ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest jekin77
1. This is a feature of the tre dialer and because it is a 2.1 app it cant be ported to 2.2 cm6, im continuing to look for alternatives but most are 3rd party and are seperate apps (so not embedded into the contacts app)

2. It may be there its just black text, go to settings, cyanogenmod settings, user interface, tweaks extras and then select a theme and set it to gingerbread

i prefer the DialerOne (it's free) , for me is the best one !!!

here you can download the latest version of DilerOne - DialerOne_v1.2.7.5.apk

Dialer One is smart multilingual T9 like dialer application for Android

Features:

Speed dial;

Smart T9 search which returns frequently called contacts at the top of the list;

Call log grouped by contact;

Send contact via sms, mail;

Customizable UI;

Swipe between screens (Call log, Contacts, Favorites);

Tone dial (dialing a number on a land-line using DTMF tones);

Export calls in CSV format;

and much more

Supports contact selection in following languages: EN, RU, DE, HE, RO, PO, CZ, SE, GR, FR, UA, CN, KZ, KO, DA, AR, FA, TR, CS, HR, BG, KA.

98881998.jpg

Guest jekin77

What about TouchPal Smart Dialer, it's also a alternative !!!

TouchPal Smart Dialer features:

1. You can search contact by mixed combination of either JianPin or QuanPin as you like!

2 .Allow reversal search of contacts’ surname and first name. No need to worry about the reversal caused by some system error!

3. You can search out targeted ones only by a small part of their phone numbers!

4. Strong search of contacts’ detailed information. Quick search-out of contacts by their company, position, remarks etc.!

5. Dialing in roaming. TouchPal provides you with the most economical dialing choice!

Other functions:

- support multi-number contact

- display of location of call in and call out number

- location inquiry of phone number

- a series of personalized settings:absolute time or relative time display of calls;

individual IP settings; sound and display settings,etc. All up to you!

- Voice dialing

- contact favorites

touchpal_smart_dialer_android_2.gif

Guest Richard_Arkless

Does anyone know anymore dialers that actually integrate into the contacts app, I tried the touchpal one because it looks like it is but it keeps force closing

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest igor_anta
Does anyone know anymore dialers that actually integrate into the contacts app, I tried the touchpal one because it looks like it is but it keeps force closing

What do you mean by that? A dialer that features both phone and contacts tabs?

Guest AntonioPT

ZTE Blade's dialer incorporates, all in the same window/tab: dialer (duh), contacts and call logs.

Guest Richard_Arkless

What I mean is that if you went into the contacts app you would see a phone tab, is there an alternative dialer that sits in that tab and isnt its own app

Guest igor_anta
What I mean is that if you went into the contacts app you would see a phone tab, is there an alternative dialer that sits in that tab and isnt its own app

Well the Youlu Address Book is like that, the link I posted on the previous page. It's free on Market, just try it out.

Guest zzmusam
1. This is a feature of the tre dialer and because it is a 2.1 app it cant be ported to 2.2 cm6, im continuing to look for alternatives but most are 3rd party and are seperate apps (so not embedded into the contacts app)

2. It may be there its just black text, go to settings, cyanogenmod settings, user interface, tweaks extras and then select a theme and set it to gingerbread

Many thanks for all the replies, Richard you were spot on with the issue about the clock, as soon as I changed over to use the Gingerbread theme the clock appeared in the status bar.

I'm also looking at the other diallers mentioned kindly by other members.

thanks to richard and twrock and totti and many others, i have learnt a many more things from this thread. i'll summarise my further exprience a bit more, with some fixes:

i went back to v51 with tiny-gapps and zeam, and i think i find the best performance with this combo. personally, i think the only gapp reqd with a rom is the market in /data, not /system. any version would suffice, as market auto-updates itself. and all the gapps can be pulled from the market. the exhaustive list keeps on growing, and not everyone wants everything. check the current list:

http://google.com/support/mobile/bin/topic.py?topic=29767

In the early days, google policy tightly tied down the gapps development with android releases integrating them together. with the success of their ambitious launch, now google has relaxed their hold and decided to loosen that policy, allowing individual apps to be updated, independantly of each other or the base android. success inspires confidence in open source. hence you see these apps in the market, with each having their own independant development roadmap. they don't need to be tied down and dragged by everyone else. the big G seems to have learnt from M$ mistakes.

anyway, back to this rom. some of my fixes/comments/suggestions to this rom:

build.prop:

ro.product.model=u8220

ro.product.brand=T-Mobile

ro.product.name=Pulse

ro.product.device=u8220

ro.product.board=u8220

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=Huawei
I had to change the brand name as above, because some of my apps bombed saying unrecognised device. For eg, the MS Office apps supplied by Huawei wouldn't work.
ro.product.locale.region=UK

changed from US to UK

and i can't remember now, but the last line in build.prop was a duplicate, and i removed it.

Settings -> Cyanogenmod settings -> User interface -> Tweaks extras -> Select a theme -> STOCK_Black or any of the others
needs to be done first thing after flashing by the user and reboot the phone, for many of the colours to be properly visible. i wonder if we can list this on the first page itself? or perhaps make one of these proper themes the default in the rom.

Settings - Cyanogenmod settings -> Input settings
has some settings which don't work for me.

"Long-press home settings" don't show me the recent apps. In fact, the recent apps menu itself seems to have disappeared from the reboot menu! is it just me? can the others see the recent apps menu?

Trackball wake / Menu wake - both disabled - still wake my phone.

I have disabled Compcache and JIT, as recommended by cyanogen. I don't have swap or ext partitions on my sdcard. My phone is blazing fast compared to some of my peers, possibly because i am a minimalist. Everything else seems to work fine, including the kernel oc to 710. with this, i think the pulse is better than most other phones i have seen, except the lack of adequate manufacturer documentation. hopefully, hauwei might look at the htc support site and realise why htc is more popular. this is what differentiates a manufacturer, and i would not recommend huawei again judging from their closed shop operations, when they benefit from open source. the pulse is probably their finest release ever.

btw, droidwall bombs out on me, and their faq says this:

2. no chains/target/match by that name

This error message unfortunately means that your kernel does not support netfilter owner match module, so DroidWall will not work.

There is nothing I can do on DroidWall to make it work, and the only possible solution is to flash a customized ROM with support for this feature.

ROM developers, please ensure that the following configuration option is enabled in the kernel (either built-in or as a module): CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_OWNER

can someone please confirm?

i notice many posters mentioning requiring updates to this rom from tom's rom. if this rom is dependant on tom's rom as the base. a better alternative imho would be to flash tom's rom, and then the changes/diff for this rom as another zip. so if i as a new user wants to use this rom, the update zips would be in order - tom's zip, this zip and gapps zip.

this would ensure this rom is always in sync with tom's base build. otherwise, there is a lot of going back and forth between these two roms, and at some point they will be too much out of sync. this might also allow tom to concentrate on the base build, and the rest of the community to pitch in with the bells & whistles to build on top. any problems/issues can also be clearly tracked and followed.

trawling through the filesystem, i have found some great utilities in /system/bin and /system/xbin. one favourite is htop. some others are dnsmasq, qemu, bmgr, irssi, openvpn, rsync, dropbear, powertop, netperf, cpueater, etc... if you don't know these utils, ask the interweb, and you'll be amazed at what is inside your pocket!!!

a small tip from me: open Terminal Emulator. go to Menu -> Preferences -> Initial command. at the end of the line, add "; htop", without the quotes. OK and exit. you now have a brilliant performance monitor which does not use any resources, compared some of those humunguous apps. just click Terminal Emulator and see the beauty emerging. i find horizontal view shows more of the wider display, but you can scroll using your trackball. you can even find out which individual process is actually hogging your system resources. hit q to use exit htop and use Terminal Emulator, or back to exit Terminal Emulator.

there are so many tips and tweaks floating about. i wonder if we should create (or use an existing) wiki to accumulate all these. trawling through threads like these with hundreds of posts, is a bit difficult. another rom update/wipe happens, and i don't remember what all i had changed in the previous ones.

btw, i only use the base from any of the roms i happen to use. i change almost everything including the system apps. i continuosly look for apps with smaller footprint, and removing the correponding stock apps or what i currently have. this makes my system faster and more efficient, in terms of memory, cpu, speed and battery.

in this case, i have just taken the latest cm6.1 stable for n1, and practically scrapped most everything from there into this rom. many of the apps are newer and smaller and more efficient!

Edited by ve100

oh, and i also changed /system/etc/gps.conf

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org

I have worked with time servers, and using geographically close ones are more efficient. i don't know whether google server names remain the same across geographies. if they do, then the rest of the file needs to be changed to.

this probably explains why google maps/navigation is a bit off tangent/time.

Guest niix2571

dont know if this is the right place to ask... but, i seem to be having troubles with terminal emulator... i cant run any a2sd commands... i keep getting invalid command... any help would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

Guest Richard_Arkless
dont know if this is the right place to ask... but, i seem to be having troubles with terminal emulator... i cant run any a2sd commands... i keep getting invalid command... any help would be greatly appreciated :unsure:

And this is in this rom?, a2sd is definitely working so make sure you type it in right, su then "a2sd check"

Thanks ill try that out now

Guest jekin77

don't forget to type "su" before use a2sd commands B)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Does this need any other things, I just put this in the rom on its own and it cant see it, ill try copying over the contacts.apk and the contacts provider from the zte blade 2.2 see if it makes a difference

Guest Richard_Arkless

Does this need any other things, I just put this in the rom on its own and it cant see it, ill try copying over the contacts.apk and the contacts provider from the zte blade 2.2 see if it makes a difference

EDIT: google services framework (com.google.process.gapps) now force closes and now no contacts or this dialer

Guest niix2571

i did type su... it all goes well, says a2sd is working, busybox installed... then it says starting a2sd in sysinfo (or any other) mode... then in next line it says sysinfo invalid command :/

Guest Richard_Arkless

I am uploading v5b4, so people test it out, there will be 1 more beta before it becomes final

build.prop:
ro.product.model=u8220

ro.product.brand=T-Mobile

ro.product.name=Pulse

ro.product.device=u8220

ro.product.board=u8220

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=Huawei

ro.product.locale.region=UK

"Long-press home settings" don't show me the recent apps. In fact, the recent apps menu itself seems to have disappeared from the reboot menu! is it just me? can the others see the recent apps menu?

Trackball wake / Menu wake - both disabled - still wake my phone.

i notice many posters mentioning requiring updates to this rom from tom's rom. if this rom is dependant on tom's rom as the base. a better alternative imho would be to flash tom's rom, and then the changes/diff for this rom as another zip. so if i as a new user wants to use this rom, the update zips would be in order - tom's zip, this zip and gapps zip.

this would ensure this rom is always in sync with tom's base build. otherwise, there is a lot of going back and forth between these two roms, and at some point they will be too much out of sync. this might also allow tom to concentrate on the base build, and the rest of the community to pitch in with the bells & whistles to build on top. any problems/issues can also be clearly tracked and followed.

there are so many tips and tweaks floating about. i wonder if we should create (or use an existing) wiki to accumulate all these. trawling through threads like these with hundreds of posts, is a bit difficult. another rom update/wipe happens, and i don't remember what all i had changed in the previous ones.

The build.prop values that you suggested have now been included

The default cm theme is now the gingerbread one so the user does not have to set it manually

Those input settings are linked to other mapped buttons which is why they dont make any changes, maybe ill go looking round there and make the changes

This rom does not require you to flash toms rom first, This rom is pretty much toms with all the tweaks, fixes, etc that I have found incldued with it, when I first considered this I did think about putting it in an addon but its much easier to have all that stuff in one rom. This rom is sorta like what you suggest, any improvements that people list gets included in this rom

There is a wiki dedicated to the tmobile pulse but it has been a while since it was last updated

I am also planning to either reduce the amount of cm wallpapers to about 10 or replace them with the vanilla android wallpapers, until then I will remove the cmwallpapers.apk

Guest jekin77

EDIT: google services framework (com.google.process.gapps) now force closes and now no contacts or this dialer

anyway i use DialerOne instead stock dialer ....

This rom is pretty much toms with all the tweaks, fixes, etc that I have found incldued with it, when I first considered this I did think about putting it in an addon but its much easier to have all that stuff in one rom. This rom is sorta like what you suggest, any improvements that people list gets included in this rom
How do you ensure Tom's bugfixes and updates/changes are synced to this rom? How does Tom keep a track of how we are fixing and improving on his rom?

There is a wiki dedicated to the tmobile pulse but it has been a while since it was last updated
I am looking at that wiki now. But that is a humunguous single page with lots of old outdated information. Would it be possible to split that into multiple pages dealing with individual issues and concepts and roms, etc?

I am also planning to either reduce the amount of cm wallpapers to about 10 or replace them with the vanilla android wallpapers, until then I will remove the cmwallpapers.apk
That was the biggest and first thing I removed from the rom. I don't think we should have the LiveWallPapers either, and if reqd keep it in data, so those who don't use it can uninstall. imho, those are time wasters, cpu wasters and battery wasters. fun for the first few minutes though... :-)

I also updated most of the system apks with newer ones from latest cm zip.

You can also move any of the apps appearing in this list to /data, as any updates by users will go to /data, including the market. So, you will end up with a copy in /system and another copy in /data. I have personally moved market to /data, as that seems to update itself without even asking me!?!

Guest Richard_Arkless
How do you ensure Tom's bugfixes and updates/changes are synced to this rom? How does Tom keep a track of how we are fixing and improving on his rom?

I am looking at that wiki now. But that is a humunguous single page with lots of old outdated information. Would it be possible to split that into multiple pages dealing with individual issues and concepts and roms, etc?

That was the biggest and first thing I removed from the rom. I don't think we should have the LiveWallPapers either, and if reqd keep it in data, so those who don't use it can uninstall. imho, those are time wasters, cpu wasters and battery wasters. fun for the first few minutes though... :-)

I also updated most of the system apks with newer ones from latest cm zip.

You can also move any of the apps appearing in this list to /data, as any updates by users will go to /data, including the market. So, you will end up with a copy in /system and another copy in /data. I have personally moved market to /data, as that seems to update itself without even asking me!?!

When a new version comes out of toms rom, I pretty much download it and bring the changes that I made from the previous rom to this one (by looking at my changelog. Tom can keep track of the rom by looking at the changelog

That is a waste of resources, its best to keep it all on one page, can you send me a link to the latest system apks, and what phone is the build meant for?, if by n1 you mean nexus one, its best to get them from the hero, because the nexus one is a hdpi device meaning its contains higher resolution icons which means its a bigger file size, the hero however is mdpi like our phone

Thanks for the advice and the link, atm the space issue isnt much of an issue, so can take a back seat, of course if your willing to create a modified gapps which has the apps moved to data then go ahead, as soon as you have uploaded it I will test it out and if it works then ill replace the current gapps with your one

The amount of free space that system has got is 5mb, this includes this rom, gapps and the zeam launcher instead of adw

I would say 5mb is the optimum amount because were not wasting space so if we do move them to data then we will have to find a use for the extra space

Guest Maksim K

Guys,

I'm using the 0.4 rom from Richard for about 2 weeks and it works great. However, there is an interesting glitch: my phone is locked, so previously, when I inserted a SIM card of another carrier, the phone asked me to enter the network unlock code. Now, when I insert another carrier's SIM, it never asks me to enter that code and never connects to the network while all other funtionaity works as usual. Any ideas how can I get the network unlock code prompt?

THanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
Guys,

I'm using the 0.4 rom from Richard for about 2 weeks and it works great. However, there is an interesting glitch: my phone is locked, so previously, when I inserted a SIM card of another carrier, the phone asked me to enter the network unlock code. Now, when I insert another carrier's SIM, it never asks me to enter that code and never connects to the network while all other funtionaity works as usual. Any ideas how can I get the network unlock code prompt?

THanks

I think its down to "keyguard.no_require_sim" in build.prop, its set to true so if you change the value to false it might work

Am I right?

Guest rulerofkaos

The gingerbread keyboard word prediction works only in English for me, has anyone got the same problem? I can activate German in the setting, but the predicted words are English or out of my contacts.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest Maksim K
I think its down to "keyguard.no_require_sim" in build.prop, its set to true so if you change the value to false it might work

Am I right?

Richard,

Thanks for your reply. From what I found on the web, the property you mentioned controls whether it would be allowed to use all the smartphone functionality without simcard. In case it is set to false, then phone shows only the emergency call dialog.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in. Looking forward for any other ideas, and I'll keep searching for the solution myself as well

Cheers