Help! After reading sms it still shows "1 message" on lockscreen

Guest MartinDaDon

Guest MartinDaDon

Hello everyone,

I use Handcent as SMS App, and the custom black rom..

Everytime I get a message, it appears "1 message" on the lockscreen. But when I read the message, it still shows "1 message" on the lockscreen.

Can anybody help? I tried do disable notification on the android sms app, but it's still there...=(

Hello everyone,

Everytime I get a message, it appears "1 message" on the lockscreen. But when I read the message, it still shows "1 message" on the lockscreen.

Can anybody help? I tried do disable notification on the android sms app, but it's still there...=(

Yes u have cancelled the notification bar, but u can not get rid of the lock bar notification to the best of my knowledge.

hmm..but why is there still the notification on the lockscreen after reading? =(

Because u r reading it via handcent, if u read it via built in sms it will go off. r u on 1.6 or 2.1?

Guest MFD-2HD
Yes u have cancelled the notification bar, but u can not get rid of the lock bar notification to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, it annoy me too, wait for way out.

hmm..but why is there still the notification on the lockscreen after reading? =(

Well update, this does not happen for me anymore since i switched to 2.1.

all i get is the handcent notification in trhe notification bar.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ijcy

Guest MFD-2HD
Well update, this does not happen for me anymore since i switched to 2.1.

all i get is the handcent notification in trhe notification bar.

:rolleyes:

But it still notify in Lock Screen even though you read it with Handcent.

Guest Jacowannabe
Hello everyone,

Here's the trick:

The very first time you get an SMS, you need to check it with the phone's stock SMS software, so that i cancels the lockscreen notification. From that point on, turn off notifications and use Handcent or whatever program you like (i prefer ChompSMS).

Guest DarkField

Hi!

Stelle mal bei "SMS/MMS" jegliche Benachrichtigung aus. Sollte es immer noch nicht gehn liegts wohl an 1.6.

Habe nun 2.1 und hab das Problem nichtmehr B)