WITH SENSE: 10/Feb r3 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) MoDaCo Custom ROM with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gawain1986

Paul,

When you get around to it... would it be possible to add settings to the kitchen for disabling the 270 degree rotation and the boot sound?

Thansk a bunch!

Guest SozzaSinnian

Anyone know how we would go about hiding the clock on the taskbar? I have seen update.zips going around for other roms for this purpose. Still don't understand why HTC or Google don't include this as an option for when you have a clock on your home screen...

Guest jdschrock

Alright so I've only just rooted my G2 with Visionary r13, and successfully gained perm root and S-off. So thank you very much for all the hard work on that. I also went ahead and flashed your MCR with Sense, and that also worked flawlessly. I'm really enjoying the UI. Here is where I've hit a bump in the road though. In going through the process of installing the MCR I was also checking out the work of CyanogenMod, as I have used their ROMs before. You both had the same directions with the exception of yours not needing me to wipe my system or having a seperate file for google apps. The long and short of it is that I did in fact do a Nandroid backup, wiped my device, and installed your MCR. The ROM works well as a whole, but I find myself unable to restore my backed up apps with no working app manager/market. I understand that HTC Likes is meant for app downloads but it continually force closes whenever I try to install something. What's more is that I seem to have lost the Clockwork Recovery, and can't reboot into recovery to reistall the ROM or switch to a different one. Any idea to the source of my problem here? Again I do appreciate all the hard work, and apologize for the length of my post. I just wanted to be concise with my information. Thank you in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide.

Guest DimensionFX
Thanks again Paul B)

Having problems flashing ClockworkMod to install this... I have used r12 to get perm root, then used Rom Manager from the market to supposedly install ClockworkMod but I still don't have a custom recovery :)

I've also tried another guide to get S-Off but had no luck there either. I am usually ok at these things but can't seem to get anywhere with this...

Searched around and tried everything I can find. Could someone please point me to a working guide to follow?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out, was having a blond moment...lol Took a step back and let everything sink in I had been reading and it clicked :)

I have the same problem! What can I do?

Guest DimensionFX
For the HTC Desire Z follow THIS guide

For the G2 follow THIS guide (I haven't personally used this one as I have the DZ)

B)

this how to I found too... but i think I'm to stupid for that :-D I cannot find the directory for the first two files /data/local/

Edited by DimensionFX

Guest SozzaSinnian

It doesn't sound like you have the Android SDK installed to me. Download it from HERE then extract it to your C drive so it looks like C:\AndroidSDK

Install the Sync software that came with your phone if not done already so that you have the drivers ready.

On your phone go to: MENU > Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is on.

Plug your phone into USB and let it install the drivers. Once it has installed click on START > RUN and type "cmd" without the quotes then press ENTER.

Now you want to type the following pressing ENTER after each line:

cd\

cd AndroidSDK\tools\

adb devices

You should see the serial number of your phone appear on the screen, your now ready to follow the guides linked to above by typing the commands in them into the cmd window here B)

The G2 and Desire Z have a slightly different key mapping for the Keypads. The TAB and Symbol sign have different functions for example. Is it possible to get the stock G2 keymapping with Sense UI?

The ROM works wonders on my G2 aside from the Keypads. Thanks!

Guest harolds5
The pre-baked version is not Deodexed. Just making you aware.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what that means.

I also found it easier then following the step for installing was to:

Just copy the file curcial-oj.kl to /system/usr/keylayout/ in the unsigned zip file I created in the kitchen and re-flashed without a data wipe.

Not sure if there are any possible problems being created doing it this way, but I haven't noticed any.

Post nr 1 states:

> In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

I used visionary to TEMPROOTmy device, Then I used Titanum backup to install Clockwork Mod. So literally, my device now fits the requirement: I have Clockwork Mod installed. Right? Anyway, I am a bit hesitant. Will this work, or should I do a PERMROOT?

EDIT:

Well well, isn't this a busy forum.

On other forums I have found the answer. The first post of this thread is incomplete. You need full root and S-OFF.

Thanks all for helping.

Edited by wvn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toucan509
Alright so I've only just rooted my G2 with Visionary r13, and successfully gained perm root and S-off. So thank you very much for all the hard work on that. I also went ahead and flashed your MCR with Sense, and that also worked flawlessly. I'm really enjoying the UI. Here is where I've hit a bump in the road though. In going through the process of installing the MCR I was also checking out the work of CyanogenMod, as I have used their ROMs before. You both had the same directions with the exception of yours not needing me to wipe my system or having a seperate file for google apps. The long and short of it is that I did in fact do a Nandroid backup, wiped my device, and installed your MCR. The ROM works well as a whole, but I find myself unable to restore my backed up apps with no working app manager/market. I understand that HTC Likes is meant for app downloads but it continually force closes whenever I try to install something. What's more is that I seem to have lost the Clockwork Recovery, and can't reboot into recovery to reistall the ROM or switch to a different one. Any idea to the source of my problem here? Again I do appreciate all the hard work, and apologize for the length of my post. I just wanted to be concise with my information. Thank you in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide.

Paul

Ive had my G2 rooted for some time now and last night decided to try out this MCR Sense Rom on my G2. It works flawlessly, but I am not a big of the whole interface and decided to go back to my original G2 Rom, and this is where I am stuck. I did everything the poster I quoted did before flashing this MCR onto my phone,and am basically having the same issue. My G2 apparently has lost root access after flashing this Rom. I cant get SuperUser permissions for anything, Clockwork Mod will not work. When I boot into Recovery mode and I select any of the options, all I get is a black, blank screen. Ive tried installing Visionary to see if would let me gain root access again, and It just gets stuck in a loop and never does anything. I just want to go back to my factory G2 Rom, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...