WITH SENSE: 10/Feb r3 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) MoDaCo Custom ROM with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Vision (this is the version based on the Desire Z ROM, featuring HTC Sense)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

THIS ROM SHOULD RUN ON BOTH THE G2 AND THE DESIRE Z!

Features
  • Repack of the 1.72.405.3 ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • New busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Updated Google Components
  • Updated Facebook
  • Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration.
  • Added MCR Boot Animation (stock and N1 as options)
  • Added Development Tools option
  • Added Spare Parts option
  • Added Titanium Mobile option
  • Added WiFi Indicator Option
  • Added WaveSecure option
  • Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added
  • De-odex'ed for the themers out there

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM (unless you are coming from a non-'Sense' ROM), however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]r3 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: b39c774b0654cff83704bf758d6201ca

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

r3 10/Feb

• Reoptimised - smaller, faster!
  • Updated all outdated components
  • Fixed su issue
    • Based on 1.72 release
    • Updated all components (in turn compressed and optimised)
    • Added init.d support
    • Updated busybox
    • Added terminfo

• Prebake updated to include 'Locations'.
      • 12/Nov r1

[*]Initial Release

Guest frankoid
[*]Optimised with the MCR build process, which means that the ROM will fit on a G2 without needing to remove any content!

Hi Paul,

Can you share any information about how the MCR build process shrinks the ROM? I'm working on a Desire custom ROM at the moment and have run out of space on /system so any tips on what I can do to save space without removing apks etc would be very welcome!

Francis

A TON of stuff to put in, this is just about 'getting it up there'! :huh:

It's still pretty nice tho. :rolleyes:

P

Hmmm I'll wait till the goodies are in then lol.

Guest aqeelasghar

Hay Paul,

great work. can u plz list major features included in this release and wot features r inline in comin releases (specifically about live wallpaper)?

:rolleyes:

Guest magicpie1980

P

Just about to flash mate;) Looks like another winner;)

JD

Guest mamoulian

Hi Paul,

This option:

Sense / Rosie installed to /system partition

This option includes the Sense / Rosie application.

does it just remove the HTC Sense Launcher/home app, or does it also remove other parts of Sense too that might affect e.g. the HTC syncing?

Also, why are just a couple of things - maps and news&weather - installed to /data/?

The locations option somehow got missed out of the kitchen!

I've updated it, and will update the prebake next time i'm properly online (visiting family for the weekend now!)

P

Guest SozzaSinnian

Thanks again Paul :rolleyes:

Having problems flashing ClockworkMod to install this... I have used r12 to get perm root, then used Rom Manager from the market to supposedly install ClockworkMod but I still don't have a custom recovery :huh:

I've also tried another guide to get S-Off but had no luck there either. I am usually ok at these things but can't seem to get anywhere with this...

Searched around and tried everything I can find. Could someone please point me to a working guide to follow?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out, was having a blond moment...lol Took a step back and let everything sink in I had been reading and it clicked :huh:

Edited by SozzaSinnian

Guest sonofabit

P

Any idea as to when car panel and locations will be in this ROM?

Guest SozzaSinnian

Seems to be running fine with no issues so far. I have noticed I have maybe a few apps missing from my stock sim free rom. I could flash my original backup to extract them if needed Paul? Also had the maps software on the SD that came with my handset. Let me know if I can help with anything Paul :rolleyes:

Guest SozzaSinnian
The kitchen has the locations app back, the prebake will be updated in due course. Nothing else should be missing?

P

I would have to flash back to check to be honest as I have only had my phone a little over a day and most of that has been running your rom on it! lol

It was just with the post earlier that the location app was missing, I wondered if your rom had been taken from a non sim free unit. Not to worry, just wanted to offer some help back if you needed the missing bits but seems you have it covered :rolleyes:

Guest sonofabit
The kitchen has the locations app back, the prebake will be updated in due course. Nothing else should be missing?

P

Everything is there now. Complete ROM. Would be nice to get the OC kernel, notification fix (the light stops flashing after a few minutes) and trackpad wake.

Guest Abra Cadabra

Running it for almost a day now and absolutely no problems. Feels like an r10 not an r1 :rolleyes: .

Thanks!

Looking forward to having stock contacts/dialer option available at some point. :huh: