automatic connection?!

Guest pagts

Please help! I have had the LG 540 for about a month, my first new phone for 8 years, I really like it but am struggling. My biggest problem at the moment is that I am being charged 11p twice every hour detailed on the bill as GPRS ap-prepaidsessio. I called orange and they have blocked my internet use, which had little effect (and annoying as its why I bought the phone in the first place) and talked to a very helpful guy at Carphone warehouse who switched off all the data sync settings, and this still didn't fix it. I'm sorry if I'm being stupid but I really don't know what else to do. Please help!!!

Guest fjsferreira
Please help! I have had the LG 540 for about a month, my first new phone for 8 years, I really like it but am struggling. My biggest problem at the moment is that I am being charged 11p twice every hour detailed on the bill as GPRS ap-prepaidsessio. I called orange and they have blocked my internet use, which had little effect (and annoying as its why I bought the phone in the first place) and talked to a very helpful guy at Carphone warehouse who switched off all the data sync settings, and this still didn't fix it. I'm sorry if I'm being stupid but I really don't know what else to do. Please help!!!

If data connections are correctly turned of, then the problem isn't with the phone. To be sure, install Quick Settings (http://www.appbrain.com/app/quick-settings/com.bwx.bequick) and go to the option to deactivate APN's. you will see some warning, read it and turn it off, this way I assure you not a single byte is transmited again :rolleyes:

But I really suggest you have an unlimited data plan to enjoy all of your android best features.