ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest thisweb

I like to use swapper2 with swap file instead of DTa2sd swap (but want DTa2sd). I have ext and fat partition. Can I still install this , I know DTa2sd is installed in the rom and I prefer this to the froy a2sd but will the swap settup clash with swapper 2 or is it not enabled by default. I don't have a swap partition anyway so may not matter. Can anyone confirm?

Guest Richard_Arkless
I like to use swapper2 with swap file instead of DTa2sd swap (but want DTa2sd). I have ext and fat partition. Can I still install this , I know DTa2sd is installed in the rom and I prefer this to the froy a2sd but will the swap settup clash with swapper 2 or is it not enabled by default. I don't have a swap partition anyway so may not matter. Can anyone confirm?

If you dont have a swap partition on your microsd then dta2sd will disable swap so you can use swapper2 to create a swap file

But I've the same problem as before. The wpa_supplicant.conf file on my pulse is in /system/etc/wifi. In my data folder, there's no subdirectories at all, let alone the wpa_supplicant.conf file in /data/misc/wifi.

Maybe this is the problem on my pulse - can I create the /data/misc/wifi folder then put the file in there somehow?

Why would my directory structure differ to yours - I went from the UK 2.1 to FLB 1.5, then flashed this rom?

I did remember that you had this problem so I changed it to /data/system/wpa_supplicant to see if it would solve your problem, im not sure whether it does but its pointing to a different location

so do this instead

cd /data/system/wpa_supplicant

rm wpa_supplicant.conf

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest scoobydoo99
If you dont have a swap partition on your microsd then dta2sd will disable swap so you can use swapper2 to create a swap file

I did remember that you had this problem so I changed it to /data/system/wpa_supplicant to see if it would solve your problem, im not sure whether it does but its pointing to a different location

so do this instead

cd /data/system/wpa_supplicant

rm wpa_supplicant.conf

But I don't have a /data/system subfolder, my data folder has no subdirectories at all?

Guest Richard_Arkless
But I don't have a /data/system subfolder, my data folder has no subdirectories at all?

That is really strange, sorry but I cant think of anything that may help, maybe its best to create a new thread to see if someone else can fix your problems

Guest scoobydoo99
That is really strange, sorry but I cant think of anything that may help, maybe its best to create a new thread to see if someone else can fix your problems

Thanks for your help Richard, I'll start a new thread and see if I have any luck.

Guest lingwooc
Dtapp2sd is already installed in this rom so all you need to do is partition the sdcard (this order, create fat partition, ext2 then swap) and then type a2sd reinstall and then a2sd check to make sure its all working fine

Ah. Although it looks like from later posts that if I use swapper2 (which i am) and don't partition myy sd card (which I don't think I have) then it will work ok.

Do you have application moving turned on in the CyanogenMod Settings or is it doing it another way with dtapp2sd and I've upset it by turning that on?

Cheers

Guest Richard_Arkless
Ah. Although it looks like from later posts that if I use swapper2 (which i am) and don't partition myy sd card (which I don't think I have) then it will work ok.

Do you have application moving turned on in the CyanogenMod Settings or is it doing it another way with dtapp2sd and I've upset it by turning that on?

Cheers

I do have the option ticked but left it on automatic for the install location and so far no problems

Guest Maksim K

Have just flashed the CM AIO v4 an hour ago and you know what? This is AWESOME! I upgraded directly from the base 2.1 ROM of "life:)" carrier at Belarus, the upgrade went smoothly.

Guest spanner44

I have just tried this rom, and initially it seemed to be okay. I had a couple of reboots, but thought I could live with it for a moment, then tried to download a Terminal program from the market, so that I could verify that DTapps2sd was working, and it then rebooted, going into a boot loop, showing the iniyial T Mobile logo and then the small Android print in the middle of the screen, before re booting.

I thought I would try to re flash it and go to recovery, but I can't enter clockwork as i have this on the screen :

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4

E:Error in Cache:recovery/log

(No space left on device)

I have even tried to redo clockwork with the same results and even tried Amoran but that seems to suffer the same fate.

Can some one please advise how to recover this in an easy fashion please.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I have just tried this rom, and initially it seemed to be okay. I had a couple of reboots, but thought I could live with it for a moment, then tried to download a Terminal program from the market, so that I could verify that DTapps2sd was working, and it then rebooted, going into a boot loop, showing the iniyial T Mobile logo and then the small Android print in the middle of the screen, before re booting.

I thought I would try to re flash it and go to recovery, but I can't enter clockwork as i have this on the screen :

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4

E:Error in Cache:recovery/log

(No space left on device)

I have even tried to redo clockwork with the same results and even tried Amoran but that seems to suffer the same fate.

Can some one please advise how to recover this in an easy fashion please.

Try flashing the 691mhz kernel and also wipe cache just in case

Guest Richard_Arkless
I was planning to do a flash with the 691 Kernal, but I can't get into clockworkMod, i just get the error message

Download armon ra files, put the phone into fastboot mode but instead of running the windows.bat go into the command prompt, cd into where the files are stored and copy and past the below in speech marks

"fastboot-windows.exe erase cache" that should wipe cache

try booting into clockwork now

if that dont work then try

fastboot-windows.exe erase recovery and then reinstall clockwork through the fastboot method, someone will have to send you the link to it as im not sure where it is

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks Richard, that has got me back.

No problem

Just a general question to anyone, should I revert back to the 691mhz kernel as default or stick with the 710mhz one

I ask because im seeing loads of people have problems like you are with the 710mhz kernel

Oh and i think I have found the reason why the chosen launcher wasnt removing adw and I have now fixed it so people try it out and get back to me

No problem

Just a general question to anyone, should I revert back to the 691mhz kernel as default or stick with the 710mhz one

I ask because im seeing loads of people have problems like you are with the 710mhz kernel

Oh and i think I have found the reason why the chosen launcher wasnt removing adw and I have now fixed it so people try it out and get back to me

As one of the ones who can't use 710, of course I have to install 691 over the top if I want to use this rom. But IIRC, in your case (and who knows how many others) you can't get things to work with 691. So, I'll only suggest that you include this "show-stopper" issue in the first post instructions with a detailed description of how to install the alternate, and have download links to the alternate kernel for people who need it. Either way you decide to go, that should take care of it for those who have that problem.

I think the biggest problem is usually that people don't know where to start when something goes wrong. But if they have been forewarned about what might go wrong, then they might remember to go back to that information and get it fixed without going to the end of the thread and posting the same question that has been asked multiple times throughout. :)

Guest scoobydoo99

Richard, how did you get the Blade wifi fix to install? I can download it, it seems to install, but I can't open it to change the settings and it doesn't appear in my list of Apps?

Thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard, how did you get the Blade wifi fix to install? I can download it, it seems to install, but I can't open it to change the settings and it doesn't appear in my list of Apps?

Thanks

its because its a service meaning there is no app, its purpose is that when you put your phone to sleep when you wake it then it will turn off and then turn back on wifi

Thanks

u cant change anything. its just a service. and it doesnt show up in ur applications drawer.

oh, richard was faster

Edited by msig

Guest scoobydoo99
its because its a service meaning there is no app, its purpose is that when you put your phone to sleep when you wake it then it will turn off and then turn back on wifi

Thanks, just checked the Blade thread and it's 'wifi keep alive' I was thinking about - in this app you setup the workarounds you need, I thought it was the Blade wifi fix.

I've installed the Blade wifi fix so I'll see if it works better now.

You'll be happy to know that my Pulse has been stable since installing the CM6 v4 rom and sorting out the wifi.

Guest spanner44

Been running with this for a couple of days now, having come from the normal CM6 port with the apps2sd, and in general it seems to run well, although I have noticed that sometimes when launching an app I get a Black screen with just the notification bar showing, for a few seconds, then it just carries on, and it seems a tad slower than when running the Toms CM6. I have noticed that ADW launcher seems to slow things up for me, or it seems sluggish on occassion so I might switch the launcher, but not sure which one to at the moment.

Keep up with the good work.

Guest albicelestial

Hello, Richard.

I have a problem with your ROM: HTM_IME keyboard does not fits well to screen, it becomes very small. In 2.1 ROMs it fits well with same density settings.

Any ideas how to fix it? Maybe some changes in build.prop required (except getting back density to 160)?

Edited by albicelestial

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hello, Richard.

I have a problem with your ROM: HTM_IME keyboard does not fits well to screen, it becomes very small. In 2.1 ROMs it fits well with same density settings.

Any ideas how to fix it? Maybe some changes in build.prop required (except getting back density to 160)?

you need to download lcd density changer and untick compatibility mode and reboot now it resizes apps to full screen, this changes something under system if I can just find out what that is then I can put it in the rom itself

EDIT: Spare parts also has a compatibility option, I dunno if this will do the same thing