Overclock ACER LIQUID Froyo / Kernel / ROM - Thanks people who are passing to help us

Guest NewAngel

Because it breaks too many things.

I released it only on twitter for testing pupose.

You are right, he should have asked you.

Either way with latest leak plus my customization plus launcher pro my phone is silk smooth. I even forget buying iPhone4 after compare mine with a friend's iPhone4, special on Flash

BTW overclocking is useful...if you are watching soccer games streams on flash video, at standard speeds it is not as smooth as it could...

Guest Ze Mitras
BTW overclocking is useful...if you are watching soccer games streams on flash video, at standard speeds it is not as smooth as it could...

Overclock is useful, not only for that. Last week I've tested Xian new CM (actualy it was Rogers version, based on Xian's version) and it is true that some ROMs are faster than others, even without having to overclock.

I used my CPU always at 998Mhz and the difference is not astonishing but can be easily noted. On the interface speed, and specially playing Angry Birds. I thought Angry Birds run smoothly in my Liquid with other ROMs, but with Xian CM + overclock, the game loads a lot faster, it's faster to do an "ALT + TAB" equivalent, in general everything runs smoother.

Just try it and you'll see the difference.

Guest honghong

I CAN'T USE SD CARD AFTER I FLASH IT~

256RAM S100

USE Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

LCR-F_1.1.1

Edited by honghong

Guest umair9001
I CAN'T USE SD CARD AFTER I FLASH IT~

256RAM S100

USE Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

LCR-F_1.1.1

Its mentioned App2SD doesn't work with this build..

As far as SD card usage, i am able to use mine after flashing it.

Edited by umair9001

It's the stock theme, I haven't changed anything?

Only visual change is the Launcher Pro.

post-785983-1289331229_thumb.png

But isn't the stock theme for froyo leaks the one with the black bar?? I really miss this theme. Could you provide a link?

Guest hkstacker
But isn't the stock theme for froyo leaks the one with the black bar?? I really miss this theme. Could you provide a link?

I'm not running a leak.....I'm running Roger's official firmware release.

Guest LiquidW
ok,i have not see post of other.but what the meaning of break?don't work forever?

Break ? is some application may be not install in rom ( app2d have problem ) example : Game angry birds can' to install and other.. you can try it

Guest endariel
The fact that it can break sd card, etc should act as a deterrent... I believe vache knows what he's talking about. And as it has been pointed out many times before in various other threads, quadrant score isn't necessarily indicative of anything really.

Alas, you can mod your phones as you see fit... It's your hardware after all. But to me, the various roms out in the community are pretty darned good and fast. Many people complain about battery life and high temperatures. Why mess around and risk damage? Especially if one of our honoured developers advises not to?

Just my two cents :-P

well i never had froyo on my liquid, i tried many eclair roms and still think you could really tell the difference with an OC kernel, i went 921 and it was really smooth, expecially on 3d games and heavy stuff for sure, but even the daily use was improved. IE contacts scroll was smoother, desktop slide was smoother, even app drawer was smoother, and battery life was as good as stock kernel!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...