Quess When it is Released

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore
Nobody has yet, but at least they will serve the UK audience first (makes a nice change) they are giving the unlocked devices priority, where they will receive in the 1st 2 weeks. As for the O2 locked devices, Dell are unsure themselves as it depends on when O2 give there approval (mostly after the 2.1 disaster)

Will surely see someone post a topic as soon as they have the OTA upgrade, with lots of photos etc of the new OS, I know I would if I had a dell streak right now.

Will just have to wait for the people with the unlocked devices to let us know

On twitter..... Regarding O2...... @StephenatDell No that's not fair, they've been working with us to ensure that the update will be optimised with the O2 UK UI

I read that to mean that O2 have had it for a while and should be ready to go! I am not holding my breathe though !

On twitter..... Regarding O2...... @StephenatDell No that's not fair, they've been working with us to ensure that the update will be optimised with the O2 UK UI

I read that to mean that O2 have had it for a while and should be ready to go! I am not holding my breathe though !

I read it to mean one or the other is telling porkies....

Both spout the corporate nonsense and neither know A from E

• 4 months later...
Guest popetodd

Thanks Fards, this one needs a thread all it's own.

SuperOneClick didn't work for me on the stock ROM no matter how I did it but this worked the treat in under 4 minutes.

I'm trying from Linux of course.

Something I noticed as well: the stock ROM has better radio sensitivity than Steve's, not sure why but I would guess it's the algorithms being used for the FFT's.

LOL

looks like Dell have fixed the loophole that universal androot used with the latest beta (so I presume the ship froyo will do the same), much in the same way the nexus one stopped it .

I'm feeling nice, so there's two ways of doing it..

either manually (heh heh manually is always more fun) ****

or using SuperOneClick

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682 (at least if you're using windows as its easy) ON linux the requirements are long and complicated to use that app (so far)

*****manually or for linux (unless you have all the requirements for superoneclick already)

GET ECLAIR/FROYO version of Superuser.apk and su 

from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828  extract the two files to the directory you're working from.. 

GET rageagainstthecage from 

http://stealth.openwall.net/xSports/RageAgainstTheCage.tgz  

extract the rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin to the same directory you're working from 

open a terminal/command line

adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

adb push su /data/local/tmp/su

adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

adb shell chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

adb shell chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/busybox

adb shell

cd /data/local/tmp

./rageagainstthecage

******this will kill adb server but manually kill it anyway and restart it ******

adb kill-server

adb start-server

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

adb shell

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system 

**********Follow the following steps to install Superuser.apk, busybox,su ****************

cd /data/local/tmp

./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/

chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox

busybox cp Superuser.apk /system/app/

busybox cp su /system/bin/

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

exit

exit 

then reboot streak 

************to remount filesystem as readonly,*************

adb shell

# su