Temp Root via VISIONary

Guest kayronjm

Guest kayronjm

I'm very happy with my new HTC Desire HD phone. I'm even happier that I have VISIONary R11 installed and use it to Temp Root it for use with applications like SetCPU, ShootMe, etc. I currently do not want to Permanently Root my phone as it's very new and I'd hate to mess with it in this manner. The Temp Root solution offered by VISIONary is perfect as it does the job and I can undo it easily by rebooting. I can also uninstall the application and leave no trace for HTC to find in case I need warranty support!

My question is simple: Will VISIONary always support Temp Root?

With later versions of Android I might require later versions of VISIONary. I just hope that the author (to whom I'm very grateful for this application!) doesn't remove the Temp Root feature in favour of a Permanent Root. At least having the option to simply Temp Root is perfect for me!

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

I'm very happy with my new HTC Desire HD phone. I'm even happier that I have VISIONary R11 installed and use it to Temp Root it for use with applications like SetCPU, ShootMe, etc. I currently do not want to Permanently Root my phone as it's very new and I'd hate to mess with it in this manner. The Temp Root solution offered by VISIONary is perfect as it does the job and I can undo it easily by rebooting. I can also uninstall the application and leave no trace for HTC to find in case I need warranty support!

My question is simple: Will VISIONary always support Temp Root?

With later versions of Android I might require later versions of VISIONary. I just hope that the author (to whom I'm very grateful for this application!) doesn't remove the Temp Root feature in favour of a Permanent Root. At least having the option to simply Temp Root is perfect for me!

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

I have r10 installed and have downloaded r11. The r11 that I downloaded includes several files and folders, but no .apk file. What do I need to do to install r11 over r10? Many thanks in advance.

Edited by T.P.

if both versions are the plain visionary or visionary+, you can overwrite the old installation by simply running the new apk. if you have installed visionary and you are going to install visionary+, then uninstall visionary first.

i don't know if you should unroot first, maybe that's a step on the safe side as you might not be able to root afterwards, which happened to a lot of people here (including me)