ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest totiadrenalin
installed "CM6_Gingersyle_b1-140.zip" and "Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 03" and it started...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940

attached a2sd check log.

with "Version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04" can't reboot.

I'm sorry for the very late respond.

But I was out all day long.

I just arive at home right now!

So, I will but back the old dta2sd in both roms.

And Because tomorrow I'm going out of my country - Business Trip, and I won't get home untill sunday night, I won't be abble to perform any updates this weekend.

But don't be worry!

I fount the reason why the front facing button lights doesn't work with this rom.

But expect further updates untill monday.

I finish my script for changing display density from terminal, but haven't test it yet.

So expect that to untill Monday.

Regarding to Camera?

I wrote fiew post above.

Regarding to reboots while calling?

Well the main reason is a dta2sd bug, combined with my lowmem-killer tweak.

So I'll put a easy lowmem tweak remover script in my next update.

I'd really like to remove the bug in my costum a2sd script.

So I'll remove dta2sd from the rom for good!

But I can't promisse this.

I'm so bussy so I don't know if I could find free time enough?!!

By the way!

If somebody thinks that He shouldn't wait thаt log for some update in the rom, or something like that!

I'd really like some help here!

Although I don't have absolutely no free time, I caught up to replace Richard's place.

Simpli flash this - dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta03-signed.zip

And the phone will boot with no problems

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Regarding to reboots while calling?

Well the main reason is a dta2sd bug, combined with my lowmem-killer tweak.

So I'll put a easy lowmem tweak remover script in my next update.

I'd really like to remove the bug in my costum a2sd script.

So I'll remove dta2sd from the rom for good!

Toti, I'm not sure you are correct in your conclusion. I have been running with your lowmem script for the past two days. I haven't gotten a huge amount of calls, but I have not again had the reboot issue. And, again, I can not think of any logical reason why your settings would cause that to happen. They are not significantly different than some of the DT lowmem settings.

FYI, the DT Apps2SD script is installed as 10apps2sd by version 2.7.5.2, at least in each of the roms I have installed lately. So your script needs to be 11lowmem or higher to work with the standard install (but probably not 20, as that is 20userinit). I renamed it 12lowmem, and as I said, I haven't had any problems for two days.

But I'm still not convinced one way or the other that there is a problem/bug in DT Apps2SD 2.7.5.2. It seems to be working great for me.

But in case there is a bug, I simply don't change the lowmem settings there, and installed your script instead. So thank you for that.

Edited by twrock

Guest sporting_exodus

The latest rom is great, much quicker.

However, I need to move the cache to sd to give me more memory space for apps, but Terminal Emulator won't let me access a2sd (typing 'su' gives a 'Permission Denied' message) and if I type 'a2sd cachesd' then the phone reboots.

I've updated superuser to the latest release, but this didn't help. Any ideas?

Guest AntonioPT
Why i can't flash my U8230? Only fail.

I also have an U8230 and no rom has ever failed to flash on my phone: FLB, J-Mod, stock T-Mobile, Froyo, CM, everyone flashed just well.

Do you have an official 2.1 update applied? Because I think you can't flash this rom over stock 1.5.

It's just so nice to see someone thanking you on a foreign forum :P I'm glad my work helps people all around the world!

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest totiadrenalin
I also have an U8230 and no rom has ever failed to flash on my phone: FLB, J-Mod, stock T-Mobile, Froyo, CM, everyone flashed just well.

Do you have an official 2.1 update applied? Because I think you can't flash this rom over stock 1.5.

It's just so nice to see someone thanking you on a foreign forum :P I'm glad my work helps people all around the world!

Hi there folks.

Im back home. Tomorrow you will get a update, with working front fasingbuttons lights.

Also I'm getting close to the mac address bug. So i just hope so that I will fix that but tomorrow.

About the camera.

I thing so that Tom include the Uk 2.1 lib's.

Guest piretia
Hi there folks.

Im back home. Tomorrow you will get a update, with working front fasingbuttons lights.

Also I'm getting close to the mac address bug. So i just hope so that I will fix that but tomorrow.

About the camera.

good work

Guest totiadrenalin
good work

And one more thing.

Is here some java developer that could port a applications?

The 2.1 camera and gallery.apk and galleryStorage.apk?

to froyo?

In taht case using the 2.1 uk libs will get fully working camera.

It's just so nice to see someone thanking you on a foreign forum :D I'm glad my work helps people all around the world!

:D Bonsoir,

Thank you all for your work that allows us to rejuvenate our Huawei U8230.

Very good job,

Hello from France and thank you again.

Guest totiadrenalin
:D Bonsoir,

Thank you all for your work that allows us to rejuvenate our Huawei U8230.

Very good job,

Hello from France and thank you again.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to run several tests and ZTE racer htc wild fire.

And I was left disappointed with both phones.

Racer has 256MB RAM and ROM memory. OK.

600MHZ CPU.

Adreno 200 GPU graphics.

But when I tried to test a hardcore game?

Like angry birds, or nfs shift?

You can not imagine what I got.

I can not believe it!

Boxes!!!

That's what I got.

Absolutely the same thing happened with HTC WildFire.

Both were with the official Android rom.

I wasn't interested about Racer, so I continued to test the WildFire.

I sent it via bluetooth the z4root.apk

Temporary got Super User.

Sent the RootExplorer.apk

And I've tried a little to hack the phone.

First I tried to enable hardware acceleration in build.prop

But still nothing.

Furthermore.

As the phone need to remain with unchanged android, I couldn't install costum roms.

But on the other hand, I installed a terminal emulator, I perform backup of the boot.img in sdcard. And I download cm6.1.1-ROM for Wildfire and Desire. I extract boot.img, I flash boot.img cm6 from terminal, sent setcpu.apk and install.

I try to overklock, but in the end, however I got nothing.

Boxes, and 2-3 FPS.

I activate jit in build.prop.

Again nothing.

And yet I can not believe one thing!

Is it possible that pulse can play games way much better than HTC WildFire?

Indeed wildfire is extremely fast.

Yet in comparison with our hardware?

The Wildfire should literally eat pulse.

But it does not happen in every case

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Sorry for posting this here!

But I'm booting the honeycomb sdk on my phone right now!

I'll make new thread for that!

Edited by totiadrenalin

That's impossible, dude

...or should I say, Improbable :D

Guest Yohimbin

Hello!

I've an U8230 with this rom (v7),and my phone cannot connect to my wifi router.Previously I had the Tom's 0.40,and it had no problems.Now,if I want to connect (with or without security),it signs me to obtaining the IP address,then disconnecting. No,it's not the "wifi is off,when the phone sleeps" problem :D

And just a little thing...when i turn back the phone from sleep,the network indicator shows always no/lost network on status bar.

Sry,if this problems were written,but I didn't find them.

Guest Sebarro
Hi there folks.

About the camera.

Is it done or not yet??

I'm a user of 0.40 beta 4 for some time (my first custom ROM) and it is truly wonderful how much my more responsive my phone is. Most issues I've been able to solve via this excellent thread, like the wi-fi Blade fix. A couple of things though I still can't fix and suspect there are are some easy tips to get them working:

1. Most annoying of all is when I'm playing a video in the stock media player I can't back out of playback to the list of items I chose from! Pressing the back button just brings the control buttons up again (rewind, fast forward etc) but doesn't actually back you out of the playing video or audio. The only way out at that point is to long-press home and go back into the app again from the start. Suspect this may only affect the stock player, but I do use that and also Beebplayer uses it - once you're playing something in Beebplayer you can't get back into the app at all until you kill the process and restart! I suspect there's something obvious I'm missing here... but it's maddening when the kids don't want to watch what you've just put on!

2. I noticed a few people mentioning that rotation is flaky. I find that too. It'll work fine until the screen goes to sleep while rotated. Then it's stuck rotated and I have to reboot. I've had to turn it off altogether, but hope there's a fix?

3. Finally, is there a way to stop the Pulse turning off - so, a sleep killer? I can't find anything (that works at least) in the settings...

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this. I'm keeping an eye on B7, and future improvements on the front-facing camera in particular.

J

Guest totiadrenalin

I repack the ram disk from honeycomb,

split bootimg from gingerbread

preplace the ramdisk with the ramdisk from honecomb.

mkbootimg and Now I'm trying wonce again.

I hope so that I'll get a boot up.

I'm considering to unyaffs the system.img and make some changes in build.prop

like the dansity=160

and the device.name

If I get the honeycomb bootup on my phone I gonna create a new thread for that!

EDIT:

This time I get stack on the ANDROID boot logo!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest AntonioPT
I'm a user of 0.40 beta 4 for some time (my first custom ROM) and it is truly wonderful how much my more responsive my phone is. Most issues I've been able to solve via this excellent thread, like the wi-fi Blade fix. A couple of things though I still can't fix and suspect there are are some easy tips to get them working:

1. Most annoying of all is when I'm playing a video in the stock media player I can't back out of playback to the list of items I chose from! Pressing the back button just brings the control buttons up again (rewind, fast forward etc) but doesn't actually back you out of the playing video or audio. The only way out at that point is to long-press home and go back into the app again from the start. Suspect this may only affect the stock player, but I do use that and also Beebplayer uses it - once you're playing something in Beebplayer you can't get back into the app at all until you kill the process and restart! I suspect there's something obvious I'm missing here... but it's maddening when the kids don't want to watch what you've just put on!

2. I noticed a few people mentioning that rotation is flaky. I find that too. It'll work fine until the screen goes to sleep while rotated. Then it's stuck rotated and I have to reboot. I've had to turn it off altogether, but hope there's a fix?

3. Finally, is there a way to stop the Pulse turning off - so, a sleep killer? I can't find anything (that works at least) in the settings...

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this. I'm keeping an eye on B7, and future improvements on the front-facing camera in particular.

J

I also suffer from problem no.1... :D

About 3, why would you ever want your Pulse's screen always on? That would kill the battery in a matter of few hours!

Guest AntonioPT

like the dansity=160

and the device.name

EDIT:

I don't think there's much point in replacing the ramdisk with honeycomb's, doesn't the init.rc do hardware and driver-specific stuff?

Guest piretia

like the dansity=160

and the device.name

EDIT:

any update today?