Phones by Carrier?

Guest Slasher42

Guest Slasher42

Been away for a while... Just came back to this community to do some research as I am wanting to get a new phone sometime in the next week or two. So... I thought this Community used to have sub-forums for carriers like ATT/Verizon/Tmobile where you could go and get info/advice about best phones on the carrier.

In my case I am on Verizon and have been using a Samsung Omnia i910 for about 1.5 years. I used info I got here to set the phone up how I wanted it and never changed it. Now I am wanting to move onto an Android phone on Verizon network and the choices seem overwhelming. Samsung Fascinate, DroidX, Droid2, Incredible are just 4 of the ones I am seeing heavily advertised and all look good to me.

So where can I look to pick one of these phones? The size isnt terribly important, I am okay with the "Giant" Droid X.

I want a fast phone that is stable and an important feature for me is being able to tether to my netbook when needed. I'd like to use a Mobile Hotspot thing but don't want to pay Verizon a extra $20 a month for that so would be happy just tethering with usb....

Anyway... Advice appreciated! Thanks