Android Apps and Permissions

Guest tweeniedon

Guest tweeniedon

Hi

I'm a newbi so go careful and hope i dnt sound to thick with this question

I've searched the full internet nt just this forum cart seem to find the answer was hoping someone may help me and not laugh at the same time as it may be a stupid question ok here goes. ..

Just got the new san francisco first android phone. unlocked and t-mobile sim only contract ...

Sum applications run in back ground on there own tried to turn off. But nt sure how but they keep coming back and running (good job i'm on t mobile unlimited internet)

Am very worried tho cos when i clicked on Permisissons some apps can access my personal information

for example google talk it can directly call phone numbers and will charge me? modify my phone messages delete send also my accounts it can act as an authenticator

I'm worried someone may be looking at my personal information (big brother) and can steal my personal information. Is this normal on all android phones? and applications.

How do i stop these applications using my information or turn this service off plz .

I dont Like this information it says it on every app i download..

I think these phones are not very safe if this is happening. I think i may go back to my old nokia at least i new my personal data was safe.

Am i over reacting and there is nothing to worry about or is this normal that the hackers have my information?

Told you it may be a stupid question but am very worried about these applications i download. :rolleyes:

Thank you in advance Lost Newbie

Edited by tweeniedon