Installing Roms

Guest Labello

Guest Labello

Hey guys.

Just a quick question.. i've never really tried to install any roms yet but i was just wondering how?

I download and place .zip file in the root of the SD card.

then? i go into recovery? go use an app?

If it's simple, please make a reply and make my life easier.

what do i do with the Zip file and the phone?

thanks

Edited by Labello

Guest Koki1337
Hey guys.

Just a quick question.. i've never really tried to install any roms yet but i was just wondering how?

I download and place .zip file in the root of the SD card.

then? i go into recovery? go use an app?

If it's simple, please make a reply and make my life easier and calm.

thanks

Well, since you're new to everything, do you want to try FroYo?

Flashing a bin file might seem like having a mini heart attack, but it happens to all of us for the first time, seriously.

You'll need a custom recovery (http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/303405/malezrecovery-image-0-6-1-easy-installer/) and the easy SCRIPT one is recommended (my own experience)

Use the custom recovery to flash the ROM is much more controllable if something goes wrong.

Guest Labello
Well, since you're new to everything, do you want to try FroYo?

Flashing a bin file might seem like having a mini heart attack, but it happens to all of us for the first time, seriously.

You'll need a custom recovery (http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/303405/malezrecovery-image-0-6-1-easy-installer/) and the easy SCRIPT one is recommended (my own experience)

Use the custom recovery to flash the ROM is much more controllable if something goes wrong.

actually i think ive already flashed froyo 2.2

not exactly sure which one..

i keep downloading roms thnking they are bin files and i can simply use the acer tool to flash it.

but i keep downloading all these .zip files..

I think i've already did the custom recovery thing.. malez? right?

im just lost after that part...

haha i remember i was sweating bricks when i was flashing froyo for the first time.

im glad someone replied.

Edited by Labello

Guest Koki1337
actually i think ive already flashed froyo 2.2

not exactly sure which one..

i keep downloading roms thnking they are bin files and i can simply use the acer tool to flash it.

but i keep downloading all these .zip files..

I think i've already did the custom recovery thing.. malez? right?

im just lost after that part...

haha i remember i was sweating bricks when i was flashing froyo for the first time.

im glad someone replied.

Haha, no sweat. Happens to all of us on the first time :rolleyes:

Well just switch off your phone, then hold the camera (hardest you can press) and hold volume down, then hold power and it'll vibrate 3 times within a second.

Then release, you'll see Malez recovery coming out. If there's a box with an exclamation mark in a triangle and an Android mascot outside, you're not with Malez yet :huh:

Guest Labello
Haha, no sweat. Happens to all of us on the first time :rolleyes:

Well just switch off your phone, then hold the camera (hardest you can press) and hold volume down, then hold power and it'll vibrate 3 times within a second.

Then release, you'll see Malez recovery coming out. If there's a box with an exclamation mark in a triangle and an Android mascot outside, you're not with Malez yet :huh:

I see malez, i'm in recovery and i have the rom zip file on root of sd card.

but i dont see where i can install the rom..

that's about it.. that's mainly where i'm confused.. once i have Malez custom recovery does that mean the phone is rooted?

Guest Chewy11
I see malez, i'm in recovery and i have the rom zip file on root of sd card.

but i dont see where i can install the rom..

that's about it.. that's mainly where i'm confused.. once i have Malez custom recovery does that mean the phone is rooted?

read up on how to use Malez recovery on the same site you downloaded it from.