ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest calculate

Installing v7 is no problem if first, after full wipe, UK_Update is installed (as an Update, not Zip-Installer).

But I haven't seen any positiv (except a filemager) modifications, no Super-User-Rights (for Titanium Backup),

no Terminal, so I decide to restore v6.

ciao. calculate

Guest rimmer74
I had the same problem until I wiped the phone and resetted it to factory settings. After that the update worked just fine.

I too found that this was the only way to install this without the error as stated earlier. Using it now with Zeam launcher and all seems very fast and stable so far. Good work everybody involved thankyou!

sorry its google translate

but I really liked what I found in CM v7.

u8230 "home" key. from the "back"has been moved to "trackball"

"search"has been moved to "long-Back Press

I found the differences between three files.

\ system \ usr \ keylayout "

"qwerty"

"Sapphire-Keypad

"surf_keypad"

232 and 102 have been adjusted.

toti, sorry i have been v.busy and away from this forum. i think it's time for job hunting again. so i can't really hack my phone and possibly be without reception for any length of time.

i agree with you that camera.apk is probably not our problem. it is the same camera.apk that works on all others. as long as we use the same framework, all apks should work similarly. the cpp is not specific to any device, and so i don't suspect any problem with that, but how our rom/kernel/driver calls the hardware. i suspect kernel/driver. in one of my other threads, i have listed a lot of kernel messages, and my interpretation. perhaps that could give some clues.

i also agree with you that the fault could possibly lie with camera service, or rather how it is called. if you look at other cyanogen roms, there seems to be a "camera client" in the system libs, but i see none in this rom. how does a service work without a client? i think this could be our issue!

i hope some of you would have more succes than me. does anyone know, if the .so files in /system/lib are device specific? i tried to port the camera client from one of the other mdpi cm6 roms, but i wasn't successful. :-(

So if Vignette works, is it possible to compare the "standard" way the rom works with what Vignette does differently to find the problem? I don't have the requisite skills to do that, but maybe one of you does.

Guest totiadrenalin
No root acces with v7..... WI-FI not tested yet...

Everything else very good =)

I don't why you guy have no root acces?

I had root acces before doing the backup.

But no problem simply flash the file below.

The terminal emulator was on tge ext partition richard. As well as the CMWallppapers.apk

The kernel is from your version6 rom.

Also I add only one fully working script that will force the system to keep at least 25 mb free ram.

So if you have activated swap or compcsche it'll cache the apps to swap and still keep 25mb ree ram, and if not?

well no multitask then.

The lowmemory killer will kill the background apps to keep 25m. of ram free.

With those changings I get super fast respond when starting new apps. even when nultitasking.

I had also oher script, but since I couldn't fibish it I rwmove it.

The problem of tha script was:

If you don't have ext partiton it was moving the apps and dalvij cahce folders to hidden folder. a2sd in sdcard.

But for some steange reason I couldn't find the reason why the system doesn't mount the sdcard on time.

I even try with command

mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard, the system it self umount the sdcard right after my script mount it, and even after the Os boot then nounting it.

In that multufunctional scrip I include CPU controll and some other extra stuffs like swap activator and controll.

But aince it was all in one, I had to remove all for one issue.

Best regards

TOTI

su_2.3.1_ef_signed.zip

does cm6 aio v7 has a file manager, like "andexplorer" or a app for "sd card moving"?

does now the market are included ?

questions:

i have installed several sd appz for a long time...

which app transmite the os that all appz now are installed on sd card and not on phone memory...i didnt't found the app at the moment...

"ap2sdfree" and "movetosd" is the wrong app...

thanks...

Edited by everal

Guest trained_killa

I am having problems installing this ROM. I went back to T_Mobile 2.1. Installed CW 2.5.0.4. and still the same problem. After successfully flashing the FW I start it then it will go back to recovery menu again. This happened with partitions without partitions. i am not clear as to what is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks

trained_killa

Guest Fulcrum_X

I'm still on CM6 0.40 but I am getting sick of all the lost text messages I still experience.

I have been playing around with different performance settings and have a 32MB SWAP partition on my class 2 SD-card (don't use Apps2SD). Along with the overclocked kernel, different performance settings and with the messaging app kept in memory it runs very smooth, but I always keep missing text messages ;)

Weird enough I don't see others having the same problem here, I'm really desperate at the moment! Does anybody has an idea how I can fix this?

Sadly I'm going back to 1.5 to see if I still miss text messages, I will really miss 2.2 ;)

Edit: I'm trying to downgrade with the time machine update now..

Edited by Fulcrum_X

I'm still on CM6 0.40 but I am getting sick of all the lost text messages I still experience.

I have been playing around with different performance settings and have a 32MB SWAP partition on my class 2 SD-card (don't use Apps2SD). Along with the overclocked kernel, different performance settings and with the messaging app kept in memory it runs very smooth, but I always keep missing text messages ;)

Weird enough I don't see others having the same problem here, I'm really desperate at the moment! Does anybody has an idea how I can fix this?

Sadly I'm going back to 1.5 to see if I still miss text messages, I will really miss 2.2 :D

Edit: I'm trying to downgrade with the time machine update now..

You have lost some text message although you have enabled the stay-in-RAM-tweak in CM for the SMS-App? If yes, that's really strange and should not happen.

Edit: "should not". Normally a mobile phone should never lost some texts ;).

Edited by Ellia