Huawei Ascend Help

Guest djlegion

Guest djlegion

Another thing, I'm rooted and every command I use in adb console gets a "Access denied" message. Why is this not working? I never ran into this problem when I had my Verizon Droid Eris... Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest xlarkascendingx
Another thing, I'm rooted and every command I use in adb console gets a "Access denied" message. Why is this not working? I never ran into this problem when I had my Verizon Droid Eris... Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bootloader mode is the Huawei screen that just stays there.

Guest King_Xerxes
They sometimes put stock firmware on their website.

The only firmware I could find for cricKet is the M860 V100R001C153B251SP03 firmware. If that matches the Build Number in Settings->About Phone then you can flash that should anything go wrong.

There have been rumours that Huawei plans to update the Ascend with Froyo and Gingerbread in the future. Whether that is true or not, I guess we'll see. It looks like they've removed the front-facing camera, which is a shame as that would be perfect for Gingerbread (thats assuming the rumours of Gingerbread supporting video calling are true).

I find it rather amusing that Huawei continues to infiltrate the whole world. Despite many Western intelligence agencies claiming it's a front company for the Chinese intelligence services to spy on us (same goes for ZTE too). They know exactly how to pwn us - by producing awesomely cheap Android phones. :rolleyes: I wonder how long it will be until they pwn Sprint too. LOL.

Thank you so much! Now if only it would download without timing out after over an hour.

Guest King_Xerxes

Did you type su first? It should change from $ to #.

Guest djlegion
Did you type su first? It should change from $ to #.

Yes I did, that command also came back as Access Denied. But I figured it out, I had to open SuperUser on my phone then run a command, and accept the access.

But now, I can't get into the bootloader for the life of me.

Yes, their servers are painfully slow and unreliable, so I've mirrored the file here: http://www.multiupload.com/VXYIW07P8U (Huawei Ascend M860 V100R001C153B251SP03 Cricket, firmware, 92.4 MB)

Is this the original stock ROM for my Cricket Huawei Ascend (2.1)?

Edited by djlegion

Guest King_Xerxes
Yes I did, that command also came back as Access Denied. But I figured it out, I had to open SuperUser on my phone then run a command, and accept the access.

I was able to use a downloader and got it in about 15 minutes. It works great and am rooting the phone now.

Guest King_Xerxes

Turn off the phone. Hold the volume up button and the end button, and hit the power button. It will take you to the force loader screen after a few seconds.

Guest djlegion
Turn off the phone. Hold the volume up button and the end button, and hit the power button. It will take you to the force loader screen after a few seconds.

Doing that key combination takes me to the Update Failed screen. And my hardware keys just flash. Is this the screen you're talking about?

Doing VolDown+End+Pwr = Stuck on Huawei logo

Edited by djlegion

Guest djlegion
I was able to use a downloader and got it in about 15 minutes. It works great and am rooting the phone now.

What are you talking about? lol

My phone is rooted already. I just need to get in my bootloader so I can install Amon recovery and make a nandroid backup before I install any ROMS.

Is this file http://www.multiupload.com/VXYIW07P8U (from a couple posts above) the Stock ROM for Cricket Huawei Ascend (Android 2.1)? Can I flash this using VolUp+End+Pwr (the update screen where my hardware keys flash and it saying update failed)

Guest King_Xerxes

My phone is rooted already. I just need to get in my bootloader so I can install Amon recovery and make a nandroid backup before I install any ROMS.

Is this file http://www.multiupload.com/VXYIW07P8U (from a couple posts above) the Stock ROM for Cricket Huawei Ascend (Android 2.1)? Can I flash this using VolUp+End+Pwr (the update screen where my hardware keys flash and it saying update failed)

I was talking about the default rom.

Guest King_Xerxes

Yes, it should let you use your directional to move up and down to pick the update. I will upload the pdf that comes with the rom.

Here it is:

http://muhshit.com/downloads/Cricket%20M860%20_ASCEND_%20B251SP03%20Software%20Upgrade%20Guideline.pdf

I am uploading the rom right now.

Guest djlegion
Yes, it should let you use your directional to move up and down to pick the update. I will upload the pdf that comes with the rom.

Here it is:

http://muhshit.com/downloads/Cricket%20M860%20_ASCEND_%20B251SP03%20Software%20Upgrade%20Guideline.pdf

I am uploading the rom right now.

Do I have to rename it to update.zip? Because this is all it's asking for. Also, this isn't really what I'm trying to do. I want to get in the bootloader so I can install Amon recovery! lolz

Guest King_Xerxes
Do I have to rename it to update.zip? Because this is all it's asking for. Also, this isn't really what I'm trying to do. I want to get in the bootloader so I can install Amon recovery! lolz

I gave you the link to it, only because it has the steps with pictures. I am not sure as to how you can install that, but I was just doing what I can. I have only been messing with a Android phone for a few days, but I learn quickly.

Edit for grammar issues.

Edited by King_Xerxes

Guest King_Xerxes
I gave you the link to it, only because it has the steps with pictures. I am not sure as to how you can install that, but I was just doing what I can. I have only been messing with a Android phone for a few days, but I learn quickly.

Edit for grammar issues.

Sorry, I should have uploaded this Word doc, not the PDF, sorry. It has been a very busy day for me.

http://muhshit.com/downloads/HUAWEI%20ASCEND%20M860%20Smart%20Phone%20FAQs-(V100R001_01,EN).doc

Guest xlarkascendingx
Sorry, I should have uploaded this Word doc, not the PDF, sorry. It has been a very busy day for me.

http://muhshit.com/downloads/HUAWEI%20ASCEND%20M860%20Smart%20Phone%20FAQs-(V100R001_01,EN).doc

Has anyone found a recovery that works with this d@mn phone? lol GRRRR

Guest King_Xerxes
Has anyone found a recovery that works with this d@mn phone? lol GRRRR

I have it loaded on my site and someone else has it loaded on another site. There has been several posts in this topic with links to it. I know that it works as I messed up and deleted Talk and I had to use it to recover my phone. I rerooted it and deleted everything else, but talk this time and it works great.

http://muhshit.com/downloads/

Guest xlarkascendingx
I have it loaded on my site and someone else has it loaded on another site. There has been several posts in this topic with links to it. I know that it works as I messed up and deleted Talk and I had to use it to recover my phone. I rerooted it and deleted everything else, but talk this time and it works great.

http://muhshit.com/downloads/

No, I mean, like Clockwork recovery or AmonRA

Guest King_Xerxes
No, I mean, like Clockwork recovery or AmonRA

I apologize, I should have said that this is only the factory image/rom/firmware. I was only doing this for the people that have messed up their phones and are needing to restore to the current factory settings. This is not the same as the phones restore, as that does not replace system files, but this does.

Also, I am not the one that found this! McSpoon did, and I wanted to give him the credit for that. I am just hosting it on my server, but he also uploaded it to megafiles or something like that. Do NOT give me credit, as I am not the one that found it!

Again, Thank you McSpoon! It was VERY helpful for me.

Edited by King_Xerxes

Guest djlegion

Uhg! I still cannot get into the bootloader. It just sticks to the Huawei logo. !!)(*$&^(*@%&^)@(%*

How do I reset the phone back to how I got it from the store.. It's currently rooted. Is there a reset button in the back? lol

Edited by djlegion

Guest King_Xerxes
Uhg! I still cannot get into the bootloader. It just sticks to the Huawei logo. !!)(*$&^(*@%&^)@(%*

How do I reset the phone back to how I got it from the store.. It's currently rooted. Is there a reset button in the back? lol

Follow the directions for the Force Update in the documents that I have posted.