

yeps just be shure its the name o2bupdate.tar.gz

Guest ritchietos
yes on cap on but only for DISK0.. if we type invalid path this is what we get "bash: cd: /media/disk/: No such file or directory"

btw, already tried to format in ext3, still cant get Ubuntu to access it..

if u look in disk whit ubuntu did u see any content on it ? if yes how much mb ?

I am not able to see I8000 under Ubuntu virtual image. How should I8000 with Android running register under WinXP? Should I have WM running to access Android partition?

Guest ritchietos
I am not able to see I8000 under Ubuntu virtual image. How should I8000 with Android running register under WinXP? Should I have WM running to access Android partition?

i dont now that much of virtual machines iam using linux as main

dont use sync select my storage on samsung setings

i dont now that much of virtual machines iam using linux as main

dont use sync select my storage on samsung setings

So running WM, not Android, on I8000, right?

Guest ritchietos
So running WM, not Android, on I8000, right?

if u want to see u storage on ubuntu then yes run win mobile and select my storage on samsung setting or if u have android on sd running use sd card on samsung setings.

Edited by ritchietos

Guest emptyara
thanks for your guide. i did everything and i get an error when running haret.exe saying kernel panic - not sycing. no init found.

i guess the cmdline is not correct or im not sure.

EDIT: i figured it out. the cmdline is CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 init=/init"

if u look in disk whit ubuntu did u see any content on it ? if yes how much mb ?

i saw a folder named "lost+found" (with cross-x on the file image)

i cant check the folder size in properties btw..

Guest ritchietos
i saw a folder named "lost+found" (with cross-x on the file image)

i cant check the folder size in properties btw..

the folder whit lost found is there nothing else ? not in the folder on the root

Guest emptyara
the folder whit lost found is there nothing else ? not in the folder on the root

no other files or folder.. just for info, is it normal error (folder or content cannot be displayed : you do not have permission necessary to access the content" if i double click "lost+found" folder

this really attract my attention since i got error regarding "permission denied" while to compress the files in Ubuntu..

edited:

i used minitool partition wizard home edition, format in ext2 (primary type)- even try with ext3 once, and fat32 (primary type)

Edited by emptyara

Guest ritchietos
no other files or folder.. just for info, is it normal error (folder or content cannot be displayed : you do not have permission necessary to access the content" if i double click "lost+found" folder

this really attract my attention since i got error regarding "permission denied" while to compress the files in Ubuntu..

edited:

i used minitool partition wizard home edition, format in ext2 (primary type), and fat32 (primary type)

did u put the all the content of the beta1024 on the disk0 ??? not the folder but the content thats in the folder like haret must be disk0/haret.exe on this place all the content on the root of disk0

and then run the terminal again

and if u look back on the disk u see there wil be more then 1 content

andoid is on that partition

Guest emptyara
OK,here is what I did:

1.Install VMWare Player

2.Download UBUNTU 32 bit version from here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

3.Install Ubuntu

4.Download & install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

5.Take your phone ,go to Samsung Settings USB settings and set USB Connection to My Storage

6.Back up your My Storage to Storage Card (or you will loose all data there)

7.Connect the phone to the PC-> it will connect like mass storage device

8.Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,select the Storage device Samsung and delete the partition->then click create and create 1020 Mb(in my case of 2 GB Internal Storage) FAT 32 partition(give it a name like disk0 without space),there will be left about 1 GB unallocated storage->select right button,click create partition format EXT2 with a name like disk and select APPLY!->your My Storage will be formatted!!!you will see only 1 GB Storage device in My Computer in Windows.

9.Copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in Windows! ,not the folder,the content with Android files: ext2.targz default.txt zImage o2beta folder Haret.exe and o2bupdate.tar.gz

10.Disconnect phone & launch VMWare Player and run UBUNTU.

11.connect the phone, it will be recognized like android storage device.

12.In the Ubuntu go to Applications-Accessories run Terminal,--> write down this:

sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/ and wait untill finishes

after that write:

cd /media/disk/ tehre will be a line like : cd /media/disk$

you must write down this after this line:

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

And you go,all the content of ext2.tar.gz will be extracted to disk (in this case Android partition) -> at the end of extraction unplug the phone from PC

13.Turn of the VMWare Plater & Ubuntu, plug the USB with the phone to PC again and edit the line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"[/b and save it

14.Unplug phone -> and run Haret exe from the root of My Storage not from inside o2beta folder

And you are ready to test :lol:

sorry I dont have time post guide with pictures because haven't much time may be someone can make it but it is already posted youtube video how is done here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...8000/page/700/#

Regards & thanks to the developres provided this great work to all us!

Ekremsky

thanks for your guide. i did everything and i get an error when running haret.exe saying kernel panic - not sycing. no init found.

i guess the cmdline is not correct or im not sure.

EDIT: i figured it out. the cmdline is CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 init=/init"

ok.. i got the "bash: cd: /media/disk/: Permission denied" problem when trying to compress files in android partition (after put down these command- cd /media/disk/)

why its happen?

Guest emptyara
did u put the all the content of the beta1024 on the disk0 ??? not the folder but the content thats in the folder like haret must be disk0/haret.exe on this place all the content on the root of disk0

and then run the terminal again

and if u look back on the disk u see there wil be more then 1 content

andoid is on that partition

yes i did.. this is all the contents in disk0:

o2beta folder, default, ext.tar, haret, o2bupdate(2).tar, o2bupdate.tar, zImage

all those files (disk0) i can see in Ubuntu, but not "disk"

wait, android partition?? how it can happen bcoz i am still not even able to compress on disk..i believe i mention my problem is to compress the files into it, rite?

Edited by emptyara

Guest ritchietos
ok.. i got the "bash: cd: /media/disk/: Permission denied" problem when trying to compress files in android partition (after put down these command- cd /media/disk/)

why its happen?

hmm its seem u have user problems u shure the pas is correct ??? if yes u have try the su not sudo on terminal ?? or try other distro

i know i had this problem ones when instaling vlc on ubuntu

Guest emptyara
hmm its seem u have user problems u shure the pas is correct ??? if yes u have try the su not sudo on terminal ?? or try other distro

i know i had this problem ones when instaling vlc on ubuntu

yes im sure the password is correct.. becoz we need password for first command.. the one that we discuss is happen for 2nd command..

Guest ritchietos
yes im sure the password is correct.. becoz we need password for first command.. the one that we discuss is happen for 2nd command..

i dont get it

i just try it again whit a memory stick of 8gb and it works

i try it on ubuntu later home

Guest emptyara
i dont get it

i just try it again whit a memory stick of 8gb and it works

i try it on ubuntu later home

u asked whether i am sure about the password.. n yes i am sure.. bcoz it ask for password on the first command "sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/"

my problem stuck on 2nd command when i got the "permission denied"

google "permission denied" occured in ubuntu..but it lots..fuuuhh..

btw, i using ubuntu, not virtual OS...

maybe the command lie will be different not using virtual OS?

Guest ritchietos
u asked whether i am sure about the password.. n yes i am sure.. bcoz it ask for password on the first command "sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/"

my problem stuck on 2nd command when i got the "permission denied"

google "permission denied" occured in ubuntu..but it lots..fuuuhh..

btw, i using ubuntu, not virtual OS...

maybe the command lie will be different not using virtual OS?

nope its the same

i just try it on my ubuntu machine @home and it works also

dont know what u doing wrong

i folow the steps from other post also and it works to

btw i dont have windows only fedora ubuntu and debian

test this out

open up the terminal and enter chmod u+x file.rb

This gives the u (user) permission to (x) execute then the name of the

file or directory your giving permission to execute.

or this http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1440788

Edited by ritchietos

Guest emptyara
nope its the same

i just try it on my ubuntu machine @home and it works also

dont know what u doing wrong

i folow the steps from other post also and it works to

btw i dont have windows only fedora ubuntu and debian

test this out

open up the terminal and enter chmod u+x file.rb

This gives the u (user) permission to (x) execute then the name of the

file or directory your giving permission to execute.

or this http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1440788

ok... i get this thing work... this is what i did .. i format using KDE manager to make it ext2..

but still get those error.. suddenly i noticed disk's name in KDE manager wrote as "disk_" even the actual name display is "disk" -i also dont know why this happen...

so i just change the command and add "_" at the end..

going to next step... hope everything fine..

Edited by emptyara

Guest emptyara
iam using fedora (the same as ubuntu just difrent distro)

search for kde partition manager on the marketplace of ubuntu

search u storage and unmound (in kde part...) then delete all partitions ( warning u wont be able to hard reset u winmo anymore )

then ad partition fat 6gb and the name disk0 then ad partion 2gb ext2 or ext3 iam using ext2 for now and name it disk

then apply.

do not format it in samung it wil promt a popup dont format !!!!!!

go to a windows machine and plug in u se now disk0 6gb format it to fat32 and name disk0

then copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device(disk0) in windows or linux

then go to you linux machine again and open terminal and plugin your device

type in sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

it wil ask for a pasword and pres enter

type cd /media/disk/

type after the line sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

if u dont get pasword or no premision try su where e see sudo

edit u startup.txt an replace Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init

what do u mean startup.txt? shudnt be default.txt?

btw already change default but get error pop up "error CMDLINE" after i press "RUN" and i have to press "ok"...then i got kernel panic... :lol:

Guest ritchietos
what do u mean startup.txt? shudnt be default.txt?

btw already change default but get error pop up "error CMDLINE" after i press "RUN" and i have to press "ok"...then i got kernel panic... :lol:

yea sorry i renamed it to startup so u dont need to pres run anymore and only the default of the root need to be edit

and use this Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init

i have a rapidshare acount if u have problems i post the defauld.txt for my storage

Edited by ritchietos

Guest ashburn

can someone please tell me how do i get ADB to work. serious its been killing me. ive been trying alot of stuffs and it just doesn't work. Help please.. thank you.

Guest emptyara
yea sorry i renamed it to startup so u dont need to pres run anymore and only the default of the root need to be edit

and use this Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init

i have a rapidshare acount if u have problems i post the defauld.txt for my storage

so, i already change default to startup.. yes, i dont have to press "run" anymore.. but still get pop-up error said (Unknown ' CMDLINE') still in winmo.

i dont know why is there gap in CMDLINE word error i mean the ( ' <space> CMDLINE ')

Guest ritchietos
so, i already change default to startup.. yes, i dont have to press "run" anymore.. but still get pop-up error said (Unknown ' CMDLINE') still in winmo.

i dont know why is there gap in CMDLINE word error i mean the ( ' <space> CMDLINE ')

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"

boot