[ADDON] DSPManager v2 (13/11/2010)

Guest vache

Guest fear_factory84

Vache, today I've tried the first version (I'm noticing the second version now), with my sony ericsson mw600 bluetooth ad2p headset, the sound is crackly and interrupted. I reverted to my nandroid backup without dsp manager and sound via bluetooth headset returned good. My rom is lcr-f 1.1.2 on bin 4.504b acer liquid a1.

Later I'll try the second version..

ps: if you need a bluetooth ad2p tester here I am :rolleyes:

Edited by fear_factory84

Vache, today I've tried the first version (I'm noticing the second version now), with my sony ericsson mw600 bluetooth ad2p headset, the sound is crackly and interrupted. I reverted to my nandroid backup without dsp manager and sound via bluetooth headset returned good. My rom is lcr-f 1.1.2 on bin 4.504b acer liquid a1.

Later I'll try the second version..

ps: if you need a bluetooth ad2p tester here I am :rolleyes:

As said in the OP, the v2 fix the "crackly" sound, so it should fix your bug too.

Guest Liquidator
It should work. It works on LCR-F and both ROM are using same audio library.

OK, works perfectly! Thanks Vache!!

Highest frequencies are now set to -6, that helps a lot (though in my opinion they could be even softer.. )

Guest snuskegard
OK, works perfectly! Thanks Vache!!

Highest frequencies are now set to -6, that helps a lot (though in my opinion they could be even softer.. )

+1

Maybe -10 or more is possible?

Otherwise it works like a charm, THX!

Guest rasbora

Found a bug, the volume of voice the speaker does not change after installation DSPManager v2. Firmware Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05.

Еverything else works

Guest fear_factory84
As said in the OP, the v2 fix the "crackly" sound, so it should fix your bug too.

Tried the v2 and I can confirm that it works 95% well. sometimes audio cracks but stopping the player and restarting it fixes the sound.

I've done in addition some investigation about cpu usage of the mediaserver process while using the dsp functions (on ad2p headset):

- plain sound, no eq, no compression, no virtual room: 18-20% cpu frequency 245760

- eq enabled, no compression, no virtual room: 39-41% cpu frequency 245760

- compression enabled no eq: 40% cpu frequency 384000

so compression is very cpu and power intensive...

I can tell with the mw600 bluetooth headset there is not too much advantage using compression or eq (in my opinion). Using cable headset it made the difference!

Regards

I forgot, using cable headset there is not too much cpu usage difference between enabling dsp manager functions or not...

Edited by fear_factory84

How do you install this add in? using just the lastest 2.2 leak any info would be helpful.

Put the zip file on your SD, and flash it with recovery in "no-signed" mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Koki1337

Vache, it seems like there's been a volume problem.

Since I started using this DSP manager, the voice input volume had been very low

Soundhound couldn't detect hear anything when I put the phone right in front of my speaker, I couldn't record anything and vocie actions had been failing.

What seems to be the cause?

Sorry noob question

any one have any presets....or can give me what sounds good.....I am by no means an audiophile and don't really know how to setup the equalizer to get decent sounds....

thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
Guest crazycage

hey vache,

Sorry to raise a thread from the dead, but I just installed this DSP patch you did on my Acer Liquid. Is there anyway to add more frequency range like up to +12 rather just 6?

My bluetooth headphones are seriously lacking treble/highs and I need a full treble max boost.

Thanks

Guest sundawg

Thanks vache ,Well i've a question before i install v2 dsp manager,i'm using LCR-F 2 and i also installed the audiolibs update to fix the volume problem for incoming call volume issue, so now i already have a dsp manager which was integrated in lcr-f 2 should i uninstall it and reninstall the new one v2? or i can just update it frm malez recovery?and my second question will the dsp manager v2 will work overthe update of audiolibs fix for incoming call volume?thanks again your help s much appreciated :D

Guest crazycage

hey sundawg,

can you please tell me where you found the latest update/fix for audiolibs? I am having aprobem with my liquid's phone volume dropping below 1/4 and barely noticable even though its set to maximum volume across the board. It only happens once in a while but I have to restart my phone to fix it. It must be DSP manager as its the only thing that has changed on my phone.

I will try and update the package with the new lib file if you can send to me.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Guest androich

Dear All...

i use DSP on mu phone (Acer Liquid E - LeoGB - and also MIUI) but when i used it with Bluetooth headset, why there are no significant change/effect?