Recommended partition size for Apps2SD?

Guest BK2FUT

I've heard that 500mb is advised, but I have a 16gb card, and just to be safe for a long time, I'd like to devote at least 1gb to apps.

Is this possible? Has anyone successfully run apps2sd with a 1gb partition for apps?

Thanks for your time,

OT.

Guest ASY9650

I've heard in a few places that you shouldn't exceed 750mb due to the fact you may experience stability issues after that.

500mb is more than enough though really? I can't really see anyone exceeding that unless they set out to, or just download any app they can lay their hands on :rolleyes:.

Guest ASY9650
Tried it with a 994mb partition, and it's working fine so far...

Like I said, I only heard. Didn't state it wouldn't work. I'd much rather be safe than sorry, rather avoid wasting time having to set up APPS2SD again or even reflash my ROM.

:rolleyes:.

Like I said, I only heard. Didn't state it wouldn't work. I'd much rather be safe than sorry, rather avoid wasting time having to set up APPS2SD again or even reflash my ROM.

:rolleyes:.

You're probably right; kind of regretting not going with the 500mb partition, but reformatting the card would be a whole thing...

Guest ASY9650
You're probably right; kind of regretting not going with the 500mb partition, but reformatting the card would be a whole thing...

I think using Minitool Partition Manager you should be able to delete the EXT2, And then reformat it as 500MB EXT2, Then merge the extra with the FAT32,

However, all in all, it's only time consuming to have to reformat the old card in as much as just dumping the files on your PC then back on.