rom froyo for acer stream

Guest ginosso

Guest ginosso

Hi,

i wuold like to know if there is a rom , maybe a leaked one, for acer stream.

I see that liquid uses part of stream rom btw i do not find nothing for stream.

and for stream i do not find nothing also as recovery / root and a software to send a rom to smartphone .

thanks in advance for answers

Edited by ginosso

Guest Delnar_Ersike

You might be out of luck, as I've done a couple searches (I'm sure you have as well), and there seems to be little community support for the Acer Stream. Perhaps LIQUID_USER could provide a leak to a possible Stream version of FroYo?

Guest ginosso

i did searches here and google but only few posts about stream.

I do not uderstand why only few ppl have got it because for tis price now it's very good... better than liquid metal for my opinion.... 512 rom/ram 2gb iternal flash amoled hdmi and rds seems to me better features that new liquid at about same price...

the only think that lack is custom firmwares support unfortunately

Guest Delnar_Ersike
i did searches here and google but only few posts about stream.

I do not uderstand why only few ppl have got it because for tis price now it's very good... better than liquid metal for my opinion.... 512 rom/ram 2gb iternal flash amoled hdmi and rds seems to me better features that new liquid at about same price...

the only think that lack is custom firmwares support unfortunately

Here's a spec-by-spec comparison of the two phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPho...p;idPhone2=3519

IMHO however, the Acer Liquid Metal is better not only because it's slightly cheaper, but also because it is probably similar in hardware to the Acer Liquid (probably the reason its firmware works on both the Liquid E and the Liquid A1 after a bit of unlocking), which would allow for better modding, it has an LED Flash, it has a better battery, and although its CPU is only @800Mhz while the Stream's is @1Ghz, I doubt the difference is that noticeable, plus see: better modding.

Guest ginosso

well i saw specifications comparison but i i'm not totally agree with your considerations

acer liquid metal has not hdmi , physical bottons, amoled display, magnesium case (but simple alloy in which seems to be easier to see figheprints) and 2g of flash memory inside for applications (now 512 seems to be a lot if you came from liquid a as mine but in the future?)

and acer stream has a led inside one of physical botton as notifications (you can see it ever without to rotate phone in correct angle everytime) and faster cpu ( as you say maybe with 800you can go at 1gh but it has a safe cooling system? my liquid a goes hot)

the only problem is that there is not a froyo firmware actually or modders, also the cpu of stream seems to be similar to liquid A/E than the one inside the metal.

for price i think that now on the market you can find them around at the same price and it's not chaper

Guest Delnar_Ersike

OK, I won't argue, both have their benefits and their drawbacks; however, the issue still stands: the Acer Stream has little to no modder community support, probably because a) the hardware is different enough to provide problems; and b) the device simply isn't as popular as a lot of other handsets (probably because last I checked, for the price of an Acer Stream, you can get a Samsung Galaxy S, which IMO is a MUCH better phone than the Stream). Your best bet would either be to trade in your device for one with more community support, or stick with the stock 2.1 until Acer decides to release 2.2 officially for the Acer Stream (probably sometime in 2011). If you're lucky, someone might leak an early version of FroYo for the Acer Stream, but I doubt that would happen, given how the leaks for the Acer Liquid have all required the A1 Download Tool to flash.