Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

/* offtopic

Bye bye winmo !!!!! :P

Managed to connect via adb, screenshots with qtadb

Edit: Droid exporer works also for me!!!

post-631299-1297337154_thumb.png

post-631299-1297337200_thumb.png

Edited by vidavi

Guest alexovy
i haved a sleep of death!

+1

Untill now I did not ever have this...whatever version of update I used. Please do something, or if anybody knows a solution...please, let us know!

Thank you!

And it looks like it is slower than beta1. Wifi also.

Edited by alexovy

Still cant wake up ..

sleep fix is not working for me..

Beta2 on SD, what I see

On charge - any key wakes up the phone

No charge - only the power key wakes up the phone, one push of the button, sometimes it might take a few seconds, but it does work.

I am guessing, when charging the CPU does not go to sleep as such, just the screen.

Guest voyteckst
Beta2 on SD, what I see

On charge - any key wakes up the phone

No charge - only the power key wakes up the phone, one push of the button, sometimes it might take a few seconds, but it does work.

I am guessing, when charging the CPU does not go to sleep as such, just the screen.

You're right. When charging it don't go sleep.

At last nigth I made tests and see that the sleep only work if installed some cpu control app, made it the power drop become like WM 3-4% in 6hours.

I ask so, its needed forever, android system haven't self power save routine? Thanks.

Guest Martin1990

I used the update;

3G still working

It goes to sleep and hardly wakes up (without adapter attached) and sometimes it doesn't wake up.

When it goes to sleep my fm radio stops and crashes.

Lines when unlocking phone.

Anything else you guys want me to test?

Guest TIEfighter
sorry, what is "dalvikvm"?

so, after 2 hours of playing (chose the beta 2 installation) I´ve experienced some issues.

1 x sleep of death

2 x times sound muted during calls

various times the phone only woke up to multiple key presses

furthermore, i wasn´t able to get a data connection. maybe it will work with the update now

so, a lot of the errors that were ironed out already seem to have reappeared :-( hope they can be fixed again, but still: AMAZING work so far! never thought it would get this good

Guest ermarmon
Here You have update file for new beta, which eliminate problem with no 3G data connection and some dalvikvm problems. Let me know if this works fine for You.

o2b2update.tar.gz

After this new update, with a fresh install, 3G working fine and sleep death seems to be solved. Thank you very much! Now, testing the battery!

Here You have update file for new beta, which eliminate problem with no 3G data connection and some dalvikvm problems. Let me know if this works fine for You.

o2b2update.tar.gz

I installed this update on a fresh install of beta2 and Android will no longer boot. I get to the Android logo, then the screen goes black. I can hear my voicemail sound, and then about 30 seconds the phone reboots...

Guest ermarmon
I installed this update on a fresh install of beta2 and Android will no longer boot. I get to the Android logo, then the screen goes black. I can hear my voicemail sound, and then about 30 seconds the phone reboots...

this update for 3g data dont work here...3g icon show on top bar, but no webpage or maps open...

How did you install the update? I've extracted the update manually by Ubuntu and works fine.

Guest MrGenius

o2b2update.tar.gz

I'm not able to download that here.

Could someone please upload it at Rapidshare or somewhere else? :P

Guest stu_2k1
So! Installed in MyStorage and everything seems to be OK.

What I did. Formated the two FAT32 and ext3 partitions, Plug USB on windows put into DISK0: ext2.tar.gz (from o2beta1024), o2b2filesys.tar.gz (from o2b2filesys.zip), o2bupdate.tar.gz (with 2D/3D libs), new zimage(from o2b2filesys.zip), Haret and default.txt (from o2beta1024).

Unplug USB- Start ubuntu in VMwarePlayer - Plug USB - Connect to Ubuntu - Open Terminal and comands:

sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2filesys.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2b2filesys.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2bupdate.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Unplug USB - Plug USB connect to windows DISK0 - change line for "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init" in default.txt

Unplug USB - go to phone and run Haret, in some minutes Android is on and everything work like a dream :P

I didnt test all things but untill now I have just one freeze-self-reboot because I forced making lots of things at same time, wifi is fast like beta1, time and charge seems OK, Im going to test battery drain tonigth, I felt some better stability, I'll back report more soon...

Thanks alot

I wanted to add that my data was working properly on beta1 before I wiped it out for beta2.

Installing 2D/3D drivers solved the booting problem.

So far I experienced also muting of the sound during a call and also had the sleep of death problem a couple of times.

But keep up the good work! Great progress so far!