LCR-Froyo rom help

Guest jeffjs

Hello I've run into some trouble with the LCR-Froyo rom, When installed and it does so successfully. I am trying to set up my google account info but when I attempt to enter my pass word the phone crashes out and brings me back to the menu to set up or skip setting up my google account. this also happens when i'm trying to make a phone call and manually entering in the phone number, it crashes out to the home screen, any one else having this problem?

Guest vanisleguy1976

Try to reinstall the ROM.

From wipe menu in Malez recovery, wipe everything before you flash ROM. First flash 1.0, then apply latest patch. This may do the trick (fingers crossed). I had a similar issue before and I think this is how I fixed it.

Edited by vanisleguy1976

I have done that to no avail. I've noticed you need to install a bin file, but i haven't found a way to do that. I've jailbroken Iphones before but nothing like this, also i'm using Linux, Ubuntu 10.04.

Guest vanisleguy1976
I have done that to no avail. I've noticed you need to install a bin file, but i haven't found a way to do that. I've jailbroken Iphones before but nothing like this, also i'm using Linux, Ubuntu 10.04.

I'm assuming that since you haven't flashed a bin, you must still have eclaire on your device? You'll definitely need to get one of the froyo bins on your device before getting a froyo rom running.

This thread discussing installing bins in Linux. I'm a PC user myself, so I can't personally attest, but your answer may be here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...h-rom-in-linux/

From what I've read there, it may be somewhat problematic... You may need to bite the bullet and use someone else's PC to get the bin on your device. In this case, you'll need Acer DL Tool, which you'll find info on here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ad-tool-for-a1/

Good luck!