ArcMedia Video Player

Guest jporch316

Guest jporch316

guys

i used ArcMedia video player a lot before the 2.1 update. Now it just isnt found on the android market. Ive also tried appbrain which finds the program but says its not available.

Is this because it s not compatible with 2.1 or has it been pulled from the mrket?

If anyone has the .apk file and is willing to share please let me know

Cheers

I posted the following thread about some questions regarding the media gallery.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...lery-questions/

Im not sure if mayeb this may relate to your question, as it seems frmo me looking at the gallery etc on the phone, that the version included with android 2.1 is the arcsoft mobile media gallery. SO im guessing it uses this to play videos adn view photos etc...

I dont understand why as the default (cooliris) gallery has way better support than the arcsoft one. Arcsoft doesnt support syncing with picasa, doesnt let you create albums etc.. Standard android one does.

So im relatino to your question could it be taht you cant find itbecause its already included on the phone, or is the video player you are on about slightly different to the one build in to the phone?

Guest jporch316
I posted the following thread about some questions regarding the media gallery.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...lery-questions/

Im not sure if mayeb this may relate to your question, as it seems frmo me looking at the gallery etc on the phone, that the version included with android 2.1 is the arcsoft mobile media gallery. SO im guessing it uses this to play videos adn view photos etc...

I dont understand why as the default (cooliris) gallery has way better support than the arcsoft one. Arcsoft doesnt support syncing with picasa, doesnt let you create albums etc.. Standard android one does.

So im relatino to your question could it be taht you cant find itbecause its already included on the phone, or is the video player you are on about slightly different to the one build in to the phone?

Arcmedia i used for playing mpeg videos and it worked a treat

Heres the link http://www.arcmediasoft.com/arcMedia/index.aspx

Its not avialable on the market place -(dont know if this is due to upgrade to 2.1 or just pulled) - Ive also tried the barcode scanner on the link above which says object not found and ive tried appbrain which finds it to begin with and adds to my download list but then says object not found when i press install?

If anyone is still running on 1.6 can they check that this app is still in the market?

Guest Carbonize

Weird, it's listed on App Brains but not on Market.

More strange is that the official site points to the market to download it.

I am curious as to why you want that particular player because I'm pretty sure it uses the same codecs that come with the GT540.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest jporch316
Weird, it's listed on App Brains but not on Market.

More strange is that the official site points to the market to download it.

I am curious as to why you want that particular player because I'm pretty sure it uses the same codecs that come with the GT540.

It wont play the mpeg files I have - the built in player says unable to play video - arcmedia plays them ok