ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

ok just message antonioPT and he will add you as a contributer to git

what im planning with this rom is to have a new name so think up any names (it has to have cm in it), also I want to get the latest cm6 rom ported to the pulse and we will build off that, I have tried myself and I have failed, im not ready for rom porting ;)

maybe in the process with us building off something other than toms rom we will finally fix the camera and the wifi sleep issue

How about "TheCMRomWe'veAllBeenWaitingFor". ;)

It would be spectacular to fix those last few bugs! :D

I can't download anything, it says that the Dropbox account is generating too much public traffic and has therefore been disabled (Error (509)). Mirror, please? ;)

Edited by Proz0r

Guest dimben1

Please,

I do not manage to delete(eliminate) sure " apps ", my telephone says to me that the memory and full, but me cannot delete the apps that I do not use(get),

help me please,

THANK YOU

OK, thanks, I've managed to download, but now every time I boot and come to the screen with the keyboard testing, it FC's. I try to advance past that screen and I get a message saying the process com.huawei.SetupWizardEx has stopped working. I did do a full wipe and tried rewiping and then reflashing 4 times and it still occurs. Is there a way to completely disable that part and go straight to my homescreen?

Edited by Proz0r

Guest c.duarte
OK, thanks, I've managed to download, but now every time I boot and come to the screen with the keyboard testing, it FC's. I try to advance past that screen and I get a message saying the process com.huawei.SetupWizard has stopped working. I did do a full wipe and tried rewiping and then reflashing 4 times and it still occurs. Is there a way to completely disable that part and go straight to my homescreen?

Can you please tell me how did you download the files?

Thank's in advance

Edited by c.duarte

Guest oOBENJYOo
Can you please tell me how did you download the files?

Thank's in advance

Choose the copy to my dropbox option top right...if you have dropbox..if not install it....then highlight the file in your dropbox...right mouse click download file ;)

Edited by oOBENJYOo

Hi, I just installed the v7 which has made my phone run so much better in almost every way. However the problem is that it isn't actually connecting to a network anymore and if I go to "Mobile Networks" in the wireless and network settings it crashes to the base screen :/. Any advice here? Have I broken it? ;)

Note: Connects to wifi absolutely fine, its the T-mobile network it isn't finding.

Edited by Mithra

Guest adrianopedro
Hi, I just installed the v7 which has made my phone run so much better in almost every way. However the problem is that it isn't actually connecting to a network anymore and if I go to "Mobile Networks" in the wireless and network settings it crashes to the base screen :/. Any advice here? Have I broken it? ;)

Me too.. I can not connect to my wifi network... reverting to v6..

Can someone post a link for the V6 version?

Regards,

AP

Edited by adrianopedro

OK, thanks, I've managed to download, but now every time I boot and come to the screen with the keyboard testing, it FC's. I try to advance past that screen and I get a message saying the process com.huawei.SetupWizardEx has stopped working. I did do a full wipe and tried rewiping and then reflashing 4 times and it still occurs. Is there a way to completely disable that part and go straight to my homescreen?

Please guys, I have tried everything, including erasing packages that could have something to do with this, like Setupwizard.apk and still nothing works...

Guest rulerofkaos

I'm getting a bootloop with v7. BTW has anyone downloaded Toti's pre-alpha rom from Richard's Dropbox and can set a mirror? I would like to check the dalvik heapsize tweaks Toti mentioned.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hello!

I have a mirror to the file.

Thanks, added to the front page

ive added a poll so people answer it

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks, added to the front page

ive added a poll so people answer it

I vote for v5!

But why?!!

The only reason is because I don't like v6, and for some strange reason people reporting issues whith v7 which i hadn't before making the nandroid backup which i gave to Ricard.

And something else!

I'll try to add my changings on the v5 rom and send it to Richard.

But I really thing so that Richard should remove v6 and v7. And only post the link of v5.

And start it over.

Best regards

Toti

Guest totiadrenalin

Now I get it!

If you guys are using the UK 2.1 update, you will never get this rom working.

Because the system will get overloaded.

And of course you will get bootloop or some issues.

I was using, and still using the Hungary update.

And one of the differents between Hu and UK is the partitions sizes.

In he Hungary Update /syste=110MB and /data=80MB

In UK Update /system=100MB and /data/=80MB

And I use up 108MB of the system memory.

In that case you will mostly get bootloop or at least some issues with the UK update.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest Fulcrum_X
Now I get it!

In that case you will mostly get bootloop or at least some issues with the UK update.

Best regards

TOTI

And what about the German 2.1 update? Or does that one has even less space on system..?

Guest Richard_Arkless

ok v5 has been re-added to the dropbox

ok now the bad news, im going to stop development of this rom and take a break, one request I want to make is that someone please continue after me as the pulse is a great phone for its time and deserves to stay alive a little bit longer even if the greats like paul or flb has left it to die (I still got hope that tom will return to save the day)

Hopefully someone will get cm6 final or perhaps cm7 ported and working great

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest piretia

ok now the bad news, im going to stop development of this rom and take a break, one request I want to make is that someone please continue after me as the pulse is a great phone for its time and deserves to stay alive a little bit longer even if the greats like paul or flb has left it to die (I still got hope that tom will return to save the day)

clockworkmod installed the 3.0.0.5 and now does not reboot into recovery.

someone help me??

Guest Sonnengel
Now I get it!

Best regards

TOTI

Hi Toti!! Can you post the link of the Hungary ROM??

Because i only have the UK ROM and i'm not sure if the link of the hungary i found is the correct one...

(Sorry for my english XD)

Guest totiadrenalin

I do really respect your decision.

But as I already said, I really have no free time to retrieve your place.

As so far, I will be active, but to create ROMs? I do not know how much I will be free in time to do that?

However.

So far I honestly gave my best for our Pulse

The only reason why does the xda-devs and cyanogenmod guys create such a great roms?

the only answeris:

Well, Very well organized team!

Best regards

TOTI

Guest eckengucker1

Ah, the last one besides Toti has gone. Such a pity.

BTW: My rom version r6 runs now absolutely smooth and is fast responding. The best rom I ever had (I tried every rom since Pauls 1.5)

My settings are:

ROM cm6-aio v6

Clean install without any settings from previous ROMs

UK update

Class6 card

692 mhz kernel

*SetCPU 245-692mhz ondemand

32m vm-heap

26% compcache

JIT activated

Home/MMS-app in memory

DtA2SD active

Launcher Pro

*lowmem-optimum

*cachesd

*swappy is standart

Try it your self.

Et tu, Richard? :huh:

But seriously, I don't hold anything against anyone who moves on. This "old" phone has already been pushed far beyond what I believed was possible. With the current state of Froyo, there are workable solutions to almost everything:

Blade Wifi Fix takes care of the Wifi reconnect issue.

Lowering the camera resolution or installing Vignette takes care of the Camera bug.

I don't hear "anyone" complaining about the lack of front-facing camera. (What, the phone has a front facing camera?!!) :P

But I wish we could solve the MAC address problem for those who can't do without it.

That's not too bad. And on the positives, we've got:

Froyo Cyanogemod

OC kernels

Swap to extend the ram.

Apps2SD to extend the app space.

That's far more than I ever expected!

But, having said all of that, I really wish that Tom would either release the CM6 final for us or release the code he's got so far and let someone else do it. I don't want to appear ungrateful, but it seems odd that he hasn't been willing to do either. Maybe there are things I still don't understand, but either of those requests doesn't seem unreasonable to me. :D