I bricked my Liquid S100 during flashing :'(

Guest Xquinze

Guest Xquinze

I tried to flash my Liquid S100 with a BIN. I followed the instructions I found on this forum exactly, installed the drivers, rebooted and started the Acer Tool in OS mode, but for some reason my USB disconnected during the process. I never unplugged it, but while I was using the Acer Tool Windows 7 told me the "Device could not be found". The Acer Tool then told me to unplug and that "resoration was needed".

Now my device doesn't respond to anything!? The battery icon doesn't show when I connect. I can't get into recovery or fastboot (volume up + power + camera). I've tried everything I could find on this forum, but nothing works. The phone does nothing at all anymore.

Is there anything left to do? :rolleyes:

Edited by Xquinze

Guest kentaromiura
I tried to flash my Liquid S100 with a BIN but for some reason my USB disconnected during the process. I never unplugged it, but while I was using the Acer Tool Windows 7 told me the "Device could not be found". The Acer Tool then told me to unplug and that resoration was needed.

Now my device doesn't respond to anything? I can't get into recovery or fastboot (volume up + power + camera). I've tried everything I could find on this forum, but nothing works.

Is there anything left to do?

put out the battery, wait a minute while pressing the start button, replug the battery, your phone should restart.

Guest Chewy11

So sorry...

so with the battery out, if you just put it back in and press power: what happens

did you have other usb cables conected to your PC at the time of flash?

Guest Xquinze
So sorry...

so with the battery out, if you just put it back in and press power: what happens

did you have other usb cables conected to your PC at the time of flash?

Absolutely nothing. :rolleyes:

Yes, I had a mouse plugged in. I think the USB cable I used just has a bad connection. I should have used the one that came with the device.

My situation is similar to Sushii's (http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/305310/acer-liquid-bricked).

Edited by Xquinze

Guest munchy_cool

I faced the same problem on Windows 7, the phone stopped flashing @ fastboot.

In my case it happened because my laptop had less of RAM i guess only 1gb of it and Windows 7 gave less priority to USB connection (I hate MS),

but this is how I got my phone back to life,

I used a pen drive and configured it to be used as RAM in Windows &, right click on USB device and set it to be used as RAM.

Remove Acer drivers and install them again.

Phone on download mode (volume down+camera+power on). Connected to laptop, new hardware found and start flashing.

Guest Koki1337

In my case it happened because my laptop had less of RAM i guess only 1gb of it and Windows 7 gave less priority to USB connection (I hate MS),

I used a pen drive and configured it to be used as RAM in Windows &, right click on USB device and set it to be used as RAM.

Phone on download mode (volume down+camera+power on). Connected to laptop, new hardware found and start flashing.

Did you all ran it on compatibility mode on Windows XP SP2 as administrator on Windows 7?

Guest Borkata

Any chance you have too low battery?

You can try remove battery and put it back and then plug in charger for some time without touching anything.

After some time you can try to enter recovery or bootloader.

Guest Xquinze

Download mode won't work anymore. When I try the combination, nothing happens. The phone seems totally unresponsive.

@ Koki1337

Yes.

@ Borkata

The battery was full. I tried charging it and then try bootloader or recovery but it doesn't respond.

Is there anything else I can do? I read Behnaam has specific software to unbrick phones, but since my phone isn't recognized anymore by the USB, I wonder if anything can be done at all.

Guest fpbasilio

reading posts like this make me not want to flash the froyo leaks. seeing the guy did everything exactly right in the flashing process but still ended up with a bricked phone. My fone still on official eclair rom. I wonder is there a way to do a trial run to test the usb connection before actual flashing. although flashing to eclair from cupcake via the official method seemed to work for me.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
reading posts like this make me not want to flash the froyo leaks. seeing the guy did everything exactly right in the flashing process but still ended up with a bricked phone. My fone still on official eclair rom. I wonder is there a way to do a trial run to test the usb connection before actual flashing. although flashing to eclair from cupcake via the official method seemed to work for me.

All updates pushed by Acer, whether official or leaked, can potentially brick your phone if the USB cable becomes unplugged intentionally or accidentally. If you're lucky, your phone will still turn on and go to the bootloader, from which you can install a recovery image, boot into the recovery, and your computer will recognize your device and you'll have another shot at flashing the updated bin. If you're unlucky, well...

Guest fpbasilio
All updates pushed by Acer, whether official or leaked, can potentially brick your phone if the USB cable becomes unplugged intentionally or accidentally. If you're lucky, your phone will still turn on and go to the bootloader, from which you can install a recovery image, boot into the recovery, and your computer will recognize your device and you'll have another shot at flashing the updated bin. If you're unlucky, well...

I think the difference is if you bricked the phone while updating with official release, you can still return to acer

if still within warranty. if you bricked while using the leaks, i dont think they will cover..unless you want to trick acer.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
I think the difference is if you bricked the phone while updating with official release, you can still return to acer

if still within warranty. if you bricked while using the leaks, i dont think they will cover..unless you want to trick acer.

This is what a lot of people in the forums have said: if the manufacturer can find out that you bricked your device by flashing an unofficial firmware, rooting, and/or flashing a custom ROM, your device is probably in good enough shape to revert everything you did so the manufacturer won't find out you ever rooted your device, flashed a custom ROM, and/or flashed an unofficial bin. And if your device is in such bad shape that it cannot be reverted back to the official firmware in any way, the manufacturer cannot find out if you ever rooted your device or something similar, or if the manufacturer can, it probably isn't worth the trouble doing that for every faulty device they receive.

Guest fpbasilio
This is what a lot of people in the forums have said: if the manufacturer can find out that you bricked your device by flashing an unofficial firmware, rooting, and/or flashing a custom ROM, your device is probably in good enough shape to revert everything you did so the manufacturer won't find out you ever rooted your device, flashed a custom ROM, and/or flashed an unofficial bin. And if your device is in such bad shape that it cannot be reverted back to the official firmware in any way, the manufacturer cannot find out if you ever rooted your device or something similar, or if the manufacturer can, it probably isn't worth the trouble doing that for every faulty device they receive.

then what are u gonna tell the acer if your sending it back? that it just suddenly stopped woking? are there lots of people here who got their device replaced/repaired after flashing unofficialy? any experience in acer singapore or asia?

..the only thing that stopping me to flash is that i dont have money for repairs or to buy a new device if i brick it. hihi

I tried to flash my Liquid S100 with a BIN. I followed the instructions I found on this forum exactly, installed the drivers, rebooted and started the Acer Tool in OS mode, but for some reason my USB disconnected during the process. I never unplugged it, but while I was using the Acer Tool Windows 7 told me the "Device could not be found". The Acer Tool then told me to unplug and that "resoration was needed".

Now my device doesn't respond to anything!? The battery icon doesn't show when I connect. I can't get into recovery or fastboot (volume up + power + camera). I've tried everything I could find on this forum, but nothing works. The phone does nothing at all anymore.

Is there anything left to do? :rolleyes:

have you tried to plug the usb in a different port?

Guest Chewy11

I always unplug all other USB ports when flashing a bin or installing the recovery.

I read it somewhere, and have been constant with this trick. My device went black and needed to have the battery removed one time when I did not remove other USB. Fortunately I was able to reboot (long). I have always been successful with flashes with other USB unplugged.

On PC I use 'usbdeview'(Google it) to see if my drivers and devices are playing nice, and check in device manager((in XP)Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager) to see that all is well installed.

These tricks should put some confidence in Liquid/E users flashing fears.

The first time I flashed I think I almost had a heart attack hoping I had done it all correctly.

Good luck

Just gotta say that flashing the Acer Liquid was easy compared to my girlfriends LG GW 620. The folks behind http://openetna.com/openetna/ have been great in supporting my efforts. And so now I support them with a small donation.

Malez on this forum is DEFINITELY worth donating to,,,without his recovery all this would be a little more difficult.

Enjoy!

Guest Xquinze

Thanks for all your replies. I'm sending my cellphone to Acer, hoping they can fix it.

I don't worry what to tell them: I contacted them two weeks earlier on because my phone froze up or crashed while using wi-fi or texting. I'll just tell them it got worse and now the phone is dead.