ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest iKrautDroid
no you dont need to wipe before flashing the kernel, ive posted the 710mhz kernel on the first page now

Thanks so much. Just installedit and it works like a charm. Another request:

Please include the 748 mhz kernel (for the idiots who want to try it).

Thanks in advance!

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks so much. Just installedit and it works like a charm. Another request:

Please include the 748 mhz kernel (for the idiots who want to try it).

Thanks in advance!

Done

Guest iKrautDroid
Done

Thanks so much. Im runnin 729mhz and iy works like a charm. No reboots yet!

Might push to 748 but Im happy with 729 for now.

Edit: Runnin 748

And no reboots yet.

Edit2: Surfed, tweeted, mailed, played fruit ninja and more...

Still no reboots!

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest SavvyLogic

Installed this ROM with GApps from Cyanogenmod link. No marketplace.

Reinstalled with FLB GApps for Pulse. Everything works fine now. Phone is very smooth and most apps work fine.

Guest Richard_Arkless
my phone works fine with FLB GApps for pulse, all the apps is ok now :P

Yea I think there is a bug in the latest gapps

About my rom, I will release a new one based on the next version of toms port which should be soon considering hes back

Any requests anyone?

Ive added touchpal so that solves one request and I tried the 2.1 t9 dialer on 2.2 and it crashes so I will need to try and find another one

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest igor_anta
Yea I think there is a bug in the latest gapps

About my rom, I will release a new one based on the next version of toms port which should be soon considering hes back

Any requests anyone?

Ive added touchpal so that solves one request and I tried the 2.1 t9 dialer on 2.2 and it crashes so I will need to try and find another one

Damn, that answers one question :P So the Huawei dialer is not working? I intended to try that out but was too lazy to do so. You did copy ContactProvider.apk as well right, that should be included for the dialer to work. I tried a ton of Market T9 dialers and none of them are satisfying, too slow and ugly. Maybe the Blade\SF dialer can work?

Good job with the ROM, makes it easier for people that don't know all the ropes around here to have all the little extras that are available. Cheers!

Guest Richard_Arkless
Damn, that answers one question :P So the Huawei dialer is not working? I intended to try that out but was too lazy to do so. You did copy ContactProvider.apk as well right, that should be included for the dialer to work. I tried a ton of Market T9 dialers and none of them are satisfying, too slow and ugly. Maybe the Blade\SF dialer can work?

Good job with the ROM, makes it easier for people that don't know all the ropes around here to have all the little extras that are available. Cheers!

oh right I just copied over the phone.apk, I will try now

Guest igor_anta
oh right I just copied over the phone.apk, I will try now

Oh, no, no. The Phone.apk has nothing to do with it, you should copy Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. The dialer and call log are in Contacts.apk and the other one comes sorta like a additional data I guess. Waiting for results :P

Guest Richard_Arkless
Oh, no, no. The Phone.apk has nothing to do with it, you should copy Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. The dialer and call log are in Contacts.apk and the other one comes sorta like a additional data I guess. Waiting for results :P

ok thanks just reflashed with the modified contacts and contacts provider and it still force closes when I first turn on the phone

the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

:D

I would say our best bet would be to find a 2.2 t9 dialer that definitely works with the cyanogenmod version for the hero and then put it in our phone

Finally got round to installing CM6 AIO r2 this weekend - thanks to all involved in producing this ROM

One question - I have a 32Mb swap partition on my SD Card, but the 'free' command reports 59460 total swap - is this due to Compcache ? (I've not changed any of the Cyanogen Mod Performance settings from what they were set to in this ROM)

Thanks,

Guest Richard_Arkless
Finally got round to installing CM6 AIO r2 this weekend - thanks to all involved in producing this ROM

One question - I have a 32Mb swap partition on my SD Card, but the 'free' command reports 59460 total swap - is this due to Compcache ? (I've not changed any of the Cyanogen Mod Performance settings from what they were set to in this ROM)

Thanks,

I got the same outcome, could very well be, though im not complaining as it does feel more snappier with 26% compcache :P

Explanation of what compcache is and does http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...p_and_Compcache

Guest scoobydoo99

Hi, I'm on FLB 1.5. Reading the post, for me it seems like this is a simple, Nandroid backup, ROM and GAPPS to SD, flash zips via clockwork.

No wipe or need to go back to T Mobile 2.1 ?

Is it that simple?

Thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi, I'm on FLB 1.5. Reading the post, for me it seems like this is a simple, Nandroid backup, ROM and GAPPS to SD, flash zips via clockwork.

No wipe or need to go back to T Mobile 2.1 ?

Is it that simple?

Thanks

What official update are you running, uk, hungarian or tre

if you already flashed the uk one once then you just backup, wipe and flash the 2 packages via clockwork

Guest scoobydoo99
What official update are you running, uk, hungarian or tre

if you already flashed the uk one once then you just backup, wipe and flash the 2 packages via clockwork

It was the UK one - I'll give it a go asap, thanks.

p.s. got a Blade this week and installed the deoranged 2.1 rom, be interesting to see how the Pulse fares in a comparison with Froyo :P

Guest scoobydoo99
9 mins later, installed and rebooted and looking good - something new to fiddle with on this snowy night, thanks.

Spoke too soon, wireless isn't working, when I select turn on wireless, it scans for a minute then switches itself off again.

Off to search to see if it's a known problem.

Guest scoobydoo99
Spoke too soon, wireless isn't working, when I select turn on wireless, it scans for a minute then switches itself off again.

Off to search to see if it's a known problem.

Found a post that says the flashable CM6 rom hasn't got the 'wifi fix' and that's what's causing my 'unable to scan' problem. Now let's see if I can find something on the wifi fix.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi just found something really cool which would be cool to put into this rom, its a replacement launcher and its called go launcher

Features

Extremely customizable

lightweight and smooth

multitasking tab under the app draw so you can switch between any running applications easily

people test it out and reply on whether I should replace adw with this or not

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applica...ncher_ohfd.html

oh and did I forget to tell you that we can have a total of 30 HOME SCREENS!!!

Guest scoobydoo99
I think that will solve it, funnily enough I didnt need to apply that fix, I didnt even know that this was a problem lol

Hmm, no luck so far. I don't seem to have wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi. I can find wpa_supplicant.conf but it's in /system/etc/wifi and I can't remove it in Terminal as it says it's read only (Terminal Emulator does have SU access).

Tried a reflash, but same again - still getting 'unable to scan' message after an initial scan, then it disconnects the wifi again.

Any other thoughts?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hmm, no luck so far. I don't seem to have wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi. I can find wpa_supplicant.conf but it's in /system/etc/wifi and I can't remove it in Terminal as it says it's read only (Terminal Emulator does have SU access).

Tried a reflash, but same again - still getting 'unable to scan' message after an initial scan, then it disconnects the wifi again.

Any other thoughts?

you sure? I just used es file explorer to check in there and I could see the file

Guest scoobydoo99
you sure? I just used es file explorer to check in there and I could see the file

Is this data folder in the root directory?

I did a search with Astro and it could only find that file in the system/etc/wifi folder.

I'll look again when it's recharged.