ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest dark8899
Ahh damn. Got again the phone force close while call is incoming. Thought clean reinstall would solve the problem. Goddamn is problem sucks.

I had the same problem and use the SetCPU to lower 690 Mhz and not have the problem again

Guest AntonioPT
I think that is a good goal to have, the whole thing about starting over at the beginning.

But what I am confused about now is what exactly are you starting with and what each of the changes you have already made are. Is there a detailed log somewhere of what is happening? I'd love to see that. And thanks to the whole team who are working on this.

And Toti, please be understanding of the decisions not to immediately add each of your latest ideas/hacks/solutions to the mix. You have to admit that sometimes it turns out that those "improvements" cause other unforeseen problems. And there is no way of knowing that until some fairly significant testing is done. Sometimes you are tweaking some fairly significant stuff (lower level) and it's hard to know what the ultimate results will be. And for some of us, "stability" is of extremely high value, even superseding the ability to play the latest game. ;) But I believe all of us appreciate your hard work and contributions, so please keep them coming.

And for whatever reason, I can't get any 710 kernel to work on my phone. So even when I'm testing a rom for myself, I never can be sure it will work for others.

But it's all good fun! ;)

Using git has this advantage, being able to log, view and control what changes are made by who, when and why. You can see all the changes that we already did in the commit tab on the github repo page.

And yes, I fully agree with you, stability is very important for most of us. If richard and toti agree, we should only release the first version of the "new" rom when it's fully tested and stable.

Also, I'll probably compile a 691 mhz kernel with droidwall support today or tomorrow, using starkos' ramdisk as it's the kernel that works for most people.

Guest eckengucker1
I had the same problem and use the SetCPU to lower 690 Mhz and not have the problem again

Interesting but how did you set it to 690? I can set it only to 675 or 691 (which means default clock).

Guest Berndvh

hmmm.. is it just me or was the v5 more stable than the v6 version? i already got 3 reboots today and the battery drains quicker. but somehow the v6 looks a bit faster.

btw does anyone have a good start at developing new android roms and porting. so that i can make my own roms and even help you guys in the near future?

regards.

Guest dark8899
Interesting but how did you set it to 690? I can set it only to 675 or 691 (which means default clock).

Sorry, I mean 691mhz. V6 the default is 710mhz

Guest Richard_Arkless
hmmm.. is it just me or was the v5 more stable than the v6 version? i already got 3 reboots today and the battery drains quicker. but somehow the v6 looks a bit faster.

btw does anyone have a good start at developing new android roms and porting. so that i can make my own roms and even help you guys in the near future?

regards.

no its not just you, v6 was never meant to be released, not until we got the stuff we were in the middle of implementing finished, I have uploaded v5 so if people want to revert back to something more stable then they can just download it and flash it

of course toti has stated that he will be uploading a nandroid backup of his current rom so maybe if it is better I will release it as v7

Could you include these icons for the ROM, they just look kinda sleek and more rounded than the normal stock icons

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-m...emed-icons.html

I've been using those icons (and some like them that I've made myself for more obscure apps) in my launcher. Yeah, I like them too.

I don't know yet what it would take to replace "all" the icons, i.e. everything in the app drawer, but I think it would be an unending task to come up with every icon everyone wants for every app. ;)

Another thing I like is the "Espresso UI (Nest w/ Slide)" ADW Launcher theme. But I'm kinda into symmetry, so I think it looks nice. IIRC, ADW Laucher EX has a feature that adds a curved color box around every icon, but the coloring was a little too random for my taste.

Guest alek_jov

I noticed that when I activated a2sd, swap and cache to sd I get a lot of random restarts while in call, I hope this will help for improving this rom, although it's pretty fast. Regards

Guest Cool3000

Hi,

I installed the Cyanogen mod v6 and v5 several times but i can´t change any colors of the status bar, so i cant see the clock ;)

Can anyone help me pleas?

Guest totiadrenalin
no its not just you, v6 was never meant to be released, not until we got the stuff we were in the middle of implementing finished, I have uploaded v5 so if people want to revert back to something more stable then they can just download it and flash it

of course toti has stated that he will be uploading a nandroid backup of his current rom so maybe if it is better I will release it as v7

I was thinking Yes!

But now I'm thinking to stap back from any other Android Developing or something like that.

I simply don't have free time for doing this.

Now when I get stack with my scripts, I can't release something unfinished.

I simply don't know why on earth i get bootloop when I move the apps and dalvik folder to /sdcard/.a2sd/ and symlink them to /data/

by the way, I was baging for some help with the camera issue.

I get to the core of the problem.

It's not about app bug.

the problem is in libcameraservice.so

I simply nead the original source that Tom was using to build this rom.

But now, if somebody is interested I could point him to what I get, and let him finish the job.

I'm sorry for doing this, but I think that this will the best for all.

By the way!

I get my phone working as I want to now.

And I really don't think so that I'll make any furhter changes on it anymore.

And Richard!

I'll upload the nand backup of my current rom, but I simply don't have the time to remove any apps.

So because of that I'll upload it into my dropbox, and pvt msg you the link of it.

And since I get stack with the scripts it ani't gonna contain my costum scripts.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Berndvh
Once again!

I'm sorry!

you did a great job so far ;) i wish i could take over your work. but that will have to wait sometime. i am trying to become an android dev myself

but the learning curve is so long to create cool stuff like you all did!

thanks for all your hard work!

Guest AdamBaker
Iby the way, I was baging for some help with the camera issue.

I get to the core of the problem.

It's not about app bug.

the problem is in libcameraservice.so

I simply nead the original source that Tom was using to build this rom.

Toti, could you please post a description of what you believe is the problem - Tom keeps promising he will eventually post his source code so it would be good to know what to fix if you aren't available to help when he does.

I wonder how you guys, handle problem with small amount of memory - after install gapps and maybe 3-4 other apps which like skype or something phone is crying that its out of memory ;) (of course I have micro sd card and I try to put everything there but still every next app is like a puzzle ;) )

Guest dark8899

you have installed this rom?. by that I have installed a lot of aplicaiones (skype, doctogo, waze, andgry bird, fruit ninja, 3 more games, and 10 apps +..) and I still have plenty of space...

Guest Sebarro
which is the link to your dropbox?

I have the same question....

and dqrk8899: i had that problem with v5 but no more with v6

Edited by Sebarro