Windows Phone 7 Desire HD port?

Guest arc4ne

Guest l1nuxfre4k
Wondering if anyone is working on getting Windows Phone 7 working on the Desire HD?

now why would someone try to make the phone worse?

Win7 is a piece of s*** system

Some people actually like Win Phone 7, but that's kind of a personal preference.. But honestly, why would you want it on THIS phone? You should've gotten the HD7 instead then.

Guest El Nino9
Wondering if anyone is working on getting Windows Phone 7 working on the Desire HD?

agree with post above. should have got hd7 instead.

and you will never get windows phone 7 on your phone, several reasons why.

windows is NOT open sourced.

so it will be illegal as you don't have a license and porting it over would be a nightmare

also android doesnt dual boot :S?i read somewhere that it just cant do it lol

on the other hand if you had a hd7 you could have had the best of both worlds once a hack was obtained. it would be very hard as there is no external storage like the hd2 hack. but the best phone to play with multiple Os's is the hd2

has its windows 6.5 on it and can run android, ran the ace roms before the phone came out and also runs a windows phone 7 port

The hero had some hacks which allowed dual booting two android roms, guess it would be possible with win7, too. But then we have the problems with license you mentioned plus the drivers etc.

Guest El Nino9
The hero had some hacks which allowed dual booting two android roms, guess it would be possible with win7, too. But then we have the problems with license you mentioned plus the drivers etc.

agree you can dual boot two android systems

i believe kendon was part of a team of two that wrote scripts for it and know there is a thread with detailed instructions for that over at villianrom's website

i don't think it was just for the hero :rolleyes:

Guest rexton270

Why would you screw up your phone with that crap from M$?! I've read somewhere that M$ bought DANGER (company used to produce Danger OS for SideKick devices) and modified the DANGER OS , which is now WP7. (It could be a rumour, but very close to truth imo).

• 6 months later...
Guest albal
Why would you screw up your phone with that crap from M$?! I've read somewhere that M$ bought DANGER (company used to produce Danger OS for SideKick devices) and modified the DANGER OS , which is now WP7. (It could be a rumour, but very close to truth imo).

I think the OP was asking if it's _possible_ to put WP7 on the Desire HD given the HTC Touch HD2 can be setup to dual boot WP7 and Android.

MS build their own OS, it's not imported from another company. Personally, I develop and test mobile apps as part of my job from time to time. I'd rather be able to dual boot a device than have two different units.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Inexplicable

I see what you did there ;)

And no, nobody's been able to do any of that fancy cross-OS dual-boot voodoo on anything but the HD2 right now.