Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest emptyara

anyone experience with Out of space error.. I cant install any .apk files.. I only either can cancel the installation or manage application to delete other apps to get more spaces.. the thing is my memory is still full n cant install anything.. is it relate to partition problem maybe?

Guest ashburn
anyone experience with Out of space error.. I cant install any .apk files.. I only either can cancel the installation or manage application to delete other apps to get more spaces.. the thing is my memory is still full n cant install anything.. is it relate to partition problem maybe?

yes i did, i know why you cannot have a space bigger then 2GB +++ thats what i found out when i tried doing 3.5gb as sdcard... it wont work... im not sure why soo i set to 2.5GB and it works.. i think u cannot have more then 3GB as a space

Hello guys! I need help again. :lol:

I have installed Android on My Storage, and the problem I'm getting is that it will keep hanging, and nothing will happen after that. And I have also patch all those file that are needed to already.

Only way is to remove the battery. Any solution from you guys? Thanks!

Edited by AnYhOw

Guest quato7906
FIRST IMPRESSIONS (after two days of usage):

NOT SO GOOD:

- phone is not working all the time. I made like 10 phone calls...and olny half of them I managed to finilize. Sometimes I cannot here anything from the begining, other times suddently in the middle of phone call;

Good job guys!

The problem with the call hangup and conversation drops are the screen sleep issue during call,this can be done by installing the program called "Keep Screen" from Market,then in the program select the phone dialer & phone application to keep screen on when active-then you see notification in the taskbar from KeepScreen app...

Ekremsky

Edited by quato7906

Guest carlospaco
The problem with the call hangup and conversation drops are the screen sleep issue during call,this can be done by installing the program called "Keep Screen" from Market,then in the program select the phone dialer & phone application to keep screen on when active-then you see notification in the taskbar from KeepScreen app...

Ekremsky

I use "call light" you can download on market place.

It work perfect and you can call forever.

Greetings

I'm not sure whether this is old news or whether this is just on my phone, but I'm often having problems to wake up my Omnia II (Android) using the power button. It just won't wake up.

But when I press and hold the "call" and "hangup" buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds, the device turns on.

Sometimes it instantly turn off again, but then I can turn it on with the regular power button.

Strange...

Btw. I don't want to push anyone, but is there any progress on the missing features/bugs?

No word from the devs. for a couple of days.

Going back to WM6 is no fun anymore.

hi, I overcome the sleep of death problem already, after a few tries I discovered something, every time after a new build, I was able to wake up the phone using the right button, but after I patch with the zImage and o2bupdate.tar.gz , the phone will sleep and hard to wake up again. So now I don't patch the phone with the zImage any more and only patch with 3d-drivers-only.zip from http://forum.samdroid.net/f55/graphic-drivers-mix-3574/ phone is working fine now.

to developer : please check the new zImage file that is supposed to solve the sleep problem , its not working, the phone work well without it. tks

Edited by LOLOH2

The new zImage was created to solve battery problem, old version does not allow processor to slow down, it always works at 800Mhz - just as if you set High performance and not Auto in Samsung settings. So that was the original "sleep" problem - the phone never slept. Now it sleeps but has a problem waking up when unplugged, it needs solving but reverting to old zImage certainly is not an answer.

hello everyone,

first of all, thanks to devs to give us this awesome android version for our Omnias. I only have a question: Is it normal that when i apply the 2d/2d drivers given in the first page then main screen starts to run slower?

Guest emptyara
yes i did, i know why you cannot have a space bigger then 2GB +++ thats what i found out when i tried doing 3.5gb as sdcard... it wont work... im not sure why soo i set to 2.5GB and it works.. i think u cannot have more then 3GB as a space

ok.. here we deal with 2 partition, is that mean we must set FAT32(primary) and EXT2(logical) partition as not greater than 2gb? btw, can u share ur partition size here.. maybe the best u had..

Guest djsolidsnake86
Update on http://o2droid.phj.hu/trac !

2010-01-27

* Battery nocharge, timer-after-sleep problem seems to be solved, domain gate off time increased for 2D/3D.

No new download though...

very good, waiting for the new update files!

the year it's 2011 :lol:

Edited by djsolidsnake86

how can i set my storage back to normal???

i try to format as fat32 but after that appear 2 my storage in my phone...

edit: i have installed in my storage...but now...i stiil can't connect wifi...it's freeze all time, and i can't figure out why this happens...

Edited by igorbr

how can i set my storage back to normal???

i try to format as fat32 but after that appear 2 my storage in my phone...

delete partition two and resize partion one ...

and don't quote such a big text if it has nothing to do with your question :lol:

Edited by mosci

Guest Bounser

How do i save the zImage, i keep getting a tekst file. Haven't been able to overwrite the old file.

Please help. :lol:

Never mind. I got it......

Edited by Bounser

Guest elbee72
@the developers ...

since the kernelsource is updateted (from rev 53 -> rev 57)

i'm not able to get adb working anymore (linux version)?!

with the old kernel -> no problem

with the new one -> no chance

any hints to get it working with the actual source?

what version is "new kernel"? the zImage with sleep fix (rev??) or rev57?

currect v62 has usb drivers changed/deleted rev57/rev62 delta

Edited by elbee72