Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

I have tried to install Android several times but never succeeded. I left the phone for a while but now it seems bricked??? Anyone had the same problem? Only seeing charging screen and it never seems to stop charging...Can't power on the phone, when I try when it's charging, the charging screen dissappears as if it's getting ready to boot but after a few seconds the charging screen returns...

And now this topic start to discussing about WM, instead of Android.

Read better: it all started when I was saying that I was experiencing lag both in WinMo and Android.

Maybe I got a solution in WinMo... waiting for the new beta and see if I still got that lag also on Android mode...

Anyhow, I agree with you: is soooooooooo unbereable to read such sporadic and disturbing posts... :D :D :D :D

I am sure you will not sleep tonight because I wrote "WinMo" on an Android thread... :)

Guest shoarmabakpao

Ok everyone I know everyone is fired up for this but lets just only post if you have issue's related to android. Just wait till the new upcoming beta that will be published just like Voyteckst told to us.

So keep this topic On Topic!

EDIT: made a typo

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Maybe off-topic:

Nice, got hardware keypad working for 2.6.32 for B7610

Therefore the next target will be: finding GPIO_USB_SEL because it is conflicting on GPL(5) with keyboard, so it must be somewhere else.

Concerning B7610:

After using haretconsole and tracing on wifi-ip in my home network I find changes on GPP(5) when plugging /unplugging USB to/from the phone.

So I compiled 2.6.332 for my B7610 with USB_SEL on GPP(5) and try this on my B7610. Now, in Android, when I plug USB it recognizes my SD card and I get USB-debugging notification in my notification-bar.

Concerning power still doesn't work.

Voyteckst, in dmesg I see something about unhealthy battery state. Is this recongized by you for I8000?

I think this is not related to USB_SEL, I think (if I am right?!?) the powering up is triggered by GPIO_TA_nCONNECTED?

[ 1403.930175] omnia-II-battery omnia-II-battery: s3c_cable_check_status: Unhealth battery state!

(Because I find this in dmesg I think it is not related to the current froyo image. Off course, I am not a dev, so I could be wrong)

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

Concerning B7610:

After using haretconsole and tracing on wifi-ip in my home network I find changes on GPP(5) when plugging /unplugging USB to/from the phone.

So I compiled 2.6.332 for my B7610 with USB_SEL on GPP(5) and try this on my B7610. Now, in Android, when I plug USB it recognizes my SD card and I get USB-debugging notification in my notification-bar.

Concerning power still doesn't work.

Voyteckst, in dmesg I see something about unhealthy battery state. Is this recongized by you for I8000?

I think this is not related to USB_SEL, I think (if I am right?!?) the powering up is triggered by GPIO_TA_nCONNECTED?

[ 1403.930175] omnia-II-battery omnia-II-battery: s3c_cable_check_status: Unhealth battery state!

(Because I find this in dmesg I think it is not related to the current froyo image. Off course, I am not a dev, so I could be wrong)

Sandor has completely rewritten battery driver for i8000, so it could matter how i behaves on b7610. I don't think it'll change on new beta, because it's kernel matter.

Sandor has completely rewritten battery driver for i8000, so it could matter how i behaves on b7610. I don't think it'll change on new beta, because it's kernel matter.

Oke, clear, thanx for quick answer. (Was still checking if I made my point clear, you confirmed I did ;))

Edit: Found someting for this in s3c6410_battery_saturn.c and s3c6410_battery_omnia_II.c

Do some trial and error

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

Mr. voyteckst, do you think the new beta will be released in this week?

I think so. I have ready image and have to test only sdcard installer (I don't have much time for this). There is still bug with wifi when phone goes sleep, but it will be corrected later.

Edited by voyteckst

I think so. I have ready image and have to test only sdcard installer (I don't have much time for this). There is still bug with wifi when phone goes sleep, but it will be corrected later.

thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know it is not a easy “work”

i will wait it

thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest PuCiNhOOO

But the phone part is all corrected Right? If that do, we just cant let phone sleep when in wi-fi =)

Confirm another thing please, is the time of wake up better? In the actual froyo, it takes 3 to 5 secs to the monitor turns on, is it better now?

Many thanks, and awesome job

You could put the ext for us to use manual instalation, there are plenty of how to do that on youtube and xda... If You got no time to test, we could help You out with that =)

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

With the new 2D/3D driver, means that the graphic will be better?

Maybe ,but first of all no more Problems to insert the Drivers at start. And guys by the way , we have 383 Site's and most of them are Question's like "when will come the next beta " and another Spam. We Need a New Thread... :D

Maybe ,but first of all no more Problems to insert the Drivers at start. And guys by the way , we have 383 Site's and most of them are Question's like "when will come the next beta " and another Spam. We Need a New Thread... :D

Ohh, okay. Thanks. Ya, new thread will be open when new beta is release.

There is a new changeset.

Sensor modifications for the upcomming New Beta Compiled Froyo

All the sensors work now.

Phone MSM inactive after sleep bug corrected.

Nice bug fix!

Voyteckst, do you (or Sandor) know if it can do harm to the B7610 and/or its battery if I don't disable charging on "Unauthorized battery" and "Unhealth battery"?

I compiled without disabling charge with these occurences, but I don't know this. Sandor wrote the driver, maybe he can tell what consequences are / could be?

(modified as above in:

kern_2.6.32/drivers/power/s3c6410_battery_omnia_II.c

and

kern_2.6.32/drivers/power/s3c6410_battery_saturn.c)

Device is charging now (put a very old battery in it just in case) and the percentage is rising.

It is a dirty workaround, maybe I should search in the code for causes that lead to the unhealth / unauthorized occurences.

Thanx!

Edit: Just comes to my mind that I use 2 spare white-label batteries. Don't have the original battery anymore, to test. Can't reproduce with original battery..

Edited by erikcas

Guest vakaloka

As after the beta2 the whole phone will be quite stable, perhaps we should try to addapt a bootloader so that android boots directly from the flash. I'm not pressing the devs at all, I think they have made a great job with this beta, I'm pleased with the beta performance, I'm just giving ideas.

Great job devs!

Guest voyteckst

As after the beta2 the whole phone will be quite stable, perhaps we should try to addapt a bootloader so that android boots directly from the flash. I'm not pressing the devs at all, I think they have made a great job with this beta, I'm pleased with the beta performance, I'm just giving ideas.

Great job devs!

What a great idea! Sorry, but I couldn't leave Your post without response ;-)

BTW. Do You really think, that we didn't thought about this? ;-)