No wifi on CM6 - Solved!

Guest checjb

Hi folks,

I came across an issue yesterday after installing CM6 and it took me a while to find an answer and that was from a different device forum (but still with Modaco) so I thought I'd share to help anyone else out with a similar problem. No doubt I'm just sexposing my noobiness but it might help someone like me.

Problem: When trying to access Wifi, it would scan for networks for approx 15-30 seconds and would then say "unable to scan for networks" and disable wifi. Even manually entering my wifi SSN etc didn't work (as it seemed to just forget them the instant I hit OK).

Solution: Open a terminal session (with Superuser rights, naturally) and then type the following commands.

cd /data/misc/wifi

rm wpa_supplicant.conf

This removes the conf file, one quick reboot later (I'm not sure if this is necessary but it is what I did as "best practice") and I was able to use wifi as normal.

Hope that helps someone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chesterwang1020
Hi folks,

I came across an issue yesterday after installing CM6 and it took me a while to find an answer and that was from a different device forum (but still with Modaco) so I thought I'd share to help anyone else out with a similar problem. No doubt I'm just sexposing my noobiness but it might help someone like me.

Problem: When trying to access Wifi, it would scan for networks for approx 15-30 seconds and would then say "unable to scan for networks" and disable wifi. Even manually entering my wifi SSN etc didn't work (as it seemed to just forget them the instant I hit OK).

Solution: Open a terminal session (with Superuser rights, naturally) and then type the following commands.

cd /data/misc/wifi

rm wpa_supplicant.conf

This removes the conf file, one quick reboot later (I'm not sure if this is necessary but it is what I did as "best practice") and I was able to use wifi as normal.

Hope that helps someone.

How can I root the phone!? I already fresh to the CM6,but try many ways just cannot rooted!

Guest totiadrenalin
How can I root the phone!? I already fresh to the CM6,but try many ways just cannot rooted!

It is rooted by default.

Can you unlock the unlocked door?