Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

i confirm that 3G is not working anymore!

confirmed too, 3g dont work on beta2

still issues with clock, dont think sleep works, one time couldnt wake him with unlock buttons, but managed with home... one time had to pull battery...

Edited by Kapica

Guest redzone321
confirmed too, 3g dont work on beta2

still issues with clock, dont think sleep works, one time couldnt wake him with unlock buttons, but managed with home... one time had to pull battery...

3g works fine here.

So! Installed in MyStorage and everything seems to be OK.

What I did. Formated the two FAT32 and ext3 partitions, Plug USB on windows put into DISK0: ext2.tar.gz (from o2beta1024), o2b2filesys.tar.gz (from o2b2filesys.zip), o2bupdate.tar.gz (with 2D/3D libs), new zimage(from o2b2filesys.zip), Haret and default.txt (from o2beta1024).

Unplug USB- Start ubuntu in VMwarePlayer - Plug USB - Connect to Ubuntu - Open Terminal and comands:

sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk <---------------EDIT: Its not necessary

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2filesys.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2b2filesys.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2bupdate.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Unplug USB - Plug USB connect to windows DISK0 - change line for "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init" in default.txt

Unplug USB - go to phone and run Haret, in some minutes Android is on and everything work like a dream :P

I didnt test all things but untill now I have just one freeze-self-reboot because I forced making lots of things at same time, wifi is fast like beta1, time and charge seems OK, Im going to test battery drain tonigth, I felt some better stability, I'll back report more soon...

Edited by slmz

Guest ermarmon
So! Installed in MyStorage and everything seems to be OK.

What I did. Formated the two FAT32 and ext3 partitions, Plug USB on windows put into DISK0: ext2.tar.gz (from o2beta1024), o2b2filesys.tar.gz (from o2b2filesys.zip), o2bupdate.tar.gz (with 2D/3D libs), new zimage(from o2b2filesys.zip), Haret and default.txt (from o2beta1024).

Unplug USB- Start ubuntu in VMwarePlayer - Plug USB - Connect to Ubuntu - Open Terminal and comands:

sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2filesys.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2b2filesys.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2bupdate.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Unplug USB - Plug USB connect to windows DISK0 - change line for "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init" in default.txt

Unplug USB - go to phone and run Haret, in some minutes Android is on and everything work like a dream :P

I didnt test all things but untill now I have just one freeze-self-reboot because I forced making lots of things at same time, wifi is fast like beta1, time and charge seems OK, Im going to test battery drain tonigth, I felt some better stability, I'll back report more soon...

But doing that you are mixing old files with the new ones. I think that o2b2filesys.tar.g is prepared to be installed alone (with 2D/3D drivers). I've extracted only that file and the graphic drivers and everything is ok except 3G.

But doing that you are mixing old files with the new ones. I think that o2b2filesys.tar.g is prepared to be installed alone (with 2D/3D drivers). I've extracted only that file and the graphic drivers and everything is ok except 3G.

Not mixing, because I installed o2b2filesys.tar.gz after the old ones, replacing thems, If you made how you said and work, its a other way possible, but my way work too, included 3G connection.

Guest one-turk

I made a clean install. Only new files and video driver. System is more stable but slower than the old Beta. My free ram was 85mb and now only 65mb. Writing from my. Android Omnia. How to get more free Ram a startup

Edited by one-turk

Was running on my storage with all updates up until Beta2. Placed the update file, zimage and the sh file in the root of my storage.

Waking up seems to work fine. 3G seems to work fine. And WiFi seems fine. Haven't checked speeds of downloads but they are working at least.

No problems to report as of yet.

Ijust installed beta 2 but 3G data seems not working, in beta 1 using the last update 3G also not working. I'm in Indonesia. Do 3G not working because i'm in Indonesia (maybe have another/different setting)

Edited by dexlee

Guest Prometheus5061
cant install ubuntu....error - wubi-10.10-rev197.log!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any suggestion? help? -.-

how are you installing it mate???

Edited by Prometheus5061

Guest dani_carrabba
Ijust installed beta 2 but 3G data seems not working, in beta 1 using the last update 3G also not working. I'm in Indonesia. Do 3G not working because i'm in Indonesia (maybe have another/different setting)

3g works fine with me usig INDOSAT MATRIX in beta 1 latest update, iam having difficulties downloading new beta 2 so not able to test 3g right now.

Guest Prometheus5061

G'day fellas

Just installed the latest update... all I can say is it's freaking sweet.... good on ya Devs!!!!!

One suggestion regarding the installation for people running it through my storage... here is what I did

1. Copy the update files to my storage

2. Open ubuntu (I'm using VMware)

3. Open the o2bupdate.tar.gz and just drag and drop the files in their respective locations in the ext partition

(if u get the permission denied error use this command in the terminal :

sudo chown username:username /media/disk

where username is your username in ubuntu and disk is the name of the ext partition)

4. Unplug phone and boot Haret

Cheers :P

Edited by Prometheus5061

3g works fine with me usig INDOSAT MATRIX in beta 1 latest update, iam having difficulties downloading new beta 2 so not able to test 3g right now.

Im using three but 3g never works for me. how do you install beta 1 + update?

Guest problematika

must have a DVD CD for ubuntu intallation? If so...im going to sleep, dont have empty CD...what a fail. :P

Edited by problematika

Guest Sinistersky

installed update....insanely awesome work guys...battery is perfect...clock is fixed..and sleep aswell..had it all night..dropped about 2 % on standby...wifi works, networking aswell..installed the 2d/3d drivers from radiks topic...everything works fine so far, testing it today for usage.. :P

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest Prometheus5061
must have a DVD CD for ubuntu intallation? If so...im going to sleep, dont have empty CD...what a fail. :D

Load the iso on a virtual cd drive and u'll be good to go :P