official 2.2 is here or something happens

Guest ali_alex

I'm almost sure that they mean 00 devices! Not 31!

:rolleyes: NOOOOOOOOOOO Any way to get around this? I'm going to have a titty attack if I have to wait until december lol

Guest Fone_Fanatic

Just sit tight and wait for someone with an 00 device to either share a direct link to the pkg or download and share it with us :rolleyes:

I tried going to http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110400 and got redirected to "your device is up to date"

I'm definitely not waiting till december...

On a positive note, http://mobileupdate.dell.com/streak/streak...n/download.html is back but the "Download & Install" button still doesn't point to anything :S

Edited by Fone_Fanatic

Just sit tight and wait for someone with an 00 device to either share a direct link to the pkg or download and share it with us :rolleyes:

I tried going to http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110400 and got redirected to "your device is up to date"

I'm definitely not waiting till december...

On a positive note, http://mobileupdate.dell.com/streak/streak...n/download.html is back but the "Download & Install" button still doesn't point to anything :S

But if you find someone with an 00 device to give you the pkg, and you are on ATT 1.6 for instance, won't you have to change your baseband to use that person's pkg?

Guest Fone_Fanatic
But if you find someone with an 00 device to give you the pkg, and you are on ATT 1.6 for instance, won't you have to change your baseband to use that person's pkg?

We'll probably have to flash a stock recovery from an 00 device so we don't get a FOTA mismatch error.

lets just get the .pkg first then address that issue :rolleyes:

Guest zoidster

I understand the reasons why , and how it works etc. but I am still going to moan just for the sake of it :rolleyes:

So , those of us who have had our streaks the longest (i.e o2 branded ) must wait the longest , while the guys that bought unlocked units get to jump the queue ?

As I said , I understand this is just the way of the world , but that doesn't make it suck any less ! I feel like I'm being punished for being an early adopter !

Edited by zoidster

Not sure if this means something or not, but the Dell site's FAQ for Froyo on the streak says this about best buy's streaks getting the update:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...t/19353639.aspx

"Q. What if I am not a current Streak owner, but I plan to buy from Best Buy or Dell directly in the U.S.? Will Froyo be pre-installed?

A. Best Buy devices currently in stores will be eligible for the Froyo update on December 3, 2010. Additionally, within the next few weeks, an unlocked version of the Streak with Froyo pre-installed will be available on www.dell.com in the U.S. I’ll post back here once I have some solid dates."

Perhaps that means the US phones will get the update released on the 3rd.

Guest Fone_Fanatic
Not sure if this means something or not, but the Dell site's FAQ for Froyo on the streak says this about best buy's streaks getting the update:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forum...t/19353639.aspx

"Q. What if I am not a current Streak owner, but I plan to buy from Best Buy or Dell directly in the U.S.? Will Froyo be pre-installed?

A. Best Buy devices currently in stores will be eligible for the Froyo update on December 3, 2010. Additionally, within the next few weeks, an unlocked version of the Streak with Froyo pre-installed will be available on www.dell.com in the U.S. I’ll post back here once I have some solid dates."

Perhaps that means the US phones will get the update released on the 3rd.

So when they initially said by the end of the year, they actually meant end of the year! Haha

How do I tell if I have an unlocked baseband?

Baseband GAUSB1A130500-US

Your on steve's froyo right?

00 is unlocked but I don't think steve's froyo rom is pointed to the proper update. Would have to ask him on that one.

Also does anyone know how they deploy these ota updates? Is it the phone looking for them on the server? Our are they using networks and imei #s to send them to? I think the latter would be too difficult.

Guest stevenrm1
So when they initially said by the end of the year, they actually meant end of the year! Haha

Your on steve's froyo right?

00 is unlocked but I don't think steve's froyo rom is pointed to the proper update. Would have to ask him on that one.

Also does anyone know how they deploy these ota updates? Is it the phone looking for them on the server? Our are they using networks and imei #s to send them to? I think the latter would be too difficult.

Yes I am on Stephen's froyo rom v1.2. Is the baseband that the phone reporting the original baseband or has it been changed by going to v1.2.

If my streak is truley unlocked I will back down to the original 1.6 and if someone wants to direct me how to save out the update when and if it comes to me I will.

Yes I am on Stephen's froyo rom v1.2. Is the baseband that the phone reporting the original baseband or has it been changed by going to v1.2.

If my streak is truley unlocked I will back down to the original 1.6 and if someone wants to direct me how to save out the update when and if it comes to me I will.

let it download, don't reboot!

grab the pkg file off the sdcard...

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Well, doubt it actually is any closer but just tried the software update in phone settings -

the page it now brings me too is no longer just a line saying "your device is up to date" as it was this morning, it's changed over - http://mobileupdate.dell.com/uptodate/uptodate.html

Just another "something is about to happen soon" moment.

Really no one had got it yet?

I keep refreshing this page http://mobileupdate.dell.com/streak/streak...n/download.html but the download & install button still isn't pointing to anything...

if you read what Amy @ dell wrote in the FAQ it appears that button is calling some javascript that gets fed the BB version when you do the update check through settings. so pressing it without going through the process looks unlikely to do anything..

its also gone back to the old uptodate message

Edited by fards

Guest Fone_Fanatic
if you read what Amy @ dell wrote in the FAQ it appears that button is calling some javascript that gets fed the BB version when you do the update check through settings. so pressing it without going through the process looks unlikely to do anything..

its also gone back to the old uptodate message

Oops, must of missed that part of the faq in all the excitement... But don't you think thats a bit hard to implement? Oh well.. Guess its back yo the waiting game?

Guest blankers
I understand the reasons why , and how it works etc. but I am still going to moan just for the sake of it :rolleyes:

So , those of us who have had our streaks the longest (i.e o2 branded ) must wait the longest , while the guys that bought unlocked units get to jump the queue ?

As I said , I understand this is just the way of the world , but that doesn't make it suck any less ! I feel like I'm being punished for being an early adopter !

I don't understand why.....yes they want the carriers approval before sending it out to a carrier supplied phone......for warranty reasons I suppose.......but I don't see why they can't release a dell branded freely available version for anyone who wants to try it at their own risk.

I also have an o2 iphone and when Apple update it is available for everyone to download or not, at the same time.

What is the difference?

Guest stalkachu

Hi there. Waiting for this expectantly, but...a related question:

If I'm running a rebelSIM 1.2, will updating to 2.2 break functionality? I understand it's a problem with Steve's Froyo build, and it's baseband related (Kinda noobish on this front, sorry. >_<), so just wondering if it will still be a problem post-official release. If so, I presume a complete factory unlock or a 1.3 RebelSIM will solve the problem, but just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Take care,

Stalks

Guest untrueparadox
Hi there. Waiting for this expectantly, but...a related question:

If I'm running a rebelSIM 1.2, will updating to 2.2 break functionality? I understand it's a problem with Steve's Froyo build, and it's baseband related (Kinda noobish on this front, sorry. >_<), so just wondering if it will still be a problem post-official release. If so, I presume a complete factory unlock or a 1.3 RebelSIM will solve the problem, but just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Take care,

Stalks

yes it will probably break cell functionality. you can downgrade the baseband and revert back if it doesnt work.

I know it is possible to change a 00 baseband device to a 21 (pseudo 02) baseband device to flash the 02 2.1 (8105) build.

Similarly, is it possible to change a 21 (02) to a 00 to get the unbranded 2.2 in advance of the carrier specific version?

So who in here has a 00 unlocked device bought directly from dell?

Well, I bought mine from digitec in Switzerland - they're an official re-seller.

I have the UK generic version (bb: GAUSB1A110700-EU) with the stock 1.6 ROM (build 4399).

So far, no updates available. I really don't think Dell has released anything yesterday - nobody seems to have gotten the update so far.

Guest bytesemantics

I bought a Streak 2 weeks ago directly from Dell UK (shipped with 1.6)

Still no updates available.

Looks like they've put the infrastructure in place - but must be waiting for some kind of official signoff before releasing the actual payload.

Still - good to know they've thought hard about the update delivery process. (And I *know* from bitter experience about half-baked attempts at update delivery - are you listening "Samsung" ? are you listening "Acer" ?)

Lets hope they've gotten it right.

Cheers

Paul

(owner:Acer Liquid A1, HTC Magic (cyanogenROM), HTC Desire, Samsung i5700, Dell Streak)

Guest RedSlug

The worrying thing is that o2 have to check the release before we get it. Who knows how long they will take and what they will insist that Dell remove before its release....