[Q] Acer Liquid TV out?

Guest Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee

Is there anyway using either the headphone jack or the USB jack and output video like the samesung galaxy does? or is it not possible?

Morris Lee

Edited by Morris Lee

Guest Raskell
Is there anyway using either the headphone jack or the USB jack and output video like the samesung galaxy does? or is it not possible?

Morris Lee

On devices like Galaxy S, the TV out port is planned to be part of the main circuit board. A specific circuit is implemented to create a composite TV out signal and this is sent to a specific (purpose made) jack. Any existing phone without video out being pre-planned into the circuitry would not have a proper 'signal' genreated elsewhere on the main board, so there is nothing to feed such a port. The other specific dilemma is that the headphone jack and USB jack also connect to the main board and can not be re-directed to use for any other purpose without surgically disecting the main board. - No realistic oportunity for this to happen, or as elloquently stated by @styjp - "nop"

Guest Morris Lee
On devices like Galaxy S, the TV out port is planned to be part of the main circuit board. A specific circuit is implemented to create a composite TV out signal and this is sent to a specific (purpose made) jack. Any existing phone without video out being pre-planned into the circuitry would not have a proper 'signal' genreated elsewhere on the main board, so there is nothing to feed such a port. The other specific dilemma is that the headphone jack and USB jack also connect to the main board and can not be re-directed to use for any other purpose without surgically disecting the main board. - No realistic oportunity for this to happen, or as elloquently stated by @styjp - "nop"

Too bad, i was hoping we can do some sort of emulation still, hehe. Oh well, i will keep my mp3 player with the tv put XD