Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest erikcas

voyteckst You can uplod a video of the new froyo?thanx very much for great hobby. sorry for my bad enghlish

With all respect, what do you expect to see in video?

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

dev team, doing quite a job, but we are tired of waiting. Does the Beta 2 will be? I came to the stage to sell my phone. patience, patience. how much more we wait. Please tell a date now. :( :( :( :(

Sorry, but if You are tired, get do it Yourself or buy another phone instead of complaining. We do not owe anything to You. It's not as fast because some of things should be rewritten and for some of bugs there is hard to find solution.

Remember that we are doing this in our freetime (we are only 3 people) and we all have our families.

Guest erikcas

MR voyteckst NOT UPLOD A VIDEO ?PLZ UPLOD THANX

He's working on a kernel currently. I don't think you will get very excited by watching coding on a video.

Froyo still looks the same with 2.6.32 kernel.

Edited by erikcas

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Don't rush the dev team ... That's rude of you...

Just be Patient, and wait... You should be glad for having the actual froyo beta...

Just wait!!!

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest rom_omnia2

dev team, doing quite a job, but we are tired of waiting. Does the Beta 2 will be? I came to the stage to sell my phone. patience, patience. how much more we wait. Please tell a date now. :( :( :( :(

If you are happy with the current version then be even more happy cuse there's a new version coming soon.

if you are not happy with the current version, forget it, cuse it WILL NOT BE PERFECT. If you wanna a stable device you will have to buy a native Android phohe.

*sorry for my english

Guest thanh_nha0706

bla bla bla bla bla, ultimately there is nothing.

I just want to say that you should be polite if not then shut your mouth up and go away. Remember that they still have their families and their jobs.

Guest jimmad

although i do have SG2 now i check every day waiting for new beta

just to give life to my omnia II which dying in my drawer

hope the dev team to release new beta soon

but i will be just happy if they solve the sleep issue

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I'm thiking to give a foot shot! on buing the new Nokia N9 with Meego when it is lauched ... I just love that phone's design, and the Swipe thing ... just amazing ... but to the date, I'm loving the Omnia2 with actual beta from Froyo ...

It gives me problems from week to week, but rather that, then the winMo that is so slooowwww -.-

Thanks dev team ... hope the new beta come soon =p

Guest alabama20

What kind of problem is with the kernel? Is about coding, or it is due to compatibilities?

I think the problems are present becase of compatibilities. For e.g.: if you wanna put Mac OS X into a PC with AMD processor you couldn't do it without modified kernel.

Guest merlin667

Basically everybody who is complaining about the time they need for this work should try it on his own or support the developers.

Anybody else has two options:

- Live with the speed the developments are done

- go out to a shop and buy a native android mobile

Basically since end of april i own a Xperia ARC, but getting a regular peek at the development status because the battery lifetime of the O2 is just incredible. I use it with my old simcard, and mostly only standby, but 2 weeks standby is just incredible - especially with a smartphone.

As soon as an working Bluetooth option is available i'll give it a second life for useage if i'm somewhere around because of the good battery lifetime.