Camera Focus issue?

Guest Charlton22

Guest Charlton22

Does any 1 has issues with camera focus?

I have this issue from last December, when I bought the phone..

When taking photos from a medium distance the images are great, but when taking a photo lets say, some text for example, the result is not that good..

Even when the camera is in green mode.. The results are not good..

Any one else with this issue?

Guest magritte
Does any 1 has issues with camera focus?

I have this issue from last December, when I bought the phone..

When taking photos from a medium distance the images are great, but when taking a photo lets say, some text for example, the result is not that good..

Even when the camera is in green mode.. The results are not good..

Any one else with this issue?

I've found the camera to be relatively useless. I think it's just got poor macro focus. You'll need to be at least 1 or 2 feet from your target to get a decent focus lock and like you I've seen it claim to have a positive focus lock when it really didn't. On top of that there's no optical stabilization so I've found it virtually impossible to keep the phone steady enough to take in-focus pictures of anything (regardless of distance) due to the camera shake. The camera button has 2-stages so you can pre-focus. Again I've found it so hard to keep the camera sufficiently still that pre-focusing hasn't been useful. Even my best shots, when zoomed into pixel level, are blurred. Whether it's the optics or the camera shake, I don't think I've taken a shot that would benefit from more than 2 megapixels.

I played briefly with some third party camera apps but frankly didn't find that they improved the situation much. Maybe in time I'll learn how to hold the phone steadier. It does help a bit to force a higher ISO setting but things get really noisy fast...

Edited by magritte

Guest jayziac

On these basic lens cameras, the minimum focusing distance is very far, about a foot. As for stability, the newer camera app that comes in Android 2.1 and 2.2 has a touch shutter button on the screen, I use that mainly so I don't add shake blur when I snap the picture. 3rd party camera apps have a feature that uses the accelerometer to detect when the camera is stable for a split second before actually taking the picture.

Guest fear_factory84
3rd party camera apps have a feature that uses the accelerometer to detect when the camera is stable for a split second before actually taking the picture.

Could you tell me what 3rd party programs have this feature?

Thanks!