ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
I need to install everything from scratch or just install the new over the existing GAPP through recovery?

and what version of the gapp, Tiny MDPI Tegra HDPI ??

tiny and yes you can try just flashing the gapps

I am comparing it now to see what the difference is between mine and cyanogenmod's

EDIT: vending.apk (Market) in my version of gapps is smaller than the one in tiny gapps, ive put the updated files in the dropbox so others shouldnt have this problem now....hopefully :D

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Downloaderz

How do i get Maps on this rom? I download Gapps but doesnt seem to install maps. Cant find it on the market either if it even is available there.

Guest dark8899
tiny and yes you can try just flashing the gapps

I am comparing it now to see what the difference is between mine and cyanogenmod's

EDIT: vending.apk (Market) in my version of gapps is smaller than the one in tiny gapps, ive put the updated files in the dropbox so others shouldnt have this problem now....hopefully :D

I put the tiny version you say but even still the same fault.

: (

Guest dark8899
How do i get Maps on this rom? I download Gapps but doesnt seem to install maps. Cant find it on the market either if it even is available there.

use market enabler to change you market for other country

Guest dark8899

formatio the sd, I did wipe to the ext.

the problem remains the same, also just realizing that the clock is at the top does not appear

working to repartition...

I just found another problem, I was trying to install rom manager from apk and begin the installation after accepting permits restart the phone.

therefore the problem is not the market ...

Edited by dark8899

Would it be worth including a minimal way to set cpu frequencies and governors in this mod? i found this on cyanogen site? this should eliminate the need to provide multiple kernel o/c versions. just provide a kernel with the theoretical max cpu freq, and allow users to restrict as they please or whatever works on their phone.

Edited by ve100

Guest dark8899
Is the gapps up2date? Cause the new market is missing

off the new market that changed the GAPP but installs the new market and everything works just fine.

also there are several applications within the GAPP that are outdated.

Market_2.2.6.zip

Guest Neo0016

I just installed the new v5 rom.

When I turn wifi on, it tries scanning for wifi networks and then disables wifi automatically.

Does anybody else has this problem?

EDIT: When I explore my Wifi - settings, the phone has no MAC-Address. Any ideas?!?

EDIT2: Can I reset my wifi - settings somehow?

I got it!

SOLUTION: I restored the wifi - settings with Titanium Backup from my previous 2.1 ROM.

These settings where incompatible to the new 2.2 - ROM. I deleted the wpa_supplicant.conf file from the directory /data/misc/wifi

Then wifi comes back and is now up and running!

Edited by Neo0016

Guest timraats84

Hello! I just encountered a problem I hope you people may be able to help me with.

I was on AIO v4 and decided to go to 5. Just to be sure, I did a factory reset. Then, installed the ROM, installed gapps. After the reboot I got the boot loop so I installed the 691mhz kernel. Now, it has been on the black "android" screen for the past half hour. I don't seem to recall it ever taking so long to do the first boot. Is there anything I could have done wrong?

Thanks in advance! By the way, a lot of thanks to all the people working on these roms, they really have made these phones a joy to work with!

Regards, Tim

Guest Eagleman1971

Hi

Just Flashed the AIO v5 on the CM 0.30 straight without any wipe and is working smoothly! Wow!

Then a question:

>> It's safe to remove Gmail.apk (I use K-9) or are there any side-effects? G-Talk is essential for example. I don't need it and it just wasting space and memory.

Yes you can remove it

I am using too the K9 mail program and the gmail keeps on getting started by itself and even if i have the autokill with a task manager prog it is annoying.

is there a way to prevent the autostart of gmail or is necessary to remove it?

In the second case is done by deleting the gmail.apk from the gapps.zio and reflashing it or there is another way?

ok...too many questions here :D

Diego

Guest eckengucker1
off the new market that changed the GAPP but installs the new market and everything works just fine.

also there are several applications within the GAPP that are outdated.

Yep, thank you but my intention was to point out that richard shall update the gapps zip :D

Thank you anyway^^

Guest timraats84

Hi, in addition to my previous post: After 45 minutes it still failed to do anything. I performed a Nandroid restore of the backup I made prior to the update. Now, it is on sort of a loop of the Cyanogen-logo: the logo keeps appearing but nothing is actually happening.

I feel something is very wrong but has anybody got an idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Okay, went back to official 2.1, which is working now. I'll report back after another go with 2.2 :D.

Edited by timraats84

Guest kerbdog

Hi,

I have just flashed this, along with the gapps and 691 kernel. Now am unable to install anything from the Market, the phone reboots once it starts to download.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix it?

Cheers.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I already have it.I just asked!

well you should have known the answer :D, the only way of that getting into the rom would be if I make a deal with the dev or if he makes it free, both are very unlikely to happen anytime soon