ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest iKrautDroid
Interesting, I might add that

EDIT: I dont like the whole new layout, ill look for a solution, maybe use the camera button as home/recent apps

What do people think, the camera button is less of a sacrifice than losing use of the dpad_center

Please do that soon. i want multitasking!

Guest zed2012

Will the lock screen not be under framework? - sorry am not sure as am not a developer, have just disocvered you can auto install your apps if you put them in the system/app folder B)

I don't use rom managed just clockwork by booting into the blue screen and running the dos file.

It freezes in clockwork, it happens randomally, I couldn't even get it to nandroid restore before it restarts.

I have now tried it with another SD card - still the same problem.

Currently am back to the stock t-mobile 2.1 rom.

thanks,

Guest zed2012

I have now managed to get this installed by using the Clockwork image from the link show below, the one I found here was larger in size for some reason - I no longer get the freezing in Clockwork.

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockw...very-image.html

BUT, once installed my phone does NOT boot. T-mobile logo shows up, then blank screen for a short while and then reboots and keeps looping. Tom G's 6.1 works fine ??

thanks,

Guest Richard_Arkless
I have now managed to get this installed by using the Clockwork image from the link show below, the one I found here was larger in size for some reason - I no longer get the freezing in Clockwork.

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockw...very-image.html

BUT, once installed my phone does NOT boot. T-mobile logo shows up, then blank screen for a short while and then reboots and keeps looping. Tom G's 6.1 works fine ??

thanks,

try booting without the sd card in

Guest suriya83

I use the Power button as menu button. once the phone is on there is no need for power button

i can turn my phone off by long pressing the end call button

Edited by suriya83

Guest stealthstealer

yeah the 140 density looks nice but loads of stuff doesnt work with it unfortunately so the update will be welcome

also how can i install touchpal on this?

the original .zip for the normal CM6 doesnt do anything when flashed

B)

Guest Richard_Arkless
yeah the 140 density looks nice but loads of stuff doesnt work with it unfortunately so the update will be welcome

also how can i install touchpal on this?

the original .zip for the normal CM6 doesnt do anything when flashed

B)

the best way I can think of fixing this problem would be to download lcd density changer by beansoft (not free), this has an option compatibility mode where it will stretch the interface to the full size, does anyone know whether there is a build.prop option which does the same thing

I have found touchpal and have put it on the list of things to add to the next version

Oh and today I went to go see harry potter (grew up with it so its nice to see it almost end) so I havent had chance to post the optional update which restores the density to 160, and im really tired and just want to relax (started to watch the walking dead online) so I promise ill do this tomorrow as soon as I wake up, ok :)

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Just flashed r2 and the phone restarts itself every time after about a minute. I thought at first it was to do with syncing as it always happened when the icon was in the top panel, but I disabled it and it still restarted.

Happens even without using the phone after booting - restarts from lock screen

The restart doesn't seem to be a full one: it only takes about 20s to get to the lock screen - perhaps the part where the screen brightens and the keys light up.

Anyone else seeing this?

Upgrade path:

Hungarian 2.1 > Swedish Tre 2.1 > FLB 2 > CM6 r3 > CM6 AIO r2

Edited by KenBW2

Guest Richard_Arkless
Just flashed r2 and the phone restarts itself every time after about a minute. I thought at first it was to do with syncing as it always happened when the icon was in the top panel, but I disabled it and it still restarted.

The restart doesn't seem to be a full one: it only takes about 20s to get to the lock screen - perhaps the part where the screen brightens and the keys light up.

Anyone else seeing this?

Upgrade path:

You can try lowering the cpu back down to 691mhz

oh and did you wipe after switching from flb 2 to cm6

Guest Richard_Arkless

Anyone else seeing this?

Upgrade path:

EDIT: sorry about the double post, the website stopped working for like a minute so I clicked the post button again

How do I reduce the CPU? I can't keep the phone alive long enough for this

Yes, wiped before every rom

Guest flip360

I had reboots with the 710MHz kernel had to revert back to starkos`s 691 patched one and now thing are humming along. Also noticed that JIT becomes a hog after some time so i turned that off B) One question though: Does the wififix work? I saw it in /data but i dont see the .apk installed anywhere, is it some kind of system service?

Cheers

Guest iKrautDroid
I had reboots with the 710MHz kernel had to revert back to starkos`s 691 patched one and now thing are humming along. Also noticed that JIT becomes a hog after some time so i turned that off B) One question though: Does the wififix work? I saw it in /data but i dont see the .apk installed anywhere, is it some kind of system service?

Cheers

I see your a high ranked member and i really dont care about reboots so could you please give me a 780 mhz oc kernel for cm6.

I opended my own thread on it to so it would be fine if you post something helpful there.

Guest iKrautDroid

EDIT: sorry about the double post, the website stopped working for like a minute so I clicked the post button again

Could you please include a 780 mhz oc kernel soon. i want some smooth gaming!

Guest eljefehall
does anyone know whether there is a build.prop option which does the same thing

To change the LCD density on build.prop use ro.sf.lcd_density=140 or ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Guest Richard_Arkless
To change the LCD density on build.prop use ro.sf.lcd_density=140 or ro.sf.lcd_density=160

No I know how to change the lcd density but there is an option in the app lcd density changer that scales apps full screen that dont normally do it by default but leaves black bars around the app's interface

That is the main problem with my rom as because Ive set it to 140 some apps dont scale to its full size

oh and I appoligise to the people that were requesting for a modified build.prop that has the normal lcd density, I was over my nans from 10-12 then as soon as I got home someone rang me asking me to fix their pc so I went over and didnt get back till 4 (backed up pc, reinstalled xp, copied everything back over, they then asked me at the wrong time whether they can have windows 7 so had to backup and restore...again B) but this time I put all their data on a seperate partition so when they break it all I need to do is format the windows parition and not worry about the data), then had a lazy day of it then

Could you please include a 780 mhz oc kernel soon. i want some smooth gaming!

I dont think its possible to overclock to 780 as my phone goes on a rebooting spree on a 748mhz cpu

Guest Richard_Arkless

Cheers

Yea wififix is a service so no app on the app menu

not for me. but i can live with this

I cant remember but I think I had to hide it from the task manager as when I killed all tasks it also killed this service so stopped working afterwards

Guest superfremo
Lo que no te entiendo?, Si usted tiene alguna pregunta, solo pregunte y nosotros haremos nuestro mejor esfuerzo para ayudar a todas las formas posibles

El poder de Google Translate :P

English version

What dont you understand?, if you have any questions then just ask and we will do our best to help you any way possible

The power of google translate :D

hello Richard_Arkless, thanks for your help traying to understand me, I want to know if it will be a next release, I dont understand what are you talking about ¿?

hola Richard_Arkless, muchas gracias por tu ayuda en tratar de que yo entienda, quisiera saber si habrá una nueva versión, ya que no entiendo mucho de lo que hablan en este hilo.

ps: I am very happy with my huawei 8220 and this rom on my phone, its amazing!

pd: estoy muy feliz con mi huawei 8220 y esta rom en mi teléfono, es fantástico!

Guest Richard_Arkless
hello Richard_Arkless, thanks for your help traying to understand me, I want to know if it will be a next release, I dont understand what are you talking about ¿?

hola Richard_Arkless, muchas gracias por tu ayuda en tratar de que yo entienda, quisiera saber si habrá una nueva versión, ya que no entiendo mucho de lo que hablan en este hilo.

ps: I am very happy with my huawei 8220 and this rom on my phone, its amazing!

pd: estoy muy feliz con mi huawei 8220 y esta rom en mi teléfono, es fantástico!

Español, Inglés traducciones a continuación

Sí habrá otra versión, que planea lanzar una posible próxima semana si no estoy ocupado, pero será una pequeña actualización porque el desarrollo de la rom principal ha terminado por lo que no será mucho los cambios o correcciones, porque la estabilidad no es un problema de hardware compatibilidad

ENGLISH

Yes there will be another release, I plan on releasing one possibly next week if im not busy but it will be a small update because development of the main rom has ended so there wont be much changes or fixes because stability is not an issue, hardware compatibility is

Guest superfremo

thanks!!!

I will be waiting!

eeehhh. some aplications dont work on fullscreen on my phone...

example: "the sims 3" game, "startup cleaner pro"

is a known problem?

AND THANKS FOR YOUR WORK!!

I AM REALLY HAPPY WITH THIS ROM ON MY PHONE!!! :P

Guest iKrautDroid
Hi I recently I decided to try cm6 and twrock provided an easy tutorial on what things to install and also what fixes, I tried this an found it to take a while to get it up and running so I decided to put it all into one rom so its easier for people and myself included when I want to start afresh, first I asked on whether to include it on front page but then I reconsidered and thought it would be better to seperate them so it wont cause any confusion

Changelog

r2 (No wipe required)

jit enabled

Compcache highered to 26%

vmheapsize highered to 24mb

Removed gapps for legality reasons

Replaced kernel with starkos 710mhz kernel (A2sd now works for me with this kernel, dunno why it wasnt working with the 691 and 748mhz one)

included blade wifi fix to fix reconnect issues

Scroll wheel, red and green buttons dont wake the device from sleep

r1

Starkos' overclocked kernel

starkos' gallery, soundrecorder and camera autofocus fix

fibble's modified gapps

Darktremor apps2sd

the lcd density has been reduced from 160 to 140, thinks look much nicer now

Main stuff

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/64pj6xdqx391ma7/update.zip?dl=1

Latest gapps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ion/Google_Apps

OR

FLB version (maps moved to data): http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/gapp...1020-signed.zip

Optional stuff

starkos' 691mhz kernel (for people who find 710 unstable or not working at all), download

To do

Add various tweaks to improve performance and also fixes that I find

Find t9 dialer

Could you please post the 710 mhz kernel as a flashable zip?

thanks in advance

Guest iKrautDroid
it is in the rom by default

Im aware of that.

No offence, but I dont want to set up your rom just right now, i only want the kernel.

That brings me to my second question, do i have to factory reset my phone before flashing a .zip kernel.

Please post it!

Thanks in advance

iKrautDroid

Guest Richard_Arkless
Im aware of that.

No offence, but I dont want to set up your rom just right now, i only want the kernel.

That brings me to my second question, do i have to factory reset my phone before flashing a .zip kernel.

Please post it!

Thanks in advance

iKrautDroid

no you dont need to wipe before flashing the kernel, ive posted the 710mhz kernel on the first page now